jimmer
Standard Member
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: I NEED YOUR HELP! Abandoned project with 745whp?! -
Country
United Kingdom
Everything posted by jimmer
-
Ross aka Ruishy
Some of you guys especially the Scottish member s may have known Ross.I'm afraid too announce he passed away aged 30 on August the 4th.Rip fella.
-
headlights and Mot failure.......
checked the bulb is fitted correctly,they are fiddly and quite often on the fritz
-
JeffTT
Yup I do,including yours Tony.
-
Oil Presure Sender (left or Right)
it wont work iirc,I fitted a US alternator loom and plugged the sender plug in on the drivers side and it had no conection im sure.to relocate the sender look up 1/8 npt remote sender adaptor on ebay
-
Where to buy new O2 sensors?
I can supply and fit Bosch sensors for £250 the pair,e bay ones are very often poor quality items and not worth the hassle of fitting.
-
I am losing it, need advice
yes as oil runs down the stem overnight then combusts on start up
-
I am losing it, need advice
Over run smoking is usually piston related,id say ring land failure,on over run the crankcase pressures rise forcing oil up past the failed rings.This wont always show on a comp test.
-
Aftermarket maf... DONT
mafs cant alter the fuel pressure,have you swapped out the fuel pump ecu ?
-
Hi for the second time
Hi Chap,as previously stated im in Bristol so not any further than going to Zedworld really.If you need any work etc feel free to contact me.
-
What 555 injectors are these??
can you get a plug off to help identify them
-
Engine replacement
A grinding noise can be caused by a failed turbo,as the other guys have said bearings don't grind.does the noise increase with revs ?
-
Aem fuel pump and SWB
Good job Paul,submersible fuel line is essential as you say,expensive stuff compared with regular stuff
-
Idle hunting
The power balance is dodgy due too the unstable idle,whats the idle percentage ?
-
where to get resistor for dett sensor bypass
I would say before bypassing it needs a consult check,an open circuit det sensor wont cycle usually on the ignition,you may have an issue which needs fixing and not masking with a resistor
-
PowerZed forged engine rebuild
Your welcome Howard,glad your reunited with your car and able to use it again
-
new rear arches
yeah they cost oh sorry im too expensive........
-
Red Z project.
have you done a compression test Joel or checked spark on the cylinders,the injectors you had were cleaned with new seals and filters fitted.
-
So Many Great Members Gone
yup guy was mental,was married to Sasha who was a member on here,she pied him off and he went back home to SA,And last year I had a message he was dead and was sent a link Bri to an SA newspaper proving it.I never forgot a meet at the pub and seeing his gun collection,rifles with laser sights on tripods etc,proper paid up member to the fruitcake club LOL
-
So Many Great Members Gone
lee that owned the pub shot himself last year,showing off in a bar in South Africa when some guys were pretending to play Russian roulette he showed them how it was really played and threw a 7 !
-
PowerZed forged engine rebuild
alive and washed Howard !
-
quick one - ticking noise...
I have when I worked on plant machinery years ago and on trucks.any engine I find that has sediment in is usually grenaded anyway and that's why im fixing it.
-
Sticking when cold..
blandford isn't miles away from me Greg if you want me to plug it in.
-
quick one - ticking noise...
what do you work on massey ferguson tractors ?
-
Following on for my search of knowledge of porting and polishing
Gaz the seats were soft too on the early heads.
-
FAO "StuartTheFish": We are still Facebook Fwiends!
Is Noel your special fwiend,car fwiend then ?