1) The name of the Association shall be the 300ZX Owners Club.
2) In this constitution:
a) The "Association" shall mean the 300ZX Owners Club.
b) "Local Groups" shall mean such groups as may with the permission of the Committee be formed within the Association amongst members.
c) 300ZX shall mean the Nissan 300ZX (Z32 model series).
d) “Writing” shall include electronic means (email, fax and online private messages).
e) Committee Meetings shall include meetings using telephone, and Internet conference call facilities.
3) The objects of the Association shall be:
a) To cater for the owners of the 300ZX.
b) To promote ownership of the 300ZX.
c) To provide a Club site hosted at 300ZXco.uk & 300zx-owners.club
d) To get commercial traders to participate with the association to the mutual benefit of the traders, association and members.
e) To Endeavour to provide support to members to enable them to maintain their cars in a roadworthy condition.
f) To provide social activities for members.
g) To encourage and support members in their participation with official motor sports activities.
h) To promote and publicise the association and its activities.
i) To maintain and further the association's links with the manufacturer and their agents.
4)The Association shall be formed of individuals who shall be either Full, Honorary or Subscribed Trader members. Members under the age of 17 may not be eligible for participation in activities that the Committee shall deem inappropriate.
a)Full membership is available to individuals who pay the current annual subscription fee that is pre-determined by the Committee and ratified at the AGM. Full Members shall be entitled to vote at any General, Special or Annual General Meetings.
b) Honorary membership may be conferred on persons who, in the opinion of the Committee, have rendered services to the Association but so that honorary members at any one time shall not exceed ten. An Honorary member is not entitled to vote at any General, Special or Annual General Meetings.
c)Subscribed Trader membership is available to commercial traders who wish to trade products and services on the Club Forum website. An annual subscription fee is payable, pre-determined by the Committee and ratified at the AGM. A subscribed trader is not entitled to vote at any General, Special or Annual General Meetings.
d)The Committee reserves the right to refuse applications for membership of the Association from individuals or traders who are considered inappropriate to the Club’s well-being and integrity.
5)The full name and address of every candidate for Full membership shall be submitted in writing to the Membership Secretary upon a form which shall be prescribed from time to time by the Committee for this purpose. Upon payment of the annual subscription fee the candidate shall become a Full member.
a)Upon recommendation by the Committee, an honorary member may be elected at any General Meeting of the Association for any such period as the General Meeting deem expedient. A two thirds majority of members present and voting shall be necessary to ensure election.
6)Any member or trader whose membership has been revoked or who owes money to the Association may be excluded from any of the Association’s activities at the discretion of the Committee members present at such activity.
7)Members are required to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for the Association’s website forum as laid down by the Committee.
8)All Full members and Subscribed Traders shall pay such subscription as the Committee shall from time to time determine. Such subscription rates to be ratified at the AGM.
9)The Association shall be directed by the Committee which shall meet no less than four times in any year.
10)The Committee positions & electing Committee Members are as follows.
a)The Committee shall comprise of the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Technical Officer, Membership Secretary. The Chairman shall be elected by the committee by a two thirds majority, must also be a full member of the Association and have served as a voting member of the Committee for a minimum of six months.
b)In the event of the position of the Chairman becoming vacant, a Vice Chairman shall take on the Chairman's duties and powers appointed by the Committee.
c)The Committee shall deal with the day to day running of financial matters arising within the Association and may make financial decisions.
d)New & Existing Committee Members are to be Elected by existing members of the Committee and are not elected to any specific post, but their role on the Committee shall be determined at a meeting of the Committee, or a discussion within the Policy forum.
e)All members of the Committee shall be Full members of the Association. Should any Committee member cease to be a member of the Association they will cease to be a member of the Committee and lose any privileges associated with such membership with effect from the date that their membership expired.
11)The Committee may at any time for good and proper reason suspend any Committee member and any privileges associated with such membership by a two-thirds majority vote at a meeting of the Committee. Before such membership is suspended the Secretary shall give the individual notice in writing to attend a meeting of the Committee and shall inform him of the complaint against him. No membership shall be suspended unless the member shall have first have had the opportunity of appearing before the Committee and answering complaints made against them.
12)At meetings of the Committee:
a)The Chairman shall preside.
b)Each member of the Committee shall have one vote and no more save that in the case of equality the Chairman shall have the second or casting vote.
c)All those members of the Association who are invited to attend a Committee meeting shall be informed of the Date, Time and Venue of such meeting, and be furnished with an agenda not less than seven days prior to the date of such meetings.
d)Not less than one third of the members of the Committee shall form a quorum.
e)No member of the Committee shall speak on any matter in which they or persons associated with them have a financial interest and a member should in such circumstances declare his interest to the Committee at the first available opportunity and such declaration shall be noted in the Minutes.
f)Minutes of all Committee meetings shall be taken and distributed to all those present at the meeting.
g)Save as above the Committee shall regulate its own procedure.
13)The Committee may from time to time appoint among its members such other Committee as it shall deem necessary or expedient and the scope, powers and duties of such Committee shall be determined by the Committee.
a)The Committee may permit Local Groups to be formed among individual members for the furtherance of common activities. Any Full Member can propose the formation of a Local Group for consideration at a Committee meeting. A Local Group must agree to follow the Club Constitution. A Local Group cannot represent itself as representing the Association without approval from the Committee.
14)The Committee shall appoint Moderators to ensure the Association’s website forum is kept within the terms of the AUP.
GENERAL MEETINGS OF THE ASSOCIATION
15)At any General Meeting of the Association all Full Members of the Association shall be entitled to one vote and no more. An Honorary member shall be entitled to speak but shall not be entitled to vote or to propose or second any resolution. No person shall speak or vote on any matter in which they or their associates have a financial interest and such person shall declare their interest at the first opportunity and such declaration shall be noted in the Minutes.
16) Voting at General Meetings of the Association shall be by a show of hands or otherwise as the Chairman may direct twenty-five full members or one half of the total number of Full Members whichever is the lower shall form a quorum.
17) Unless the Honorary President of the Association shall be present at the time appointed for the holding of the meeting (in which event he shall be invited to preside) at all General Meetings the Chairman of the Association shall preside. If the Chairman of the Association is not present within five minutes after the time appointed for the holding of the Meeting the Meeting shall chose its own Chairman. The Chairman of a General Meeting shall have a second lay casting vote in case of equality of voting.
18) The proceedings of the General Meetings shall be recorded in Writing.
19) All questions arising at any meeting shall, subject to the provisions of this constitution to the contrary, be decided by a majority of those present and voting there at. The Chairman's decision as to the result of the voting on the question shall be final and an entry in the Minutes signed by the Chairman of the Meeting within fourteen days after the holding of the meeting shall be conclusive of the terms of any Resolution and of its having been passed.
20) Any member desirous of moving any Resolution at any General Meeting of the Association or (where members of the Committee are to be elected) to nominate any person for such positions shall give notice thereof to the Chairman not less that twenty one days before the date of such meeting.
21) An AGM of the Association shall be held in every year not less than 10 months or more than 14 months from the date of the previous AGM upon a date and at a time to be fixed by the Committee to transact the following business:
a)To receive from the Committee a Report, Approved Balance Sheet and statement of Account for the preceding financial year and an estimate of receipts and expenditure for the current financial year.
b)To consider and if approved sanction any duly made alteration to this constitution.
c)To elect and appoint as deemed necessary by The Committee .
d)To decide on any Resolution which may be duly submitted to the Committee meeting as herein before provided.
e)To deal with any special matters which the Committee desire to bring before members and to receive suggestions from members for consideration by the Committee.
22)The Committee may at any time, for any special purpose call an Extra-ordinary General Meeting and shall do so forthwith on the requisition in writing of any hundred Full members stating the purpose for which the Meeting is required, but so that if at any time the number of the Full Members of the Association shall be less than one hundred then the number of Full Members necessary to requisition an Extra-ordinary General Meeting shall be one fifth or more of the total number of Full members.
23)At least 28 days notice of the AGM or any Extra-Ordinary General Meeting shall be given verbally, email or by post. Fourteen days at least before the AGM or any Extra-Ordinary General Meeting an agenda/report shall be made available (if requested in writing) outlining the business to be transacted at the Meeting. No other business other than that of which the notice has been so given shall be brought forward at such meeting. The report, Balance Sheet, Statement of Account and estimates shall be made available (if requested in writing) fourteen days before the AGM,
24) No amendment (other than a motion for adjournment) shall be moved to any Resolution proposed at any Annual or Extra-Ordinary General Meeting unless written notice (hereof shall have been sent to the Chairman not less than seven days before the meeting.
25)The Committee shall have the power to issue Rules and Regulations for the management and conduct of members. Such Rules and Regulations shall be subject to review by the Committee and must not be inconsistent with the Provisions of this Constitution.
26) All monies raised by or on behalf of the Association shall be applied to further the Objects of the Association and for no other purpose.
a)The Treasurer shall at all times be prepared to supply any information necessary for the committee.
b)The Treasurer is responsible for preparing and presenting the annual budget at the AGM for approval by the Committee.
c)The Treasurer shall be responsible for managing all monies on behalf of the Association in accordance with the annual budget and as directed by the Committee.
d)Accounts shall be reviewed at least once a year by a person who shall be appointed at each AGM.
e)The Committee only are authorised to conduct the Associations Bank Accounts and the Association Bankers shall be appropriately advised. All cheques, transfers and other authorities for payment from the Association's Bank account shall bear the signature or signatures as the Mandate so requires.
27) Every member of the Association shall from time to time communicate to the Secretary of their personal address and all notices posted to such address shall be considered as having been duly given on the day following the date of posting.
28) Unless authorised by the Committee no member shall use the Association's logos or address for business purposes.
29) If there shall be any ambiguity or difference of opinion concerning the purpose or interpretation of any provision hereof or any Rule or Regulation made hereunder or of how to deal with any matter not provided for by this Constitution reference shall be made in writing to the Secretary of the Association who shall refer the matter to the Committee. The decision of the Committee shall be final and binding on all parties.
30) Neither the Association not any Committee Member shall be liable to any member or guest of a member for any loss or damage, to any property occurring whatsoever cause in or about the venue for a Meeting or for any injuries sustained by any member or guest of a member whilst on or entering the Association's venue for a Meeting.
31) Copies of the most recently amended Constitution shall be lodged within twenty eight days of the acceptance thereof with the Association's Bankers.
32) If the Committee, by a simple majority present and voting shall decide at any time that on the grounds of expense or otherwise it is necessary or advisable, to dissolve the Association it shall call a Meeting of all Full Members of the Association. Not less than twenty-one days notice of such a Meeting stating the terms of the Resolution to be proposed thereat shall be circulated to members via the Club’s website. If the decision shall be confirmed by a simple majority of those present and voting at such Meeting the Committee shall have the power to dispose of any assets remaining after satisfaction of any proper debts and liabilities.