Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

300ZX Owners Club

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I NEED YOUR HELP! Abandoned project with 745whp?!

Hey so I'll make this short. A year ago I bought a sight on scene 300zx for about 6k on ebay, the seller only had 2 sales.

WhatsApp Image 2026-08-15 at 02.55.48.jpeg

Now you're thinking "wow, nice shitbox" thank you! I know I'm so proud, but here's where it gets really confusing....

Inside the glovebox was a some papers from a place called outlaw customs ltd

WhatsApp Image 2026-08-15 at 02.55.54.jpegWhatsApp Image 2026-08-15 at 02.56.13.jpeg

Now when I first got the car I thought I'd give them a call, it rang but no answer. I tried multiple times on both numbers but no answer. I later found out the company has dissolved.

I'm essentially putting some feelers out because I have no idea who owned the car, I have an idea that a Mike built it, but no way of contacting either.

The car had been sat for around 6 years, there is a plate on the timing cover saying the engine was built in 2019 at around such and such miles and when it came into my possession the car only had a difference of around 200-300 miles. it ran perfectly fine although 6 years of old fuel in the tank and lines wasn't the best.

however I've yet to really test that mental bhp figure in fear that I'll send a piston into orbit without knowing more about if things have changed since etc.

please help me beautiful z nerds <3

Featured Replies

  • Author

I should probably mention what I’ve done so far;

Replaced the fuel system from pump to injectors, swapped the ecu to a haltech elite 2000, 120k timing belt service, power steering pump, water pump, sparks, various hoses, various gaskets, alternator, and various other little bits and bobs.

Is he that bad? Like just compression test and leak down test bad, or an engine teardown and cry myself to sleep bad?

I mean I would proceed carefully but it’s structurally sound and it has the parts it should and nothing broken yet then you’ve got a bargain that needs time, money and attention. You’re likely going to be throwing at least what you paid back into it but then you must already know this as the Haltech wasn’t cheap.

Mikey Bean didn’t get himself the best wrap but when ever I met him In real life he was a nice enough guy. I expect if you can track him down on FB or something he’ll remember the car? I take it there’s no break down of what’s on the car? A set of rebuilt turbos and an engine build won’t get you those numbers, that car would need some big turbos, injectors and an ability to breathe in and out. See if you can see the turbo rear housings markings, injector colour etc.

  • Author

Definitely accepted fate with sinking more money into it than what it’s worth but saving a 300 from the scrapyard makes it all worthwhile.

Yeh I tried to find him on Facebook but no luck, I was really hoping to talk to the guy hence this thread. I imagine with them numbers the internals are forged and I know for a fact that the turbos are precision turbo PT6266 gen 2 CEA units (good for 800) this thing is getting detuned though to 500 because 700+ is just asking for it to get married to a tree, and better overbuilt and reliable than overpowered and regrettable

If you pop the spark plugs out and pop a bore scope in there you should be able to read the stamps on the piston crowns. Stock ones are marked 30P.

Have a look around and speak to a dyno operator, explain and get the AFR recorded and they may even be able to see the map. Do you know how much boost it’s running? I assume it’s got an EBC?

  • 1 month later...

The horse power is engine rather than wheels. The business no longer exists. If you searchfaceboom for Mike Sanford, you'll find him that way

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.