1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

I'll update this thread for Andy, I think.

A good few years ago, I did various parts for him. As he's decided to revamp his interior using Alcantara, those parts simply didn't fit in with the new scheme at all. So they headed my way once again...

SAM_4073_zpsqzonwplz.jpg

SAM_4074_zpshc3yy3g3.jpg

SAM_4075_zpskvgav9jp.jpg

SAM_4076_zpsth6ggzom.jpg

SAM_4077_zpsefu2lcmc.jpg

SAM_4078_zpsotyubaww.jpg

SAM_4079_zpsah8jawis.jpg

SAM_4080_zps1baljeq6.jpg

SAM_4081_zpsrigq1lmi.jpg

Now it's all Alcantara and perforated leather, complemented by some dark grey stitching! Lurvely! :thumbup1:

Nice work there, as usual matey:thumbup:

Simon, thank you for the great bespoke service, liaising, everything really in the buying refurb process.

I resisted all temptation to go with red stitching and very nearly went with black although my initial thought was silver, a nice happy medium is the dark grey.

This now completes my interior and I cannot wait to get it back together, so watch this space :yes:.

I'm surprised Andy didn't try doing it himself like the rest of his interior.

I've only done the simple interior parts Tom, anything that requires any sort of skill or stitching i have to get a friend in, he was busy so i had to turn to Mondo :innocent:.

Is it in paint yet Andy?

Just waiting for my paint guy, he's overseeing his own property restoration atm but as soon as he's back up and running at his premises he'll get on with it.

I'm not bothered at the wait Ian - it's sorn declared all dry and cosy, it'd be off the road anyway at this time of year.

Soon have my interior back together now because yesterday i fit the gaitors to the consoles, incredibly impressed with how the holes on the gear and the holes and the slits on the handbrake one line up, makes life easier that's for sure. I've had other gaitors over the years and frankly the holes have been all over the place but with Mondos - well practically spot on and here's a pick to prove the fact.....

DSC05746.jpg

Then the plate goes on, this a brand new gear console btw, these alcantara gaitors are looking good, i'll soon be showing them the right way up :yes:.

DSC05747.jpg

Soon have my interior back together now because yesterday i fit the gaitors to the consoles, incredibly impressed with how the holes on the gear and the holes and the slits on the handbrake one line up, makes life easier that's for sure. I've had other gaitors over the years and frankly the holes have been all over the place but with Mondos - well practically spot on and here's a pick to prove the fact.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104426[/ATTACH]

Then the plate goes on, this a brand new gear console btw, these alcantara gaitors are looking good, i'll soon be showing them the right way up :yes:.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104427[/ATTACH]

I bought oem gaiters for the white zed and even they needed "persuading" to fit properly.

Not quite got all my interior back so no pics tonight, it's looking very nice however, both the handbrake handle and gear knob are fitted, should be all done tomorrow.

I spent time on this cd controller that is mentioned earlier in this thread, it doesn't do anything apart from look good and i like having it.

Today i made the buttons brighter than they were previously by getting rid of the green rubber johnny things that were buried in its pcb, much better now and in red, comes on with the sidelights, you cannot see once the armrest is down :yes:.

DSC05748.jpg

I have one of these and that picture looks good with the CD controller illuminated. I should get my ass in gear and get it fitted like yours Andy.

The bulbs are white, well that 1990's yellowy white, take the rubber johnnys off them, then get some craft red paint on the underside of each switch and it'll look like the pic Gaz.

You will need to get into the controllers wiring, so just cut some sheaths aways and find the ground, then put 12v to one of the others and you'll have light, the lcd display lights up subtly as well.

Did you clean all the rust off that? [emoji6]

I did, it takes the brunt of all the spray from underneath, come up well aint it :yawn

Here we go with those promised pics....

DSC05765.jpg

It's a pity my matching door cards are not on but you get the idea i'm sure

DSC05781.jpg

The alcantara trimmed areas on the steering wheel feel superb through the hands :yes:.

DSC05786.jpg

I must admit i totally love the gaitors, etc, you see here in this below pic and the subtly contrasting dark grey stitching.

DSC05760.jpg

The branding has also worked very well on the alcantara shift :cool:.

DSC05761.jpg

You can see on this the cigarette lighter bright white surround and some light going into the ashtray from the other bulb, took a lot of time on this getting it right....

DSC05769.jpg

No alarm led or fog light switch in the console anymore at the side of the gear knob, much cleaner looking :cool3:.

DSC05780.jpg

I have a bit of a red and blue theme going on, can't you tell :biggrin:.

Love this retrim, thank you Simon for the last few pieces, took a chance on being different with the alcantara/perforated leather together, got it spot on imo, lovely cosy cabin :thumbup:.

DSC05768.jpg

Looks good Andy and how do you think the alcantara will wear on high use areas?

No idea Gaz, Simon might be better placed to answer but when you consider this is a 1000 mile a year car if that and not a daily 12,000 per annum car then that wasn't my main concern, if at all.

Appearance was key for me and matching throughout and i wanted a dark factory looking trim because i believe this is the way forward. I do have more of the same alcantara, so it's not a big job to replace/repair if need be.

Well, I'm going to take at least 50% credit for the design of all these parts as Andy really wasn't sure about how he wanted them - his main stipulation was, and I quote, "what'll look sexiest!"

The Alcantara will wear faster than the leather, especially on a high-traffic area like the steering wheel. No matter how many high-end manufacturers use it on wheels and the like, I refuse to believe it's well suited for such an application. That said though, as this is such a low use car, it should stay looking nice for a good few years yet. :thumbup1:

And it all certainly looks much nicer than the original colour scheme I did for him a few years ago.... :wink:

• 1 month later...

My car is safely tucked up my garage and has been for 6 months, still waiting for my respray guy to get back to work - he's had the winter off from his day job, none of this concerns me one jot.

From my friend Banzai Paul i got some proper SWB spats, i have had LWB ones fitted all these years because the shorty ones are hard to come by.

They are in great condition as well, i am thinking i'll leave them stock black but we'll see, certainly initially.

The front spats are the same on both variants but the difference is in the rear, much broader on the SWB and the rise up to the swage line is less, shown below.....

DSC00003.jpg

• 2 months later...

Think it's looking like i am going to write this summer off with my car, respray i await but had things going on i've not been pressing him.

These arrived from the USA, think you can still buy the horn covers but the adjustable vent you definitely cannot, i'll post some pics in the next day or so of it fit :biggrin:.

DSC05897.jpg

That'll keep your genitals cool in this weather Andy.

Indeed it will, bit gimmicky i guess but it's a nice addition.

For ease and postage costs, i got the USA seller to remove it from the tweed trim he was selling, of course though it rendered his trim useless so i had to compensate for this but we struck a deal, with the horn covers it was £65 delivered, not particularly cheap but it all sits that bit easier with it being as you well know a NLA part.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this through Jimmer about 18 months ago, being in no rush and with one thing and another i never got it up to Lee Dents so i could travel there and have it fitted.

FunkySi was going to take it to the Coventry AGM for me but with me not going i decided i would get it couriered, so JT packed it for me and here it is safely in my garage, thank you Jimmer for looking after it so long :cool:.

A SWB Manual Transmission One Piece Driveshaft :cool3:.

DSC05921.jpg