1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

Sold both parts of my radiator shroud many years ago and they were mint, doh, cannot beat new on such a noticeable part, now on order from the land of the rising sun.....

NISSAN 21476-40P00 SHROUD-UPPER

£95.73 GBP

NISSAN 21477-40P00 SHROUD-LOWER

£61.44 GBP

FYI.....

21476-30P00 and 21477-30P00 are nla I am informed today - these though for the non turbo.

I assumed TT ones were also NLA. Something for me to order then!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sadly Bones28 (Tony) wrote his 1995 off but we liaised and he mentioned I could have his genuine keyless lock remote which he kindly remembered I was struggling to get hold of quite recently, we liaised further and ended up swapping something I had for the remote and I was only too pleased to do so.

My 1995 donor which is all kitted out, solenoid in the boot, etc, but I was missing the factory remote, I did buy a 'replacement' remote but after briefly trying I could not get this to work.

So I sat in the drivers seat and went through the programming procedure and it only works an absolute treat :yes:. Thank you Tony once more.

It locks and unlocks the doors, it releases the tailgate and it also turns on and off the cabin courtesy light.

Here it is top of the pic, you can still use another for the alarm as you'll notice in my case it's a Toad but i'll sort all that out when it is all migrated into my same series 1994.

IMG_0728.jpg

Secondly today, my donor has the late series optional extra of a digital pod but it's completely factory so the lighting on it is poor and not in keeping with a red blue theme I have going on, this I would of done at some point myself.

However, I spotted another directional one on ebay, as a bonus advertised as having a led conversion and here it is for testing purposes in the donor below, i'm going to presume Groover has had it in his hands because it is in a red and blue loveliness, so I don't need to do a thing with it :).

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just having returned from the US, I got an order delivered to my hotel from Nick at CZP, superb to deal with btw...

Here's my purchases, top left we have the Nissan sports universal horns, 65722-30P10, I have the oem covers for these as well.

Parts_1009.jpg

What prompted my order was that I wanted the RHD LH window finisher, not many of these left in the world I believe, so I bought 2 !!!

Pass Switch_1012.jpg

My Bose speaker covers were recovered a few years ago with black tights, actually worked very well !!!!

Spotted that they were available so bought a pair, 28175-30P20 and 28174-30P20.

Bose_1015.jpg

Same as the Bose covers in that I did have some vgc bonnet hinge covers but bought some more.

Hinge Covers_1014.jpg

Another brand new red ornament bought...…..

Red Ornament_1013.jpg

I've always liked the petrol filler cap with the writing on, I now own :cool:.

Gas Part No_1010.jpg

And here it is against the 'tatty' unclean old one !!

Gas_1016.jpg

Andy...If you feel the urge to offload your duplicates...I would be very interested in your 'spare' RHD LH window finisher....I had one on order for 8 weeks only to be told it was NLA :no:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "Exaggeration is the enemy of credibility"

Andy...If you feel the urge to offload your duplicates...I would be very interested in your 'spare' RHD LH window finisher....I had one on order for 8 weeks only to be told it was NLA :no:

The urge is not very strong !!

When I first talked to czp, 5th Feb 2019, Nick said they were showing 4 switch finishers in stock, of course I have two of that stock now, might be worth enquiring.

EDIT: I had to reply to czp just now, so I asked about stock levels for you, watch this space !!

EDIT 2: Another one bites the dust....all gone.

Edited by phutumsch

• 5 months later...
I drove it around the block a couple of times for old times sake, it felt lively or I drove it aggressively, one of the two, what will it be like after the upgrades :wub:.

Only too glad to give free advertising, one down and another to go...………

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118726[/ATTACH]

Where she off to Andy? Hope you are keeping well bud :)

• 1 year later...

The intention on arriving at Jimmer's was to get a glass out respray on this 94, take parts from the 95 LWB donor such as the keyless system and the digital a/c but things haven't planned out that way.

After Jim's appraisal on the 94 and with it being damaged left side front at some point before my ownership, I ended up buying this freshly imported 1995 Slicktop non turbo from Josh Lake and it is amazingly clean throughout, still unregistered with Swansea, so this is going to become a Twin Turbo.

image.thumb.png.43eadebf52d8a56944704957dcce5b1a.png

• Like 5

There is some serious dedication in this thread!

From the early stages of bling in the engine bay to the retrimming of the interior. Even managing to source the (rare) second hand parts and making them look brand new - making them look better than the actual new parts!

A definite example of a labour of love.

Looking forward to reading about the new path ahead.

On a side note, you seem to come across as an electrical wizard! 

Some of the early bling is a tad embarrassing but eh oh it's there.

I'll go through things in the order Jim has sent me pictures and/or done them, so I'm going back into last year and eventually I'll catch up. This has been purchased

Driftworks Total HICAS Eliminator Kit with Rod Ends for Nissan 300ZX Z32 90-96

DW-V-HICAS-SB03-04-M16-BRACKET-FITTINGS_1_5.jpg

Although this 95 is incredibly clean and we want it to stay this way, Jim has been underneath it, scrubbing, cleaning because he bought a Rust Buster Epoxy Kit in Silver Aluminium which is not far off a factory colour and here are some pictures after application.

Sealed 2.jpeg

Sealed 3.jpeg

Sealed 4.jpeg

Sealed 5.jpeg

Sealed 6.jpeg

Sealed 7.jpeg

Sealed 8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

• Gaz 300 changed the title to 1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

Although a sound shell is the most important part, it is no good building on sand.

I do have some sexier pictures for todays post, Akebono brakes front are rear.

Because of the size of these new brakes the 17" Work Equips are no good and have already been sold, 18" wheels are on order and will be going on this shorty.

Infinity Front 2.jpeg

Infinity Front.jpeg

Infinity Rear 3.jpeg

Infinity rear.jpeg

• Like 1

Did you have these donor shells at PowerZed last August? If you did, then I think I saw them there.

What wheel size and offset did you go for in the end? These are my ideal brakes but sadly won’t fit under my wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk