1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

I got this through Jimmer about 18 months ago, being in no rush and with one thing and another i never got it up to Lee Dents so i could travel there and have it fitted.

FunkySi was going to take it to the Coventry AGM for me but with me not going i decided i would get it couriered, so JT packed it for me and here it is safely in my garage, thank you Jimmer for looking after it so long :cool:.

A SWB Manual Transmission One Piece Driveshaft :cool3:.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107583[/ATTACH]

Both my zeds running single piece props Andy,nice addition you will tell the difference with that fitted:)

Edited by gray

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't need much if anything better than i already have for when i rebuild but a nice addition is a never fitted engine splash guard, part number 75892-40P00, now NLA i believe.

Whilst collecting it today i also got a front fog light, including the side pieces...these always come in a handy moving forward.

I still await my respray for those that wonder, no rush just like before really but i'd declare it SORN anyway over the winter when hopefully it'll get done :).

DSC05986.jpg

• 1 month later...

My initial 'build' way back involved stock internals but with Pace smic's, godspeed turbos, 600cc Jecs injectors, uprated radiator, stage 3 XTD clutch, etc, and i also fit some stainless manifolds which very soon failed/cracked.

A year or 18 months later, the engine was back out as you'll see in this thread lots of powder coated things going on and also fit were forged pistons, rods, bearings, etc and the same but different balanced this time turbos but stock manifolds were used and that is where i am today.

Although nothing wrong with what i currently have, it is part of my masterplan in 2018 to fit some quicker spooling turbos and so to go with them i took the opportunity to purchase these high flow AMS fellas and here they are.......

DSC06033.jpg

My initial 'build' way back involved stock internals but with Pace smic's, godspeed turbos, 600cc Jecs injectors, uprated radiator, stage 3 XTD clutch, etc, and i also fit some stainless manifolds which very soon failed/cracked.

A year or 18 months later, the engine was back out as you'll see in this thread lots of powder coated things going on and also fit were forged pistons, rods, bearings, etc and the same but different balanced this time turbos but stock manifolds were used and that is where i am today.

Although nothing wrong with what i currently have, it is part of my masterplan in 2018 to fit some quicker spooling turbos and so to go with them i took the opportunity to purchase these high flow AMS fellas and here they are.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109190[/ATTACH]

Very nice Mr marsh ;) what turbos you going for

Mmmmmm having Gray and Mogsy visit me a couple of weeks ago, both were 'rude' about my fan, in fact i was deeply hurt that they didn't feel the love !!!

But when you look at it you can see why, the guys meant well :cool3:.

It was done like this several years ago when i was clearly unstable......

DSC06049.jpg

Bit embarrassed to show it but i've broad shoulders, i took it off and after several coats of my favourite grey metallic here it is, another improvement in my opinion.

I sold my fan cover years back :hammer:, but with this done i can live without one for a little longer, forgive the dust - no attempt has been made to clean :yes:.

DSC06062.jpg

Mmmmmm having Gray and Mogsy visit me a couple of weeks ago, both were 'rude' about my fan...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109299[/ATTACH]

I can hardly blame them; sorry dude, that's just awful! Looks like something you'd find discarded on the Blackpool pleasure beach. :lol:

Andy that looks so much better:),I'm sorry our sarcasm hit home bud...but believe me mate it was needed.....that paint job was hideous, looks a million times better and I'm sure tom will be along soon to Agree ;)

The rest of the car looks the dogs though,can't wait until she's finished its going to be awesome.

It's a Holts Grey Metallic, i've used it quite often but when i run out a similar one is Halfords Decuma Grey which is the same as Toyota Magnetic 1G3, which is widely used on this forum for the moustaches.
I used the Halfords metallic grey (vht) as I had it lying around, just with a clear coat on top. its fairly easy to paint with.

• 3 months later...

I have never got the airbag and its cluster light working correctly in my car but i have made progress in recent weeks.

Even though the position sensor is interchangeable on both the pictured rings, its the white plug bottom left corner fyi, these clearly are different, notice the two lugs which locate on the steering wheel and the ribbons on the top one which carry horn (i had to repair hence the grey wires) and airbag wires, different set up on the lower one but still 4 wires coming through to the steering wheel.

Furthermore the multi plugs that connect under the steering column are also different, both though are 4 wires again.

The lower slip ring you see pictured is a perfect replacement i recently bought and one identical was on the car when i bought it, the previous owner had cut off its two lugs flush and also the four wire connector, coming out at 3 o clock had been severed in order to get an aftermarket steering wheel to fit/work, his only remit was to make the horn work.

I haven't totally got to the bottom off this yet because i now need the exact steering wheel which marries with the 6 and 9 clock position lugs and its airbag - it seems there are some different SRS set ups, the search continues.......

DSC06158.jpg

I don't want to go on, someone though might shed some light but this below is the plug that needs connecting to the correct airbag, steering wheel set up, the two wires that are bridged i think are the airbag but why are they bridged ? Should i have a different connector plug ? From the factory did a model use this set up, squib, etc, but without an airbag wheel on a later model ?

The darker brown with silver wire goes nowhere and the final one is a ground connector for the horn which works perfectly.

I have put a srs testing tool for the two 'bridged' wires and for added good measure i have tried different resistors but my cluster airbag light does not go off - indicating a fault.

DSC06164.jpg

Andy, this is the RS section from the U.S. '96 FSM. Includes schematic, wiring diagram and diagnostic procedures

for Air Bag system:

[ATTACH]110707[/ATTACH]

You're a star Andrew, what are you.......a star.

I never thought to read up on it but i'll look that through next i have chance, so for the time being i thank you kind sir :cool3:.

Until now, having read up, i've never realized i don't have a single srs crash sensor !! Where are they i am asking myself, i cannot even find a yellow plug or any wiring and i have the front bumper off and both wings, so I must have open circuits galore !! No wonder i cannot get cluster airbag light to turn off.

So, until i find a same series breaker for reference and buy it complete, i'll just put this to bed for now and remove the cluster bulb when i put back on the road, it's not the end of the world.

EDIT: It seems I do have crash sensors and and a fully working SRS system, please see the updates in and around post 384, thank you.

Edited by phutumsch
Critical Update !!

• 4 weeks later...

I am still using the same simple Pioneer head unit from when i purchased the car in 2009, although it works a treat still, it is prehistoric in technology terms to say the least, so when i'm back up and running this year i'll fit this bundle of goodies......

DSC06231.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For 18 months now all these parts plus more not in the picture have been in my lounge, in and around the marble dining table you see just in at the patio doors, front and rear bumpers are still inside you may notice.

Although the lounge we do not use, i owe it to the understanding wife to do something about this, been long enough looking untidy, so with the improving weather and also my respray happening soon, i have decided to move it all and sort as i go and now it all lives in an alarmed log cabin i have, i can pick off things as i rebuild out of here without any pressure or feeling bad using part of the house for storage :).

DSC06250.jpg

DSC06251.jpg

Edited by phutumsch
picture added

For 18 months now all these parts plus more not in the picture have been in my lounge, in and around the marble dining table you see just in at the patio doors, front and rear bumpers are still inside you may notice.

Although the lounge we do not use, i owe it to the understanding wife to do something about this, been long enough looking untidy, so with the improving weather and also my respray happening soon, i have decided to move it all and sort as i go and now it all lives in an alarmed log cabin i have, i can pick off things as i rebuild out of here without any pressure or feeling bad using part of the house for storage :).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111585[/ATTACH]

I know the feeling Pal:thumbup: