1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

Gutted for you, that looks atrocious. I sincerely hope you're not using the same guy to repaint it? I can paint better than that, a lot better. Make sure you either get new window trims as they'll have paint all over them.....thinners can get some off, but they can also wreck the plastics/rubbers.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to get a red nose panel badge in time from Z1.

Had the car up on a ramp today and saw the imperfections in the paint in all their glory, look at the pic below....where do i start !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102209[/ATTACH]

Onto why i was there, professional adjustment of my ride height, pre load check and then digital alignment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102210[/ATTACH]

Lotus expert this guy as the next pic proves called Phoenix Motorsport, he had about 5 in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102211[/ATTACH]

My car now set up perfectly, well worth the couple of hours, pleasant experience and at a reasonable charge :cool3:.

hi where did you get the set up done

Hey Si, are you needing one quickly??? If you've one on order and you're needing one quickly, I'll whack mine in the post to you today and you can send me your one when it arrives??

Let me know matey:thumbup1:

Gutted for you, that looks atrocious. I sincerely hope you're not using the same guy to repaint it? I can paint better than that, a lot better. Make sure you either get new window trims as they'll have paint all over them.....thinners can get some off, but they can also wreck the plastics/rubbers.

Same guy ? Good heavens no Simon, think anyone, able bodied or not could of done better, correct it is atrocious.

Thank you for efforts over the badge - not in any rush now it seems, i'll order one from Japan though.

You'll have to let me know where you'll be storing your glass..... :whistling:

I will don't worry !! I had a go at polishing out my scratches a while back, successful to a certain extent, i'm just left with some distortion.

Therefore or however, i shall remove the glass, my paint guy as promised to give them a good going over, i told him they were blue and very very rare !!

Strange, he replied 'do people still have THAT bronze glass fitted' ? I said 'haha', on then getting up off the floor i said back 'believe it or not they do' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has painted over the black rubber seal around the door handle's so you might need to replace them Andy. It looks bad when its all painted over mate.

It looks tatty and lazy work doesn't it, don't worry Gary my friend i have about 2 more pairs of handles so i will choose out all the best pieces when i put back together.

Hi Andy, was talking to Si (Funky), if you need the red nose badge for your respray, you can have my one as long as you can give me one back at a later date:thumbup1: I won't be needing mine till next year mate:thumbup1:

Incredibly kind but i'm in no rush either, bound to be in the new year when i'll be popping one on but many thanks for thinking about me :winkiss:.

Lets move on from my respray catastrophe, did my door cards a while back and fit them today, in a quick fashion because they'll be coming off again in a couple of weeks.

Not done too bad on them, i'm not helped with the vinyl being cut by a previous owner but they're a great improvement on the light grey faux leather i had and give a more factory look, plenty more to do but you can see here the bit under the steering wheel is done also.

DSC05288.jpg

Charcoal alcantara is what i'm using, i will say it's a labour of love and those that are using Simon for their interiors, well money well spent i'd say because it's fiddly time consuming work.

DSC05292.jpg

Guest dan300zx
Lets move on from my respray catastrophe, did my door cards a while back and fit them today, in a quick fashion because they'll be coming off again in a couple of weeks.

Not done too bad on them, i'm not helped with the vinyl being cut by a previous owner but they're a great improvement on the light grey faux leather i had and give a more factory look, plenty more to do but you can see here the bit under the steering wheel is done also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102259[/ATTACH]

Charcoal alcantara is what i'm using, i will say it's a labour of love and those that are using Simon for their interiors, well money well spent i'd say because it's fiddly time consuming work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102260[/ATTACH]

looks very much the same shade am mine now

IMG_6850.jpg

Spent more time on my interior in the last couple of days, took me an eternity cleaning down the sections removing the glue residue, all in the prep i guess anyhow a pic of my efforts.

DSC05294.jpg

Then it was a case of mapping out the old pieces onto my last bit of alcantara, i'm going to buy another 1m piece and keep it for future projects/amendments, etc.

DSC05296.jpg

I am just holding back for a day or so on covering the SWB 'T' section behind the seats and the glovebox, it's very possible i'll get much much better ones for covering from a local breaker.

Basically it's fold out with your hand making sure the fabric cut contours full coverage of the interior section and then slap on some time bond glue, the underside takes me the longest, trimming back, putting cuts in and i stick down with hot glue.

DSC05297.jpg

And for now one more pic, happy how these are turning out, they aren't far off perfect :cool3:.

DSC05299.jpg

It is now official i am upgrading my series 4 into a series 1, look at the below pic where you notice this bit of ducting which connects to the one that runs across and for the feet, well that piece on my series 4 is just a capped off stub, i have non of this but not anymore.

DSC05305.jpg

Another series change, this 'thing', i presume is some sort of soft close for the glove box, on my series 4 car it's not there, the bracket on the frame is there but either it's been removed or i never had it from the factory i don't know but i have it now.

DSC05306.jpg

I foolishly cut round these bolt holes when i retrimmed, not to worry they're only visible when you open the glove box, i've tried to mend but what i am showing here is the caps or bolt covers, i've never had them before now but they were on my favourite not messed with breaker, so it must be a factory thing.

DSC05307.jpg

Look at this pic, my must of been messed with by a previous owner 'T' section and the one i am going to cover on the right from a series 1 - it is short of nothing :biggrin:.

DSC05308.jpg

Covered my glove box in the alcantara, this is it's rear, all nice and tidy, these are quite easy to do with really just the four corners to pull round.

DSC05309.jpg

Enjoyed doing this, still time consuming but i've got it pretty much spot on, sure there's a tiny bit of puckering but it aint bad for a novice !!

Get this fit tomorrow and then i photo with it all complete up front.

DSC05311.jpg

Look at this pic, my must of been messed with by a previous owner 'T' section and the one i am going to cover on the right from a series 1 - it is short of nothing [emoji3].

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102357[/ATTACH]

Covered my glove box in the alcantara, this is it's rear, all nice and tidy, these are quite easy to do with really just the four corners to pull round.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102358[/ATTACH]

Enjoyed doing this, still time consuming but i've got it pretty much spot on, sure there's a tiny bit of puckering but it aint bad for a novice !!

Get this fit tomorrow and then i photo with it all complete up front.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102359[/ATTACH]

I had the same thing with my T section being hacked up, the armrest wouldn't open. I guess the lwb and swb armrests hinge differently?

Took delivery of my front ornament today from Japan, amazed there was no duty to pay but i'm not complaining - trial fit below, now put away until after the respray :biggrin:.

DSC05318.jpg

Then spent some more hours on my interior, did this.................'let me tell you baby i'm a talented boy' :yes:.

DSC05320.jpg

One thing i was waiting for was the fitting of my glove box, so having done that today i took some pics, this alcantara is nice stuff.....one cannot help but keep rubbing the pile.

DSC05312.jpg

The gear stick and the handbrake handle cannot stay with the grey in them, at some point these will be sorted but for now at least i'll just have to live with them :cool3:.

DSC05315.jpg

One thing i was waiting for was the fitting of my glove box, so having done that today i took some pics, this alcantara is nice stuff.....one cannot help but keep rubbing the pile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102363[/ATTACH]

The gear stick and the handbrake handle cannot stay with the grey in them, at some point these will be sorted but for now at least i'll just have to live with them :cool3:.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102364[/ATTACH]

Looking very nice matey

Finally i have retrimmed everything for a SWB, think it's something like 13 panels, very time consuming but i will say i've enjoyed it, might get these final 3 bits fit behind the seats tomorrow :yes:.

DSC05324.jpg

My SRS steering wheel quarter to 3 areas were done in a nappa grey leather, this no longer goes with the charcoal alcantara colour scheme - so i've dyed them black, the stitching is a give away for what i've done but i can live with that :biggrin:.

This will mean that the grey in my knob and handbrake handle will be getting the same treatment very very soon with of course some pics, oh it's coming together very nicely indeed ;).

DSC05329.jpg

My new revamped interior is now done, final bits today was to fit the gear knob and then a damn good vaccing out, hope you like.

I don't just stick these back in with any old screws/bolts, must be the factory ones, you can see i have used the caps, there's is one at the seat belt side as well, so 3 behind each seat, took me a while lining these up if i'm totally honest but they had to be right.

DSC05331.jpg

Quite pleased with myself with regard to this retrimming, you might say it's a bit boring but my goal was to give it a stock look and i think it's achieved, not sure i'm liking the pedal covers now though - especially in this pic!!

DSC05336.jpg

My gaitors and the console armrest were all previously done in a light grey, i bought these 3 red stitching pieces on ebay, they weren't so much and fit very well, i couldn't wait for Mondo to do them - he's a busy boy !!

DSC05340.jpg

Much much tidier at the back now without my dated amp build on the 'parcel shelf' and the speakers crudely cut into the 1/4 window panels :no:.

DSC05337.jpg