1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

That rear quarter pic looks like it hasn't been lacquered ?? It's like it's been done in a satin finish??

I think the term is 'not gone on right' - whatever that means, environment i guess.

I hate reading these horror stories, I hope you get it sorted buddy.

Weds now my saviour is coming round to appraise this :scared:.

Unbelievable mate, i feel your pain, but the guy should have really done a better job than that, it was looking great in some of the earlier photos.

Yes it all started very well but when i first saw it after the lacquer i started to fear but with correction methods and some work i thought it'd be ok :sad:.

i wonder if its been done on the cheap and the guy has rushed it due to not pricing it up for a proper job like 1500 for a fast over spray kind of thing ?

That isn't the case at all, more the reason i am terribly disappointed.

well within your rights to demand an improvement on that.

I don't honestly think he's capable, you live and learn.

Another bug bear is the ripple where the bumper meets the wing which you can see here, anyhow this is my kerb light, dipped hid light and halo are on in this pic, had this before so just tested and working perfectly :cool3:.

DSC05248.jpg

Those wing to bumper mount nuts have been done up too tight and before the bumper was seated properly. I'd back them off now and let the urethane relax before it deforms.

They've never been perfect Joel, i did the bolts up, yes tight for nice fitment but the ripples were already there, i'll get it sorted for sure when it goes in yet again !!

Spent Monday on my stance, attending to all four, some up some down and i'm very happy. Been out for a tootle around the many humps round my parts and where it caught before there was no sign of it this time.

DSC05254.jpg

Going to work with a Lotus Motorsport guy on Thursday afternoon, hook it up to some alignment, set up machinery. I've got it aesthetically right imo but if he wants to drop ever so slightly i'd be comfortable with that but this i doubt will be necessary.

DSC05255.jpg

This last pic is only really here because it looks good :biggrin:, amazing what a bit of tyre dressing can do and very briefly over with the metal polish :yes:.

My silver spats are yet to go on, he didn't do a bad job on them to be fair, without these or mud flaps from the rear i just think it just doesn't look right.

DSC05261.jpg

The wheels look really good Andy :thumbup1: Your Z is just so much better all round.

Thank you, yes no home made 300ZX light up things in the quarter windows any more :yes:.

Looking forward to speaking to my bodyshop guy tomorrow afternoon, soon put things right.

That's looking very tasty! I'd say your suspension guy would be more interested in the preloads and corner weighting at the desired ride height.

Personally, I prefer it without the spats or just with the slim line mudflaps as I love the minimalist styling in those pics. It'll still look great either way though.

Is this darkspot by the door the paint?

Not sure what that is Alic, spooky only appears under the lens, could just be dirt, there is a tiny spot however under the flap and that is a fault.

That's looking very tasty! I'd say your suspension guy would be more interested in the preloads and corner weighting at the desired ride height.

Personally, I prefer it without the spats or just with the slim line mudflaps as I love the minimalist styling in those pics. It'll still look great either way though.

I had no pre load at all on one front corner up to 3 weeks ago, don't know how that come about and how long i've been driving with it like that !!

So rather than factory set pre loads i have guessed, you are correct weighing/pre load is what i require from him and further alignment, not really ride height.

Might just go with the rear spats first and then look again, certainly needs something on the rear.

My car as been appraised and the news is.....................needs totally re doing, no surprise there !! Lets not dwell, need to move forward is the attitude.

So i am now going to strip initially here on my drive and in my garage, much much more than before, he's talking doors off, wings off, spraying the shell and so on.

I had none of this before, my bad i know, with a view to him having it in about a months time.

So that just leaves me to just furnish this post with a pic (sorry, must sort my lens as i do have a shadow on all my pics), i know it kinda looks ok in distance pics that i have posted but let me assure the reader it is not, neil neil orange peel :(.

DSC05263.jpg

Have you got someone different to do it?

For sure not going back to the first guy, the saviour now i'm using i've used many many times before, he has never let me down and his thorough, will not do half a job, we had a good chat this afternoon, don't ask why i didn't go with him in the first place because i don't know the answer !!

:oops::hang::blush::stupid::headvswal

For sure not going back to the first guy, the saviour now i'm using i've used many many times before, he has never let me down and his thorough, will not do half a job, we had a good chat this afternoon, don't ask why i didn't go with him in the first place because i don't know the answer !!

:oops::hang::blush::stupid::headvswal

Any not a penny back from the previous painter? The expense must be close to buying a new Z :shock:

Had the car up on a ramp today and saw the imperfections in the paint in all their glory, look at the pic below....where do i start !!

DSC05269.jpg

Onto why i was there, professional adjustment of my ride height, pre load check and then digital alignment.

DSC05279.jpg

Lotus expert this guy as the next pic proves called Phoenix Motorsport, he had about 5 in.

DSC05280.jpg

My car now set up perfectly, well worth the couple of hours, pleasant experience and at a reasonable charge :cool3:.

Didn't you remove the door handles for painting, mate...?

I took off all pretty much by myself, the bumpers, front lights, rear lights, door cards, door mirrors, spats, rear markers, wing indicators, etc.

I ran out of time and remember i told him the door handles were only held on with 2 nuts and one was behind a blank for access, sadly he never bothered.

Did he have a spray booth???

He did, thinking back i should of run a mile, it's hard to believe such an incompetent job has been done, what hurts more is i let it happen.

It'll be put right, mainly due to the fact i cannot live with it like this, going back to Mondo's point, i will remove the handles this time and then the key barrel, lesson learnt and i will be going the extra mile now in every aspect.