Everything posted by Phil D
-
Leather Interior Refreshed
-
Leather Interior Refreshed
-
NEC 2026 - your club needs you!!
Me three! No need for accommodation as I'll be staying with friends locally. Phil
-
NEC 2026 - your club needs you!!
I have a family birthday that Sunday but I will probably be in the area. Happy to man the stand Friday/Saturday and bring the Z if you need a shabby example! Like car, like owner! 😄
-
300ZX TT
Hi Ollie, Phil here! Great to meet you and your Z! Hope you had a good time at Simply and welcome to the Club! Good to have another Series 4 onboard! Phil PS - exhaust offer is still available if you want it!
-
Simply Japanese at Beaulieu 19th July 2026
Hi Rich, Do we have times and locations yet? I fear it is just the two of us? Phil
-
Mongoose Exhaust Dimensions
-
Altia Door Sills
@JaiKai - are they really that rare? I have a set I was going to remove and replace with stock. Not a great photo, but are they the same?
-
Chiltern Hills Vehicle Rally 17th May 2026
Morning all! Any updates on times and meeting details? Less than a week to go!
-
Club Store Ideas
Love this! Speaks volumes about a classic car owner!
-
Nice......
Forgive my ignroance but ... it has an Airbag steering wheel and is a 1992 model. Was that a LHD only thing?
-
UK Importers Advice
I looked at that exact car, I think! Couldn't convince the Mrs about the colour! This world really is that big...!
-
Chiltern Hills Vehicle Rally 17th May 2026
Tickets booked!
-
Simply Japanese at Beaulieu 19th July 2026
Well, Dog friendly or not, we are booked in! Looking forward to seeing you all as it has been some time since I went on a Club event - 2003 was the last time, IIRC.
-
Simply Japanese at Beaulieu 19th July 2026
Put me down for two...is the event Dog friendly? Asking for a friend...
-
Lighting Issues...
Evening Punters, As predicted by my Wife, my simple DIY attempts have resulted in a roadblock. In summary: With my rear courtesy light failing to work, I removed the cover and the bulb fell out. "Result! This will be an easy fix..." (italics for the internal monologue) With much confidence, I reinsterted the light (which looked LED-ish and NOT halogen) and SPARK! CRACKLE! (dropped the bulb rather hastily). As you can probably guess, since this attempt resulted is my understanding that these bulbs have polarity, my front courtesy lights and stereo now refuse to work (although the power aerial still does). Given my limited electrical understanding, what is the most likely outcome here: Blown fuse in fusebox (it is not the stereo, as I have checked the 10A fuse in there and it looks fine e.g. no breaks) Blown bulbs in ALL couretsy lights. Give up, take car to auto electrician and heed Wife's advice at ALL times. Also, am I to expect central locking as standard on a 95 TT? If so, that is another electrical gremlin to chase...
-
Slow Seatbelt Return
Given the impending dark evenings, I started the process of sorting out my "slow returning" seatbelts. After being advised that Sillicone spray would solve my problem, I had a good look at the belt and belt area to see how I would be able to spray the belt itself. Here is a picture of what I found... I guess that answers why my return is so slow...same setup on the passenger side too. I am thinking this is "not normal" and I need to remove the panel to make sure the seatbelt sits "outside" the trim...? If so, any special tool need to remove the trim or is it just matter of removing the screw(s) that hold the trim in place? Answers on a postcard! Thanks, Phil
-
NEC 2025 update
Here's hoping I can join you on the stand next year! Cars are looking superb, as ever.
-
Speedo Cluster for 1995 TT
@JaiKai - when you say "mine" do you mean yours to keep, or might it be for sale (from the rolling shell) ?!?!?
-
Speedo Cluster for 1995 TT
Here is the dash with lights on and lights off I will take a picture of the back of the clocks when the Mrs is "out". If she sees me heading into the Garage with a screwdriver, I will need a trip to A&E to remove it...
-
Speedo Cluster for 1995 TT
It was not may "handiwork", this is how it came to me!
-
Speedo Cluster for 1995 TT
Nick, noting wrong with the clocks except ... an aftermarket speedo dial has been stuck on and the lighting it all wrong. The speedo does nto show up in the dark...pictures to follow! If the clocks don't need changing, then I won't! Still in the "advice" phase of ownership!
-
Japspeed Exhaust
Greetings! Just removed the following from my 95 TT Auto as it was "louder" than stock and I am trying to keep as OEM/Stock as possible. It is in good condition and I can vouch for the "enhanced" noise it makes, as can a number of drivers on the M25 and M4! Open to sensible offers around the £250 mark (plus carriage). If you wish to collect, I am based in Kent. I will also throw in the "gorgeous" carbon-fibre effect slam panel if you make a charitable donation to the Dogs Trust! TT4N, Phil
-
1995 TT OEM+
It's home! Picked up from Jimmer yesterday - despite the 3 hour journey home and a faulty Speedo convertor, it's now garaged up. Will post some pictures after my daily chores! Can now start the small jobs such as new Speedo, new kick plates, bodywork, new stereo and new wheels! Winter is coming...😏
-
Speedo Cluster for 1995 TT
Morning, Punters! Looking for a Speedo Cluster for my 95 TT. Current one is fine but has a DIY hack to convert it to MPH (stick on speedo dial which doesn't light up properly). I know @JaiKai was offloading his rolling shell but not sure if he kept the clocks! Thanks, Phil