What did you do to your zed today?

I got caught in the rain....:classic_blush:

It was nice and sunny this morning - not cold, so no nasty salt on the road; plus it has rained heavily the previous couple of days, so hopefully it had all been washed away. Hence I decided to take the Zed out for a little drive. My phone told me there was about 3% chance of rain...… But when I came out of Sainsburys an hour or so later, it was pissing down:classic_ohmy:

Nice and sunny when I got home though, so I might have to wash the Zed tomorrow....:classic_wink:

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 1 month later...

After 11 years, Another one is back on the road! Passed its MOT with flying colours, although brake pipes around the fuel tank area were an advisory, along with discs and pads and noisy exhaust(!)

IMG_20200117_164902.jpg

IMG_20200117_164914.jpg

• Like 6

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

I haven't done anything to mine, since giving it a nice clean and popping it under its cover in the garage, just before Christmas....

However inspired by Gio and some advice from AndrewG on his thread, I have just received these in the post:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-CS-J620X-6-5-16cm-2-Way-600-Watts-Car-Van-Door-Coaxial-Speakers-Pair/171420040661?hash=item27e96e3dd5:g:j2YAAOSwnDZT6-py

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Regin-Single-Sided-Foam-Sealing-Tape-12mm-X-12mm-REGJ60/360392257558?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The speakers are indeed the correct 16cm (6.25 inch) diameter to bolt straight in - most "so-called" 16cm speakers are actually 6.5 inch and would require adaptions to the pods to fit. Hopefully they will be better than the Fusions, I installed a few years ago - if not, watch the "for sale" sections :classic_wink:

I was planning on taking the Zed out this weekend, but with the heavy frost and low temperatures yesterday and today, the roads here will have been salted..... And I have learned my lesson:classic_blush:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Nothing to the zed per se. But I did receive my newly purchased dehumidifier for the garage ? 

A little winter pampering of sorts. 

Has another benefit of not only removing the moisture from the air but warming the garage up too! Win win. 

• Like 4

Not done anything to the Zed apart from start her up the other day, she's now back hiding under cover.

Though I have been collecting goodies for a sunny day (Replacement sump is in the garage, treated and painted in high temp paint)

20200124_185818.jpg

• Like 4

I renewed my Zed's road tax this morning.....

…….And yesterday, as it was dry and much warmer - so no salt on the roads, I succumbed to temptation and took the Zed out of the garage for a little run. It's been nearly five weeks since I last took it out, so I was missing it. The engine fired up straight away and immediately settled to its usual smooth burble - and it felt good to be out on the road. The only negative....? The brakes seemed a little spongey - they still scrubbed off the speed nicely (LOL), but I reckon they could benefit from a bleed. I shall pop it down to my local garage sometime.  

• Like 2

I took mine out saturday for a trip to a friends house with the wife to celebrate Chinese new year. I miss driving them, roll on summer!

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

I renewed my Zed's road tax this morning.....
…….And yesterday, as it was dry and much warmer - so no salt on the roads, I succumbed to temptation and took the Zed out of the garage for a little run. It's been nearly five weeks since I last took it out, so I was missing it. The engine fired up straight away and immediately settled to its usual smooth burble - and it felt good to be out on the road. The only negative....? The brakes seemed a little spongey - they still scrubbed off the speed nicely (LOL), but I reckon they could benefit from a bleed. I shall pop it down to my local garage sometime.  

Do you have a master cylinder brace and decent hoses to the calipers?

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:07, Joely P said:

Do you have a master cylinder brace and decent hoses to the calipers?

No MCB - I did buy one from CZP, but forgot it would be for a LHD car.... The hoses appear fine - and the brakes weren't spongey last time I drove the car - but they are probably the original 26 year old ones, so might be worth a change soon.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 22:35, Maduri said:

Ams motorsport to a decent brace for RHD models, it's where I got mine.

Thank you for the tip - I shall follow that up for sure.....:classic_cool:

1 hour ago, GRAMPADRIFTER said:

Dropped the zed off to Powerzed Wednesday for a service and a few other bits. 
Graphics are now removed and my reg plate is now officially changed

Sounds like you have move away from the dark side mate ? Hope all is well Geordie you have been laying low for a while.

• Haha 1