• renault
    • tvr
    • volkswagon
    • vauxhall
    • nissan[300zx or other]
    • volvo
    • landrover
    • other

off the list which cars have you owned? and to which would you say has been the worst car you have owned for allround reliability!

state other and explain if there not on the list :D

looking on forums alfa's seem to have a bad reputation for reliabilty in most areas, i did like them until i looked on the forums :rofl:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two Citroens. A ZX 16v (very rare and pretty quick), that was forever having electric faults with it. I also bought a cheapo bogie BX. As ungainly as Margaret Thatcher, but a pleasant enough drive. The fuel pump started leaking on that and I couldn't shift the thing because if its silly suspension. Then a few months later, a water pipe burst and the headgasket went. Paid sod all for it, so couldn't complain.

My Z, although has been a bit of a *******, as actually never failed me other than needing a new battery. Always started fine, never let me down.

vw polo y reg bag of poo ... i worked on the engine weekly and the final straw was when i replaced the fuel pump went down the road and it gouged a groove into the camshaft lobe. i ended up having to try and file it out get a new pump and sell the damn thing. never ever buy a vw polo ever again fact!!!

anything you have been in a 100 yard's of .... :slap: :p :rofl:

yep i blew a piston through the block on my saab 93 turbo, tried screwing saab for the poor sump design, but they wern't going to do fookall :cry:

and i blew my vauxhall astra mk3 up :rofl:

1987 xjs 6.0litre tom walkinshaw racing model,paid £15,000 for it in 1990 and by 92 spent around £10,000 keeping it on the road :confused: iff you think a zeds expensive to run and maintain then buy one of those puppys and you,ll be begging at your bank manages desk like a tramp at sayers

Guest Captain Slow

TVR for unreliability, no question, although I have not owned one, but my friends dad did, and its broken...all the time.

Ford is my personal choice tho.

i had a vauxhall calibre, this was always loosing power then dying.. got rid in the end as took it to 3 garages and no one couldfind out what as wrong... later found it could have been a dodgy crank angle sensor, also a core plug went and cost me £400. to fix, decided that i'd better cut my losses, really liked tha car as well :cry:

but upgraded to a zed so... :nana2:

best things come to thoughs who wait

Volvo 440 - First date with a girl I used to work with and within 3 mins the damn things gearbox blew up leaving me stuck in 3rd! Didnt spoil the date just drove around in 3rd all day!

You know why that is don't you. Renault engines and gearboxs in those. The carbs used to freeze up in those all the time. Shite.

You know why that is don't you. Renault engines and gearboxs in those. The carbs used to freeze up in those all the time. Shite.

I later found this out mate and have never touched renaults either :) Funny how the only trouble with the 440 was starting it and expensive gearbox bills eh!

I worked for volvo for 10 Years !

MAin problem for 440 1.7 model was carb was shite and clutch cable used to be routed incorrectly and used to pull through Bulkhead.

Carb had a shaft running through it with the butterfly attached, the carb yoused to slop around like a pri*k in a bucket causing air to enter the carb giving massive running and idle issues.

The EFI model used to suffer with ECU failure, Irratic idle.

They carried out 5 recalls in the first year on 440 & 460's to cure these niggles.

What a nightmare !

Yet again the Public do the testing of a new product, as the manufacturer greedily gets the product into the retailer as quick as possible without proper testing !!

Corporate greed is to blame.

As for the renult engine there not all bad ! They used it in the Volvo 260 & 760 V6 models, Which is the same as fitted to Maserati Merak SS

Have to say Ford.

I bought a 6 month old Scorpio back in 1993. In the 3 months I owned it, it was always going back to Ford for something or other - that's when it would go in the first place.

A friend was thinking about buying one a few years later - in her case it was an L reg, about 2-3 years old. I told her not to bother as I thought they were shite. Needless to say, she ignored me, bought one and that too spent most of its time being repaired!

Richard :slap:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: