Scottish independence and The United Kingdom

Personally I will glad when it is done and dusted

Sick of the continued attempt of propaganda mostly from a small part yes camp trying to bully people into voting yes but I suppose it is always the same when the more volatile amongst us try and get their own way

I know I may be stupid but when I see an alleged Scotsman allegedly stetting fire to the union flag it upsets me a bit, i know it could have been propaganda from the No camp but it annoys me that either side could resort to the same sort of actions that 99% of the UK population find so despicable when it is done by other revolutionaries in certain parts of the world

If the alleged action is supported and applauded by the majority of the Scottish population please vote yes as I personally would despise them and would not want them as part of the UK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a high amount of the Scottish population truly want to be separate from England, if the poll ends up with a NO vote can English do a vote whether or not we want to keep Scotland as part of England knowing they are so ungrateful for all that England does/had done for them?

So if a high amount of the Scottish population truly want to be separate from England, if the poll ends up with a NO vote can English do a vote whether or not we want to keep Scotland as part of England knowing they are so ungrateful for all that England does/had done for them?

Good thought !

Get rid of scotland...? Why do you think that our elected UK Leaders are bending over backwards in a panic attempt to convince the "ungrateful" Scots to vote NO? Why aren't they on TV telling the "ungrateful" Scots to go, leave the union and next time another country does so much for them, maybe the "ungrateful" Scots will be more thankful?

.......or are our elected leaders worried that if Scoland leaves the union the UK will be worseoff?

Why do no supporters suddenly have such hate for everyday people who want to say yes.

What happened today with Andy Murray just sickened me and public abuse and threats should be dealt with

from both sides if its a yes or no.

Scotland want independence because its our believe that we are being mis-managed by west minsters greedy fat cats.

Why should we feel grateful if our say has no effect and is ignored.

Were suppose to be a United Kingdom and stand together as a nation but we are getting ripped apart

because we are getting used and abused.

Only now at the final hours are the Scottish people being offered some resolve but it comes

at a time where it now clearly looks and feels like a empty and last attempt to hold onto our leash.

Which either way the vote goes I will accept and say no more as it was the people who made the decision.

My vote was placed a week ago by postal and my views haven't changed since I done it.

I've no idea what the press is like down south but up north the BBC have been very biased and refused to

show the true supporters of Scotland simply because again the fat cats of Westminster are in control.

In most cases I keep my opinions to myself and I've read but stayed off posting until now as I didn't want

to start a any sort of arguments over yes or no and why were doing it.

End of rant.

Your perfectly entitled to your rant mate. What you must remember is dickheads love stuff like this as it's a lovely excuse to do horrible things. It is Infact the very basis of democracy that it's even an option, for that alone I do actually apaulde the governent.

The BBC are always biast, they are on the payroll after all.

What I just can't fathom is how anyone can believe that getting rid of the fat cats in Westminster will achieve anything other than fat cats in Edingbrough, potentially some of them will be same people. Same shit different day, springs to mind. Leaving the UK won't make life fairer, anyone who sells you that is a politician, aka a liar. I hope if it goes ahead things work out because maybe the British governent will learn something, but probably not.

There is no doubt that the UK will be worse off, the question is whether an independant Scotland will be even more worse off.

Who knows? I'm fairly sure that if Scotland goes independent and it all works out better in the longer term, there might be a fair bit of pain in the short term

There are going to be arseholes on both sides of the referendum. Regardless of the results I think this should be used as an opportunity to change things in the UK. It's about time the whole of the UK had a fair deal. Maybe for example; Parliament should be moved to somewhere in the center of Britain and away from London. Another is change the status of the countries that make up the UK to Regions. The UK would be called Britain and England, Scotland Wales and N.I would be no longer be Countries in there own right but regions of Britain.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head and there are probably lots of problems with them. I do feel that we would all be much better pulling together then splitting up though.

OK, rephrase what you just said from our perspective and see how it sounds !

"The UK would be called Britain and Scotland, England Wales and N.I would be no longer be Countries in there own right but regions of Britain"

So just strip all other countries away and leave England, eh ?

Don't think you thought that one through, buddy, lol

The UK would be called Britain and England, Scotland Wales and N.I would be no longer be Countries in there own right but regions of Britain.

OK, rephrase what you just said from our perspective and see how it sounds !

"The UK would be called Britain and Scotland, England Wales and N.I would be no longer be Countries in there own right but regions of Britain"

So just strip all other countries away and leave England, eh ?

Don't think you thought that one through, buddy, lol

Just a mistake in my grammar mate Should have put "The UK would be called Britain. England, Scotland, Wales and N.I would be no longer be Countries in there own right but regions of Britain.

I know it's silly but I view Britain as like a sub continent. I can trace my roots back quite quickly to Scotland's west coast admittedly it goes a bit wobbly as like many children if that time my grandfather was uprooted and sent to a foster family and learnt to speak English at 11,his sister is still alive and teaches Gaelic, and England's south coast, that ones highly traceable For those that know my surname my families history is pretty obvious and features in the doomsday and to really drop a hint was pretty important back in 1066. So I guess that makes me pretty proud to British overal.

thought we all lived on a tiny little island together to be honest, i dont give a flying fook if you's want to call yourselfs independant country or stay as we are now as long as it dont affect me, but from some comments ive read on various sites i do believe that some of the yes voters are hiding behind reasons like 'we dont like your government, we want the oil for ourselfs, we dont want the bedroom tax and so forth when the real reason is they simply dont like being called part of the united kingdom, they dont want to be associated with britain-england (whatever you want to call it)

not saying all the yes voters are the same and i really hope you's have had an open mind when viewing all the options whilst considering your vote and not voting yes or no for the wrong reasons, i do wish everyone (both sides of the border) the best of luck in the future and will respect the decision of the vote either way

good luck yes or no