Quiet around these parts

Guest dan300zx

the search function on this site need sorting. as for what oil do I use well if the guy is asking its not silly atall that's what this place is for am sure when you got your z you was asking what oil do you use and the stuff like that. just cus you now now and some one else is asking it now a bit of a joke. that's very arrogant indeed in my book.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the search function on this site need sorting. as for what oil do I use well if the guy is asking its not silly atall that's what this place is for am sure when you got your z you was asking what oil do you use and the stuff like that. just cus you now now and some one else is asking it now a bit of a joke. that's very arrogant indeed in my book.

I have asked this question already. There are two tabs in the search tab, multiple and single source searches. Unfortunately, this website defaults to the multiple source searches and is not very good. I always then have to click to the single source search. If you don't do this, you get a poor search. Personally, that multiple tab either needs to be removed or taken off of default.

Lee?

I have asked this question already. There are two tabs in the search tab, multiple and single source searches. Unfortunately, this website defaults to the multiple source searches and is not very good. I always then have to click to the single source search. If you don't do this, you get a poor search. Personally, that multiple tab either needs to be removed or taken off of default.

Lee?

I have yet to find a forum where the search function works well 100% of the time.

Easiest way to search any forum is to use Google.

Just type in -

site:300zx.co.uk ************

(Where ****** = what you are searching for.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

The search function is further thwarted by piss poor spelling, badly titled threads, shit grammar etc etc.

Until you educate the membership, there will always be issues.

The blame doesn't wholly lie with the software. It does what you ask of it. But threads that are titled "HELP!" are useless. A search function doesn't know what they thread is about.

i have a modern mobil phone and only use it to look at this site if im on a train or waiting for my children up at the school. other than that i try always to use my old laptop whilst at work and def at home. its on my lap most of the evening whilst watching tv. i like to have a wider screen to use and its easyer for me to use tho i still cant spell and cant be bothered to spell check everything. i do however think that all these buttons for like that thanks ect are going to take the eliment of clicking on a button a little easier than posting a comment that could potenally have a follow up post. Also somtimes im on here and all of a sudden a blast of the past ie member post something or somone ive not herd of makes a post, so there must be the traffic? just need to pull the customers in the shop as it were, and not just browse from the outside. come in and play. and you want to ask a stupid question that might seem trivial to some, but the anwser given could determine weather that person comes back or indeed aske or talk about somthing esle.

i have a modern mobil phone and only use it to look at this site if im on a train or waiting for my children up at the school. other than that i try always to use my old laptop whilst at work and def at home. its on my lap most of the evening whilst watching tv. i like to have a wider screen to use and its easyer for me to use tho i still cant spell and cant be bothered to spell check everything. i do however think that all these buttons for like that thanks ect are going to take the eliment of clicking on a button a little easier than posting a comment that could potenally have a follow up post. Also somtimes im on here and all of a sudden a blast of the past ie member post something or somone ive not herd of makes a post, so there must be the traffic? just need to pull the customers in the shop as it were, and not just browse from the outside. come in and play. and you want to ask a stupid question that might seem trivial to some, but the anwser given could determine weather that person comes back or indeed aske or talk about somthing esle.

See, I don't get that attitude regarding spell checking.

Every browser now has an inbuilt spell check. It's easy. Even more so when using a laptop. Errors highlighted in red, right click, select correct spelling. Job done.

It takes less than 30 seconds to correct the average post.

And if it is beneficial to the forum as a whole, especially the search function, why not take that extra bit of time?

I'm not specifically aiming that at you. More at the population in general.

As you know I moderate the 350z forum (which is significantly busier than here - for obvious reasons) and we have had issues in the past with text speak, poor titles, etc etc. We took a hard line against it earlier this year and I also correct or change peoples titles or key words which are spelt wrongly.

It has already shown a significant improvement in search results getting what people ask of it.

We do the same on 3ZC Alex and it makes reading and searching for thread topics far easier. It's not elitism, it just basic stuff.

It's horrible both reading and trying to search for stuff when the poster has used incessant text abbreviations or poor spelling. I think you owe it to those who's help you're asking for to write it in comprehensible English. I am no poet laureate nor am I a man-booker prize winner, in fact I only really did English Language up to GCSE, so not much and certainly didn't do it at A-level, or in my degree, but to put the basics (and this is basic English - stuff you're taught from infant school) down on paper, or indeed screen shouldn't be too difficult, especially when there are in-built spell checkers.

I am always using the spell checker, my English isn't that great, I wish it was a lot better. This post is just observational.

:)

Edited by Funkysi

Guest dan300zx

I have to say I cant spell and my English is crap I didn't go to school and do struggle with it so I just do what I can that's just the way it is sorry

We know about this and the options are hard coded as far as i know.

Lee?

Why wouldn't you "let it run"?

I still don't agree it is social media that has made this site change. Other forums go from strength to strength

It's more to do with post's like the one above.

Fook it I'm off

Bye

getmecoat.gif

You Tit...when i said "let it run" it was,nt in a moderator sense:thumbdown:.. i meant ive read each post!!!

You Tit...when i said "let it run" it was,nt in a moderator sense:thumbdown:.. i meant ive read each post!!!

Well I think this long time member with a low post count has got involved and proved I am not afraid to be shot down.

mauvaisepeche.gif

:tt2: