Quiet around these parts

Did someone mention US sites then as a comparison?? no surely not:whistling:

Well the general consensus among the answers is the effect Facebook and other similar social portals has had on the forum and added to age of cars, lower numbers, and lower numbers of "real" enthusiasts, even this thread has itself served as an indicator with the number of views and the number of responses, even given that some views may be more than once by the same viewer and the same goes for the posts/posters it still is only hovering around the 10% mark which frankly must be disheartening for the long term members, the mods and the committee members.

Given that the problem ( is it a problem ? ) has no real answer other than that`s how it is, then maybe we need to remind ourselves of the good work done here, I for one do not have the answer (s) and maybe needs some new younger thinking... maybe?

Jeff TT

I clicked "like" and "thanks" for this one Jeff.....:wink:

Ive let this run and read each post and a couple of things ive noticed...My assumption of other social media places not helping seems to be confirmed by a lot of peeps...Ive also noticed and its happened in the past is members and users saying things like "its no fun anymore" or "its the same old type of threads" these type of comments are made by long standing members but with a low post count:confused:..iff you want it better or more entertaining then join in is what i say and dont be affraid to get shot down by posts that might not be right..this is a discussion board at the end of the day:thumbup1:

....And you're right there Bri....!!

Richard:cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My view is we should aim to be a club and a forum second, however that isn't easy.

I know a lot of members feel they don't have anything to contribute, but as Brian said it's a discussion board. That means your ideas an opinions are invited. Even if it's just to say you like or dislike something.

What we have over FB clubs, is a solid club not just a thrown together group. Things like the 25th anniversary are indicative and spot on with what we need. It's a shame that Zfest doesn't get more attention, were short of z specific shows.

Most if us are here to enjoy a club and enjoy all that comes with it, some however view it as a cash generation scheme. I'm not talking about sponsors, we need those. I'm talking about the people who constantly find their car is full if rust so are "forced" to break. This sort of back door trading isn't positive. That's a different topic I suppose.

Yoohoo.

I thought I'd weigh in on this... Because I'm awesome, and because I'm the birdman, and I'm the awesome birdman.

The problem with this place is that I haven't been posting as much. Now naturally this is a sad time for you all, so, I thought I'd remind you of some fun times from a couple of my threads...

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?170002-Artztogo-(Chris)-vs-Fleetwood-Mac

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172515-Scubanesh-new-name

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172517-Ian_300ZX

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172518-Yeehaa!-Ride-em-cowboy

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?171197-Phutumsch-out-on-the-pull

You get the picture. My threads are mint but alive not been around so much, you're all waiting in the wings for my imminent return.

• Like 1

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

Yoohoo.

I thought I'd weigh in on this... Because I'm awesome, and because I'm the birdman, and I'm the awesome birdman.

The problem with this place is that I haven't been posting as much. Now naturally this is a sad time for you all, so, I thought I'd remind you of some fun times from a couple of my threads...

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?170002-Artztogo-(Chris)-vs-Fleetwood-Mac

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172515-Scubanesh-new-name

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172517-Ian_300ZX

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?172518-Yeehaa!-Ride-em-cowboy

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?171197-Phutumsch-out-on-the-pull

You get the picture. My threads are mint but alive not been around so much, you're all waiting in the wings for my imminent return.

PMSL....:rofl:

Nice one Lee - always good to remind us of some of the finest hours....:lol:

Richard:dance:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

like a few people have said and as you may have guessed that when we met I am mechanically inept , I am panicking at this very moment about my mission tomorrow with my Z of attempting to change my left headlight bulb :) last time I changed my head unit in my car I had to stop a fire engine I had to flag down a fire engine as smoke was billowing into the cabin. I read many posts with respect and awe at peoples ability and literally think what can I post to add anything interesting to this post :)

I think Google may also play a role here. When the forum was started search engines were not nearly as sophisticated as they are now, that is the main reason I created the .org site. Now of course you can Google pretty much anything and generally you'll find an answer within the first half page. Which is much faster than posting a technical question here.

I think Google may also play a role here. When the forum was started search engines were not nearly as sophisticated as they are now, that is the main reason I created the .org site. Now of course you can Google pretty much anything and generally you'll find an answer within the first half page. Which is much faster than posting a technical question here.

Which also leads to the fact that at 20 years old, many of the car's issues and problems have identified themselves already and there are already write ups and guides etc scattered around a half dozen 300 forums.

Thus is you have an issue, to avoid the "Use the fecking search button" response, a quick Google (because I have yet to find a forum Search engine that actually bloody works) generally reveals what your issue could be and things to check further.

I have diagnosed and solved numerous problems on my 300 purely by searching and reading. There was no need to create any threads.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

So what we are saying is that the technical role of the site is diminishing which leaves the "social" role as one of the main functions. So should we refocus on a "social" networking type application, whilst maintaining an archive of technical information ? My immediate feeling is no, mainly because none of the social networking platforms, of which I am aware, fulfil the community role, in the way I would envisage it. Not that I think vBulletin is a perfect solution either.

I don't think there's any reason to change the forum. And generally when people ask what might seem to be a silly question, people will get answers. It's rare I see replies such as 'use the search function'. If I did, it would put me off straight away

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

Leave the forum as is.

Its evolving, changing, getting older, but still retains and remains the main 300zx club ethos.

Everything changes, but still remains the same ?

As the Frenchies put it; ‘plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose’ Even Rush used it in a song ! (limelight)

There will always be hi`s and Lo`s. Let it live !

Here endeth tonights phyli....philoso.......philisoko........savvy thought ! :tt2:

Alan............

Ive let this run and read each post and a couple of things ive noticed...My assumption of other social media places not helping seems to be confirmed by a lot of peeps...Ive also noticed and its happened in the past is members and users saying things like "its no fun anymore" or "its the same old type of threads" these type of comments are made by long standing members but with a low post count:confused:..iff you want it better or more entertaining then join in is what i say and dont be affraid to get shot down by posts that might not be right..this is a discussion board at the end of the day:thumbup1:

Why wouldn't you "let it run"?

I still don't agree it is social media that has made this site change. Other forums go from strength to strength

It's more to do with post's like the one above.

Fook it I'm off

Bye

getmecoat.gif