What did you do to your zed today?

28 minutes ago, gray said:

Nice one gaz ? she is a stunning zed and yes i agree we don’t drive them enough although i have used mine more since the new build than i have ever used it

Thanks Graham and I am using it for the work run now the weather is good. It felt so odd driving a 90's manual car after driving a modern auto BMW all winter. Its when you get in the Z and start looking for the start button then realise you have to put the key in the ignition lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gaz 300 said:

Did 685 miles since last MOT so need to drive it more.

More than I did - it does makes one ponder when the oil coming out looks pretty much the same as it did going in when doing the annual service!

Edited by AndrewG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

11 hours ago, Gaz 300 said:

Another MOT pass today.? I have owned this Z for 12 years and it has passed first time every year plus all first time passes in England also. So pleased with my Fairlady and the MOT tester plus his fellow workers loved it. Did 685 miles since last MOT so need to drive it more.

z pic4.jpg

Nice one Gary - not that I'd expect anything else mate ? 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I hope so. I started my own business this year and I’m super busy, I haven’t actually taxed it yet. 

Glad your new business is going well Steve - and hope to see you at Beaulieu ?  

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday, after a week of daily use, I gave my Zed a wash, followed by a wipe-down with Chemical Guys Hydrocharge ceramic spray.....

........And then today, we took a trip to Upton House, near Banbury. Any excuse for some shiny Zed pics in the sunshine ?

P1300300.JPG

P1300301.JPG

P1300302.JPG

P1300310.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Passed the mot with flying colours, although did have a slight issue with the mot tester (who also has a zed) he was certain my car wasn’t a series 1, because I’ve got 99 spec lights. Series 2 interior and later style injectors. So was testing emmisions as a ‘cat’ vehicle. Thank god for dvla vehicle check to confirm it’s a 1991 car

• Like 6
  • Love 2

That little Audi Q2 that Brian has  is apparently quite a rare beasts  ?‍♂️limited addition only 100 made he has one of 76 in the uk ?  It’s got loads of extra’s and has 376bhp 

the Lamborghini is a STO special addition 631bhp and sounds amazing 

I never said anything about my zed other than some crazy bast—d from Bristol built it 

on the m56 they were shocked especially young dave in his Lamborghini when he booted it and found me along side him…we dropped the Audi at touch of the throttle  ?

when we arrived at cars and coffee dave said how was that possible the old Datsun keeping up and the Lamborghini not pulling away ? 

said he was selling it as soon as he gets home  ?

Edited by gray
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today we took the Zed our for a little spin in the autumn sun, through the Oxfordshire countryside.....

......We visited Harcourt Arboretum, then stopped in Dorchester-on-Thames on the way home. 

P1320229.JPG

P1320230.JPG

P1320369.JPG

• Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

Today I washed my Zed, it was looking rather dirty after nearly two weeks of regular use - and passing the 125k milestone the other day. I then gave it a wipe down with Chemical Guys ceramic spray and put it back in the garage before the rain started to fall.....

I also fitted some Nismo smoked side repeaters - I got the idea from one of Vig's earlier posts. I have to say, I prefer the darker lenses against the blue paintwork. Plus the genuine Nismo ones, whilst not cheap, are much better quality than the clear aftermarket jobbies. They feel more substantial and click very satisfyingly into place....!!

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I washed my Zed after it got rather dirty during this weekend's Eastbourne "meet up and drive"..... ? 

....It's now back in the garage, just in time for this evening's forecasted rain ? 

• Like 3