What did you do to your zed today?

...And spurred on by Si's comments, I gave my Zed a thorough wash - including shampooing the underside (not that I am paranoid). I then blow-dried it with my leaf blower, just to be sure it wasn't still damp, before wiping it down with detailing spray and popping it safely back into the garage....!

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

On 19/12/2021 at 20:16, RichardS said:

So after last Sunday's little trip, we took another pre-Christmas jaunt in the Zed today, this time down to Bath.....

...Although it needs a damn good wash now, as it's covered in road grime! Still, on a slight detour home, via Bathampton, the chap collecting payments at the toll bridge was certainly taken with the Zed... "I'm F~~~ing loving that car" was among one of the things he said ? 

I know the bloke you mean, he said the same thing when I drove my zed from Jims to Yeovil last May. The wife and I had the roof off so heard him quite clearly ?

• Like 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

• 1 month later...

It's been exactly 6 weeks since I last used my Zed.....

....So as the weather was fine today, we took the Zed for a little jaunt out to Oxford. ? 

Rude not to - as it celebrated its 28th birthday on Friday 28th ? 

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

• Like 5

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

1 hour ago, RichardS said:

It's been exactly 6 weeks since I last used my Zed.....

....So as the weather was fine today, we took the Zed for a little jaunt out to Oxford. ?

No chance of that around here, roads have been salted and cars are driving around covered in salt dust!

• Like 2

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

I wouldn’t drive mine in this weather as salt and greasy roads aren’t good for nearly 700hp, nearly killed myself a couple of times already ? there’s nothing worse than having this thing sitting there and I dare not drive it ffs 

• Like 1

Fitted my new targa seals passenger side was just starting to leak after 30 years.. just got to test if the new ones are ok, old ones split across the top were the top of door glass meets the rubber 

Edited by gray
  • Like 4

LOL - it was 15 degrees and sunny on Saturday so no chance of the roads being freshly salted overnight...... And whilst I concede the roads had been salted in the last coupe of weeks, there has been sufficient traffic and rain to disperse it over that time.

Sure, I was in two minds which car to take out on Sunday morning, but when we arrived home and the Zed was still as clean as when we left, I wasn't worried about having made the wrong choice. 

Yes, I have learned my lesson - and no, I'm not going to use it throughout the winter like before. But the odd day out, on a fine dry day is not going to do any long term harm.... And there were plenty of other classic car drivers out on Sunday with the same idea - we can't all be mad.... Can we? ? 

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 18:24, arthur said:

Well spotted Andrew?
it was just to take the photo 

I just feel a bit of a sad git taking photos of the car! ?

Nothing wrong with taking photos of the car!

Yesterday, mine got run up to the paint guy I use to have a few more touch up bits done including wiper arms, scuttle, etc. I've really missed driving it, haven't driven it since November really, jumped in it and straight away had a massive, stupid grin on my face! 

• Like 2

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

Wow that was a windy day yesterday hope everyone was ok.

I have a bad exhaust leak from the right manifold, I could not resist showing a Tesla who was boss.

I had fun anyway and only had a week left before taking car off the road for rear end refurb.

Driving my brothers Boxster for now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

So much for hibernation of the car this year. 

First box of many arrived yesterday. Tad frustrating to know how much I've spent this past week and that non of it is visible! ?

IMG_20220217_101142.jpg

• Like 3

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

13 minutes ago, Lexx said:

So much for hibernation of the car this year. 

First box of many arrived yesterday. Tad frustrating to know how much I've spent this past week and that non of it is visible! ?

IMG_20220217_101142.jpg

What's this then 

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

36 minutes ago, bird said:

What's this then 

PCV hoses, valves, and a few other silicone bits CZP didn't have in. 

Just waiting on the big CZP order arriving (it's not left the US yet). 

• Like 2

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

23 hours ago, Bones28 said:

Wow that was a windy day yesterday hope everyone was ok.

I have a bad exhaust leak from the right manifold, I could not resist showing a Tesla who was boss.

I had fun anyway and only had a week left before taking car off the road for rear end refurb.

Driving my brothers Boxster for now.

LOL - I have to admit loving that too..... Petrol power rules ?

Those Teslas - in Performance trim - are pretty rapid though. But just like the low powered Audis, BMWs and Mercs, those driving the basic Teslas (which TBH is most of them) still suffer from the same delusions of their cars being faster than anything else ? 

• Like 2

just a little tinkering today, images attached of before a visit to jimmer for a cam belt change, after and now with the OEM intake hoses fitted, seems to run a little better now too, now I have a brake line to sort that has just decided it dosen't like fluid anymore........

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

Edited by Black-zed
  • Like 4