What did you do to your zed today?

its still under warranty so just mailed em about it, the arc is very intermitent no idea whats wrong with it just so annoyed, was gonna put it in for its test next week :mad:

Sounds like the wire feed rollers are slipping, check the grip on the roller by feeding the wire pinched between finger and thumb, should feel resistance before slipping.

Also, check you have the feed roller to match the wire diameter, there will be markings on the roller matching the groove size in relation to the wire size.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sounds like the wire feed rollers are slipping, check the grip on the roller by feeding the wire pinched between finger and thumb, should feel resistance before slipping.

Also, check you have the feed roller to match the wire diameter, there will be markings on the roller matching the groove size in relation to the wire size.

its out of warranty by 10 days or so its junk now .. :cursing:

Well i was doing a suitable speed in lane 4 of the m25 when it all started to go a bit wobbly, hang a sharp left, but between then and the hard shoulder there was quite a lot of smoke, burnt rubber, bits of side skirt , arch liner etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i was doing a suitable speed in lane 4 of the m25 when it all started to go a bit wobbly, hang a sharp left, but between then and the hard shoulder there was quite a lot of smoke, burnt rubber, bits of side skirt , arch liner etc etc.

Could have been a lot worse though Ian - glad you made it to safety mate!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

One of my worst fears a blow out at speed. Well done on getting it over to the hard shoulder Ian.

Laser alignment and a bit of an interior detail - this Z is now ready to drive down to the Mediterranean in a week and a half. :)

DSC_0989.jpg

Yes, it needs fuel - I'll not be driving it until I head to Portsmouth so I'll brim it with 99Ron.

DSC_0999.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

Even scrubbed the pedals!

DSC_1001.jpg

Hi Jeff a couple of years ago I acquired a 300zx tt reg k86 YPA from Louis Calmels. I understand that you had the car for a while and carried out extensive work on it. I was wondering if you can remember what you did to it because it doesn't go like a standard 300 so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi Jeff a couple of years ago I acquired a 300zx tt reg k86 YPA from Louis Calmels. I understand that you had the car for a while and carried out extensive work on it. I was wondering if you can remember what you did to it because it doesn't go like a standard 300 so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated thanks

Let me check the data base and come back to you..

Jeff

Look what I won with my Little Red shortie this weekend! Best Japanese Classic Car of Show at the German v Jap meet this weekend, so chuffed. Big Thanks to Lee Dent at L.A. Autos for getting my car sorted and all the work carried out and big Thanks to Craig for picking up my Trophy for me, Cheers....

IMG_3704.jpg

Look what I won with my Little Red shortie this weekend! Best Japanese Classic Car of Show at the German v Jap meet this weekend, so chuffed. Big Thanks to Lee Dent at L.A. Autos for getting my car sorted and all the work carried out and big Thanks to Craig for picking up my Trophy for me, Cheers....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108370[/ATTACH]

Ah I didn't know this was on again. I went last time. There could have been 3 zeds there.

To add the thread I MOT'd the car this Saturday, passed no probs.

Sourced myself a brand new boxed, never been fitted original 3rd brakelight. Mine is in very good shape, but couldn't turn down a new discontinued part! I love finding new discontinued parts!

Interesting to note that if you buy the two screws separately, they come black, originals look like they're are just a plated finish.

It's still in the US at the moment, but soon it will be heading my way. :)

Dave, would you like my old one?

received_10213859904869677.jpg

received_10213859904949679.jpg

received_10213859904829676.jpg

received_10213859904909678.jpg

• Like 1