The Official "Yes, I WOULD like to buy your album" thread!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i changed my mind:slap: i want a special one please:bow:

No problem chap, 'tis done. :) And thanks for the support! Whether people go for the album "as is" or one of the limited edition jobbies it's all genuinely appreciated and the money will be ploughed back into the music so that, fingers crossed, next year I can release another one! There's already 5 new tracks that are contenders for a place on it so to have the opportunity to be able to get them out there would be fantastic :)

Been planning what adverts I need to do today. Realised I needed much better shots of the album itself so I set to it today and here's a sample of one of the results...You can now see what you're getting folks...a cheap and cheerful photocopied image slipped between a bargain basement Jewel Case it isn't...thank Christ! :D ;)

344tugk.jpg

I also had a nice suprise waiting for me in my Inbox this evening...a preview photo from my printers showing a couple of the extras in store for Limited Edition owners...the numbered stickers and the "Zener Test-esque" Cards...yippee!! :D :D

33paf43.jpg

we're getting a massively good review from a big German webzine (bizarrely our popularity seems to be growing over there, so much so we're doing a mini-tour there next Spring!

Hi,

I will still take the 2x special editions please.

If there are any left after everyone on here has what they want, I will + 1 to 3 total.

Hope the tour here kicks off, I will be there for sure!

Cheers, Derek.

Hi,

I will still take the 2x special editions please.

If there are any left after everyone on here has what they want, I will + 1 to 3 total.

Hope the tour here kicks off, I will be there for sure!

Cheers, Derek.

Cheers Derek, that's great! Accounting for the orders on here (and a couple of other forums) plus the pre-orders I had from MySpace/Last FM/Facebook and gigs, I should end up with about 30ish Limited Edition copies left going into next week so 3 copies are no problemo chap :)

I'll get in touch with the post office to see what it comes to if we combine the postage...I should be able to do it for less than the cost of sending 3 seperately so hopefully save you a bit on that front :)

We're all definately up for coming to Germany so will keep you posted...if you have any thoughts on good cities/towns (or even venues!) for us to play any help is greatly appreciated mate! :D

Hi,

When you check the postage costs, they will ask for my postcode - 97511, Bayern.

Have a think as to when and how long you guys would be prepared to be out here, and give me a clue as to what size/type of venue you are interested in.

Also, think what are you looking to achieve; are you only in it if there is a clear profit, or are you willing to break even on the actual gigs in the course of getting your names out there and selling some CD's?

(ie Getting paid for a club gig is nice, but getting a slot at a festival gets you visibility)

Once you have a think, let me know via PM and I will see what suggestions I can come up with.

Cheers, Derek.

Hey everyone, I've just the payment options out via PM to all those that have put their names down for the Limited Edition copies, any probs just let me know! :)

Derek: essentially we'll play whatever we can get! We'd be looking to go over there for a week to 2 weeks max playing a venue every night and travelling during the day with a day or so break in between.

As far as profit is concerned that's not what we're looking to achieve. We're solely looking to get our name "out there" and to hopefully drum up some new fans, sell a few albums and maybe attract the attentions of some German Radio shows/music magazine/webzines/promoters/labels etc. If possible it would be great if we could break even on the cost of the trip though as we don't have very many pennies to rub together...particularly myself, after spending everything I had on this album! :)

Venue-wise we're used to playing anything from small pubs/bars through to medium sized 1000 capacity gig venues (the latter when supporting bands like Hundred Reasons and recently That Petrol Emotion on their "don't call it a comeback" comeback tour :D) but we'll genuinely play anywhere if it's got a good vibe and a good, receptive crowd. I'd rather play in a smaller venue to a crowd that's into our kind of music than in a large venue to a crowd that doesn't give a monkeys :)

We would LOVE to play festivals and frankly we wouldn't care if we were paid or not if we could get on one. We got everything together a wee bit too late for this years festival circuit but we'll be petitioning hard for next year and not just for those in the UK...aside from Germany we want to get on the festival scene in Norway, Holland, Spain to name just a few.

We've now got a manager on board which helps a bit and, luckily, we've also got the head of our German Street Team, a lovely girl called Wibke (who brought a load of fans over on a trip to the UK just to see us play on the Hundred Reasons tour which really bowled us over! Bless 'em! :D), and she's offered to act as our liason and do a lot of the organising as none of us can speak German! But any additional help would be truly appreciated if you have the time Derek, seriosuly chap, it would be great! :)

After writing all this in a post I've only just noticed you suggested send a PM...doh!...but I thought I'd post it anyway in case anyone else wants to chip in with any ideas, thoughts or suggestions...and if anyone has a mate of a mate etc that can get us booked somewhere good, we're there with bells on! :D ;)

Hi Leigh

Don't forget I want a special one please... and looking forward to seeing you again

Tony

Tony, I think you were subscribed when this first went up but now you're registered so I can't PM you the payment details! If you can email me on thisburningage@hotmail.co.uk so I get your email address, I'll then send you the payment options :)

Cheers!

Hi all, just a quick update. Really hope everyone doesn't mind but I'm going to be sending out the album to those who have paid on Monday now. The posters finally arrived and look fantastic but unfortunately they came a wee bit later than I expected, arriving this afternoon, so I'm going to put all the packages together over the weekend ready to send out on Monday :) Thanks for your patience with this guys, but I think it's been worth it as the posters really are the dogs-doodahs! :D

Derek: apologies for not getting back to you with a final price on postage to Germany, I'll definately be sorting it today chap :)

Cheers,

Leigh.

Update!

Big thanks to everyone that has paid and sent me their address...cheers guys!

Nick (Bantambunny) and Dave...if you could get back to me that would be grand but no worries if you're busy, I can hold the albums for a couple of weeks :)

Apologies for not getting the albums out today, had a slight problem with the download codes. The label maker I bought to put the codes on the back of the "Be Safe" cards threw a bit of a spanner in the works...the previous batch of codes contained upper case and lower case "I's" and "L's" and, when printed, we found it was virtually impossible to differentiate between them (the zeros's and upper case "O"'s were equally as bad!). So I had to contact my coding guru to ask him nicely (while he was enjoying a beer and Inspector Morse! :D) to redo a complete new batch of random codes omitting the offending characters. It's all done now and I'll be setting to it this evening...I was just glad I noticed before sticking them on! :wack:

Well...they're all packaged up and ready to go! :) 22 Limited Editions in total (the big parcels contain 5 and 3 albums respectively, both lots going over to Germany :)).

2hhexb8.jpg

If it wasn't for the half day closing at the local post office they'd be off now :(

Apologies for the slight delay folks, one of the reasons was that I decided to include something else...so, instead of the advertised 2 badges, you're now getting 3 :) Here's the little bVgger in question (38mm metal pin badge):

30rqgx1.jpg

Hope you like :)