The Official "Yes, I WOULD like to buy your album" thread!

Hey folks,

First off, thanks to the Mods for giving this the ok!

Right, for those that don't already know, I have a band called "This Burning Age" and we're about to release our debut album called "A Muzzle For The Masses".

To give you a bit of background history, "This Burning Age" started off as my own project. I spent a year in the studio of new Wolverhampton based producer James Brede working on the album. I wrote all the tracks and everything you hear, be it guitars, bass, drums, vox or synths were played or sung by myself and I co-produced the album.

At that point I was very much a "one man band" but, having been involved with bands in the past and having enjoyed playing within the band dynamic with the kick you get that performing live brings, I set about gathering together friends and fellow musicians to allow me to take the music on the road. Since playing together, the "one man band" ethos has slowly died away as we all gelled so well...it became very apparent that we were now a proper band in our own right. Although I still write the majority of the tracks (we have enough material for at least 2 more albums!) I now also co-write with Anth and Russ, our guitarist and bassist respectively, and our second album will be recorded as a band proper rather than just me locked away in a studio!

However, the DIY ethos is something that is still very much alive and kicking as shown by me taking on the album art and design (I'm an artist and photographer in my "normal" life), tackling getting it Mastered, Pressed and Released and also the task of designing our own bespoke website (although it needs a few tweaks the more or less finished product can now be found here if you find you have a moment to look in: http://www.thisburningage.com Again, all the graphics, animation and images were done by me with the coding written by a chap to whom I am eternally grateful as I'm a borderline neo-Luddite when it comes to things like that! try to ignore the music/FX in the intro, they're not quite sync'd yet!).

As well as our official site you can also find us on: http://www.myspace.com/thisburningage On our page you'll also find 2 additional tracks, a demo of a new song "Nevermore" which has been shortlisted for the second album and a live acoustic version of "Repeat To Fade" (there's also some live videos for your amusement ;)).

Things seem to have taken a trip into bizarro world recently...and all in a very good way:

1. Kerrang DJ Emma Scott saw us live at one of our gigs and offered us the chance to open for alt/rock leg-ends "Hundred Reasons" at the Birmingham O2 Academy 2 on March 29th (Tickets currently available from Ticketweb, Ticketmaster, Seetickets.com, Gigantic.com and Swordfish Records in Birmingham if you prefer an over the counter purchase!).

2. To top that we're now also being played every week on the Kerrang RAW show (we were an astonishing 9th on the playlist last Saturday! :D ).

3. But the biggest thing has to be the call from Universal Music. Yep, one of the biggest labels in the world has got in touch with us. Apparently one of their scouts heard the album and loved it. He apparently passed it on to the Head Scout for Universal UK and...he loved it. It may not happen so I'm trying not to get too excited but things are certainly afoot in that department shall we say...

So, until we're picked up by a major industry player, our entirely self-released (and self-funded by me...arrrgh!) album, "A Muzzle For The Masses" will soon be ready for release in CD Digipak, Digital Download and Special Edition CD Digipak formats.

EDIT 01/09/09

Essentially this is a thread for those who would like to order a copy of the album in "standard" CD Digipak or the "Special Edition" CD Digipak. The standard album comes un-numbered but with booklet and signed (I'm only selling signed copies within this club and one other car club, no where else).

344tugk.jpg

There are 100 copies of the Special Edition available to buy...here's the text from my Bigcartel internet shop:

There are 100 copies in Digipak format, each one individually numbered. Every copy is signed and includes a 6 page, full colour, roll-fold booklet.

These Special Editions also come with a This Burning Guitar Pick, 3 Badges, a signed A3 This Burning Age Promo Poster and a very special custom designed This Burning Age "Zener Test" Card onto which is printed a code which can be redeemed in the Download section of our official website: http://www.thisburningage.com to claim a free non-album track. Both this card and the download track will not be available to buy anywhere else.

The designs (featured below, not to scale) are now at the printers and all being well this Special Edition merchandise is on schedule to be with me at the beginning of next week:

13z9vcw.jpg

2d1hde.jpg

fcr1o2.jpg

30rqgx1.jpg

eitvyb.jpg

2njvshu.jpg

For those that miss the days when getting an album was more than just keying in your card details and hearing a single mp3 track taken out of context...when buying an album and particularly a special edition version was a great experience, not just because of the music therein, but because of the artwork and the feeling you got from it...that you had purchased something genuinely special that the artist cared about...well, I hope I've been able to put some of that back with this release.

Because of these alterations I've had to alter the price slightly.

The standard album can still be purchased for £7 (+ £1.50 P&P UK delivery) however the Special Edition will now be for sale at £9 (+ £1.50 P&P).

So, to all those that registered their interest, if this price change isn't ok, it's no problem, just post here and I'll remove your name. If, however, you'd still like to buy one, if you could state whether you'd like a "standard" copy or a "Special Edition" copy, I'll add you to the appropriate list below.

I'll be contacting you all via PM with the Paypal details this week with a view to shipping shortly afterwards.

Thanks to everyone who's supported me through all this...it's genuinely very much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Leigh.

Registered Interest:

1. mental

2. Apache

3. stricker

4. dipone

5. derek_g2001 (x2)

6. Car.Mad

7. jonmoore172 (x2)

8. Dave

9. jonce

10. chayden

11. pete shrimp

12. clownpants

13. ScabbyZ32

14. Tango450

15. Paulzx

Final List for Standard Album:

(please post "standard" in this thread)

Final List for Special Edition Album:

(please post "Special Edition" in this thread)

1.TonyB PAID

2.ianl PAID

3. bantambunny PAID

4. Apache PAID

5. Paulzx PAID

6. stricker PAID

7. CraigTT PAID

8. mental PAID

9. Dave PAID

10. dipone PAID

11. derek_g2001 (x3) PAID

12. jonce PAID

Edited by friday

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for us old, technically challenged people, whats a digipak?

i'll buy something that plays in my cd player.....

A Digipak is just the packaging it comes in chap, it's still a CD inside it :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digipak I prefer it to the standard "Jewel Case" which is why I went for it. Each Digipak also comes with a 6 page rollfold booklet :)

As mentioned above, this thread is purely for those interested in buying the album in Digipak form though. I haven't included an option for the "Book" version as it's already "sold out"!

At this stage I'm only making a very limited number of them (15) and I've been lucky enough to have pre-orders for double that amount (despite the price being both much higher and still rather vague, between £25-40!) so unfortunately some people have had to be let down. Tony and Nick have previously spoken to me when they've come to our gigs about having a copy but, and I hate doing this particularly after the kind words, Stricker, I'm really sorry to say that at this point in time the order list for the "Books" is maxed out...sorry chap :(

where and when can i download, will it be available on itunes?

Downloads will be organised as close to the release date of the Digipaks as possible but realistically probably a week or two after (not having the backing of a Label and going the DIY approach, while satisfying, can be a real PITA sometimes! ;)). All info regarding downloads will be posted as soon as it becomes available :)

No worries matey! Put me down for a Digipak... Like I said before always happy to support a good band!

I hate saying no to people though particualrly when they're been good enough to support you! :( Cheers for still buying the album though chap, every sale helps a helluva lot! :) (I don't like to think about how much this has all cost...I tend to end up in the foetal position rocking backwards and forwards...:wack::D;))

is it on utorrent:D

i will have one good luck with the album

No doubt it will be at some point...and subsequently crucify the album sales and mean I don't have enough to record another album. Arse. :( I'm guessing the mercenary out there could always rip them off MySpace, but then they'll only be getting the 128kbps versions that are completely Mullered by the heavy compression that comes with running them off the MySpace/Reverbnation players, and thus totally missing out on a helluva lot...Good! lol! :D ;)

I've done the downloading thing myself in the past but, being honest, every album I've had I've always ended up buying as I much prefer physically owning a CD...though I think we're a dying breed...hell, I still buy 12" records! lol :D ;) Plus, when you're on the other side of the fence, you suddenly realise how much illegal downloading affects an artist, particularly those who are unsigned or who are signed but less well known...it ain't good... :(

Cheers to everyone that's put their names down so far! :D

I'll take 2 please, will coin up the extra postage to Germany obviously.

Just let me know what I owe.

Thanks, Derek.

No problem at all posting to Germany Derek, I'll find out how much it'll be chap. Cheers for having 2! :D

I've just worked out I need to sell 200 of these just to pay off the costs incurred for the Mastering and Pressing alone...Oh Bum...I really shouldn't break out the calculator again...like the build cost for the V8 it's now officially a strictly no-go area, lol! :eek::wack::rofl:

Er...anyone have octuplets they need to buy birthday presents for?? :rofl: :D

Me to, but will be for Germany. Not to worry though you can use my BFPO 47 for postage cost!!!

Thanks Jonce :D Just had to Google "BFPO"...then felt a bit stupid when I realised what it stood for and for not working it out on my own! :rolleyes: ;)