The Official "Yes, I WOULD like to buy your album" thread!

Bit of an announcement...well two actually!

Thanks to the MASSIVE help of fellow Zedder Jaktheruby, the album art is pretty much all wrapped up so, I just need to approve the pdf proof when they send it, settle the balance and then then I should be getting a date for production shortly after! Woo-hoo! :D

The second bit of news is a wee bit stranger...I've had confirmation that an hour and a half ago Trent Reznor was personally handed a USB key containing all the tracks off the album (plus press photos etc) before his gig tonight in Dusseldorf. As far as getting proactive on the promotion front goes...all stops can now be considered firmly pulled out! :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..............

IT'S DONE!!!

It's been a long road to get here, over two years in fact, but last week I had a delivery...I'm now writing this within a makeshift fort of 9 Large boxes containg 1000 CD's, lined up, row upon slightly unbelievable row, in pristine Digipaks. Still can't quite get my head round it to be completely honest with you. I keep opening a box and sneaking a peek!

I know I have more than a vested interest but I can honestly say that they look fantastic! The reason I didn't make the announcement straight away is because there are now a few other things on the cards...the first 100 Digipaks are going to be limited editions in themselves, the upshot being you're now going to get a lot more free goodies with your Cd's folks. Here's the "bumf" taken from the work-in-progress Bigcartel page that will be taking orders in a few weeks:

A limited run of 1000 copies in Digipak format, each individually hand stamped with its own issue number. Every copy is signed and includes a 6 page, roll-fold booklet.

The first 100 copies are "special editions" which also come with a This Burning Age branded Guitar Pick, two Badges and instructions on how to claim a free track which is not available to buy anywhere else.

This latter "freebie" plus the wait for the remaining free merchandise is the reason the albums are being held back a wee bit more (sorry guys! Hope you think it's worth it! :)).

I want everyone to have a free track (it's looking like it's going to be an acoustic version of "Panic") so I'm currently putting my head together with my coding and website guru Stu to make this happen. The plan is to also offer many other free, non-album tracks available on our main site and also allow people to purchase download codes for tracks on the Bigcartel page ( http://thisburningage.bigcartel.com/ ) and then use them to claim their download on our main website thus circumventing the whole iTunes/Amazon Brigade which, when paired with a distributor which you have to have to get on there, both end up taking a huge chunk of the proceeds...this way the only fee I'd have to pay is to PayPal...The ability to offer free stuff is pretty much sorted bar some tinkering, I'm just keeping fingers crossed we can sort the selling of tracks out as well! ;)

But the main thing is...they're finished guys. Just got to tie up a few "loose ends" and they can be sent out.

For all those buying the album (and anyone else for that matter!) if you've got a moment to spare, it would be great if you don't mind checking out our new forum: http://www.thisburningage.com/forum/ and if you fancy it, sign up and post. The forum and indeed the entire site hasn't been officially announced yet as it's still a work-in-progress and a lot of stuff still needs work (a lot of the graphics are bang out of alignment, some of the Flash doesn't work, the Images section should link to our official Flickr site when clicking thumbnails, the "Secret" pages don't load yet....I could go on, lol! ;)). But...feel free to have a mosey round :) If you can post that would be muchos appreciated...being a member means you'll get first pick of new merch, new downloads and occasionally money off and/or backstage entry to shows.

Can't believe it's finished.

Right. Better continue working on album No.2 then! :D ;)

Edited by friday

Apache: Hey chap! First off, got to say, thank you so much again for putting me in touch with Stu...the guy is a genius and I wouldn't have anywhere near as good a site if it weren't for him, so cheers chap! Yep, everyone who's put (or hopefully will still put!) their names down on the list on here will be getting the limited edition "first 100" copies with all the trimmings. So far, before advertising and including those from sites like this, I've got pre-sale orders for just over 50 copies so there's still ones with all the extras still available for those that want them... :D We've taken a break for most of August as it's going to get very nuts very quickly once the album's released so our first gig is back with a bang at a Kerrang affiliated gig at the Wharf 10 in Walsall, featuring support from us and 3 other bands with a headline slot from an ex-Hot Hot Heat member ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Hot_Heat ) with their new band LUV. There's also DJ sets throughout the night from Kerrang's Luke and Johnny Doom...should be a good one! If anyone is interested I have tickets for sale for a reduced rate of only £5...let me know if you want some while I've stil got 'em! :D

Paulzx: cheers for the support! Will put your name down now chap! :)

Oops, one more thing on the gig front!

I've just been contacted by our management and have been told that we've scored a great show: we're headlining the refurbished and re-opened Little Civic in Wolverhampton on Friday October 9th! If you're free, come along or contact us for advance tickets :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone :) It's been a while since the last update as things have been absolutely mental this end trying to organise everything with the album release. The good news is, we're now on the home stretch and although it's been a lot of hard work (up till 4am most nights trying to get it all done!) I think it's definately been worth...and I'm now able to offer a whole load of additional things with the album... :D

I've had to temporarily shelve the idea of doing a "metal book" version, however, because of this, I've altered the format of the 100 Special Edition versions in a way that I hope people are going to really like. Here's the text from my Bigcartel shop:

There are 100 copies in Digipak format, each one individually numbered. Every copy is signed and includes a 6 page, full colour, roll-fold booklet.

These Special Editions also come with a This Burning Guitar Pick, two Badges, a signed A3 This Burning Age Promo Poster and a very special custom designed This Burning Age "Zener Test" Card onto which is printed a code which can be redeemed in the Download section of our official website: http://www.thisburningage.com to claim a free non-album track. Both this card and the download track will not be available to buy anywhere else.

The designs (featured below, not to scale) are now at the printers and all being well this Special Edition merchandise is on schedule to be with me at the beginning of next week:

13z9vcw.jpg

2d1hde.jpg

fcr1o2.jpg

eitvyb.jpg

2njvshu.jpg

For those that miss the days when getting an album was more than just keying in your card details and hearing a single mp3 track taken out of context...when buying an album and particularly a special edition version was a great experience, not just because of the music therein, but because of the artwork and the feeling you got from it...that you had purchased something genuinely special that the artist cared about...well, I hope I've been able to put some of that back with this release.

Because of these alterations I've had to alter the price slightly. The standard album (un-numbered but with booklet and signed...I'm only selling signed copies within this club and one other car club, no where else) can still be purchased for £7 (+ £1.50 P&P UK delivery) however the Special Edition will now be for sale at £9 (+ £1.50 P&P).

So, to all those that registered their interest, if this price change isn't ok, it's no problem, just post here and I'll remove your name from the list. If, however, you'd still like to buy one, if you could state whether you'd like a "standard" copy or a "Special Edition" copy, I'll add you to the appropriate list (which I will Edit into the first post at the start of this thread).

I'll be contacting you all via PM with the Paypal details this week with a view to shipping shortly afterwards! :)

Thanks to everyone who's supported me through all this...it's genuinely very much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Leigh.

Edited by friday

i deffo want one of the standard ones signed please, i would like it to say "to dipone thanks for all your support we would not be were we are today if it wasn't for you. love Leigh":rofl: only joking. well done mate hope the album does well for you.

trev

stewiedoom1.gif

Guest CraigTT

Hi mate, just tried to view the pictures of the goodies there on the thread and ut didnt coem up, just the picture of the guitar pik? Any previews of the music........mibi get me a special one if i liked the sound of it. Would it get signed To craig.lol.

Hi mate, just tried to view the pictures of the goodies there on the thread and ut didnt coem up, just the picture of the guitar pik? Any previews of the music........mibi get me a special one if i liked the sound of it. Would it get signed To craig.lol.

I'm viewing them fine so not sure what the problem is tbh. Tracks are up on our myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thisburningage or on our Official Site in the Sounds section: http://www.thisburningage.com

Sounds good, kind of creed sound type of music i think.

Is the music on your website whats on the album bud?

These are the ten tracks that are on the album (all on both the Official site and the MySpace page):

1. Human Condition

2. No Surrender

3. Repeat To Fade

4. End Game

5. The Last Day

6. Stronger, Faster, Fitter

7. Panic (Bring on the Bomb)

8. Stay Forgotten

9. Everlasting

10. Honey

For more info have a gander at our online shop here: http://thisburningage.bigcartel.com/

Thanks to everyone that's posted...the album is being well received so far and I've just been told we're getting a massively good review from a big German webzine (bizarrely our popularity seems to be growing over there, so much so we're doing a mini-tour there next Spring! :wack: :D)...so all good so far! :)