Do you think that TG will buy a Z32 as a banger to smash up?

Watching TG at the moment, they've killed some quite nice cars. Old 635CSi, Alfa Spiders, Fiat coupes etc.

Do you think they'll one day buy a cheap Z32, abuse it and wreck it? I know some would love to see it, but I would absolutely hate to see one bought for peanuts and then distroyed.

Wouldn't do anything for the model or value.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i would just love to see one on there to see what they thought???

You'd want to see one bought for peanuts, hammered to death and then trashed?

As has been said, it really would be the nail in the coffin for any residual value left in the cars!

They've never used the Z32 in the bargain banger thing though.

True, but have you ever seen them use a model of car in the £1000 challanges that they have already shown in a different sort of feature.

Id happily be corrected, but i dont recall seeing such a case in TG:hyper:

I didn't buy it as an investment either, but I do believe it will be worth good money in a few years if it is a good example

maybe, but thats the case now, maybe in 15-20 years they will be worth a 5 grand more, but that will only be when there is only a hundred or so left in the country

If they do, they do, will not bother me in the slightest. Why would it, I didnt buy my car because of what other people thought of it.

I know a lot of people who think the Z32 is shit, thats their opinion and I respect it, just like I think certain cars are total crap!

TG is just a bit of fun at the end of the day and anyone that takes it seriously is out of touch imho

Can't really see them doing it - unless you could get a 300, GTO and Supra or RX-7 for under 1k - then they might do a "shoot-out" feature, and pretty good tv it would make too, IMO.

Don't think it would make any difference to the general state of the market... After all, I don't expect last weekend's has affected the price of a decent Alfa Spider... Plus, the only people willing to pay good money for a Z are those "in the know" anyhow.

As an aside, I'm not sure I could respect anyone's opinion who thought a Z32 was "crap" - as a comment like that wouldn't deserve respect. I think most people think they're nice cars, even if there are plenty of "crap" examples around. :headvswal

I just think Top Gear is just done as a bit of fun tbh, anyone that judges a car by Clarkson et al, strapping door mats to the front and decorating them as police cars etc and smashing them up is a little misguided.

I loved the Fiat Coupe when it came out, still have a soft spot for it, seeing Clarkson pratt about in it and destroy one has not changed my opinion of it. He may be a witty man but he certainly bears no influence on what I like and dislike

I don't think it will matter really.....

.....TG is just a bit of fun after all. Last Sunday with the Alfa challenges, The Hamster bought a Spider. Everyone could see it was a very poor example, reflected by the price he paid.

The Concourse task at the end showed there were very fine examples out there, all of which are capable of going for good money by virture of their condition.

I doubt that classic Alfa Spiders will lose money and credibility because of the ropey shit heap Hammond purchased.

Richard:cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

The coupe for less than 1500 that isnt a porsche challenge could have included a z32, but it would have won. For that they'd have got an NA at the time which would have wiped the floor with a 635csi (a car i love dearly and was sad to see them ruin that one, although it was hardly mint when they started lol) and the old XJS. The starion was a wreck as well.

The z32 is a vastly superior car to all three and would have trounced the competition,

the Z32 has made a few appearence on new style top gear. From memory the scientist burn out and also the race between the Z32 and Z33 im sure its been in another time as well

Id love them to do a feature on old classics like they did with the corrado and the merc 190e 2.5-16 cosworth, on things like the supra, gto and 300zx and rx7 . Would be a good shoot out and fascinating to watch - all those cars could be bought by the majority of TG's viewers, unlike most of the fast/nice stuff they show.

Not that im complaining at all, but it would be nice to show some bargain performance from time to time!

to follow on

If i remember correctly when the Z33 was first announced top gear had a line up of z cars, a 240, 260 280 and also a Z31, (they also had members of the z club there, anyone we know??) but no Z32 to be seen as they wanted to state the the z car had started off wonderful and got steadily worse over the years, and the 350z was the supposid revival.

Shame they didnt actually show the Z32, which is only second to the 240z IMHO in the hole nissan Z car range.

Im not sure if it was intentional or just that they didnt want to show the car since it was a VERY hard act to follow... One of lifes mysteries!

If i remember correctly when the Z33 was first announced top gear had a line up of z cars, a 240, 260 280 and also a Z31, (they also had members of the z club there, anyone we know??) but no Z32 to be seen as they wanted to state the the z car had started off wonderful and got steadily worse over the years, and the 350z was the supposid revival.

Hmmm, don't remember that one - but Clarkson did that in his "hot metal" video, when a line of Z's raced down a run-way... It was my 350 he was driving that got whooped by Gio's 300 - point he was trying to prove there was that it was cars getting heavier that slowed them down. Which I think isn't quite right, since the Z32 was roughly the same weight AFAIK.