Indiglo Gauges - an alternative

Guest Auto Illusions

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in.

Only need to know about the 300zx logo blanking plates are they an optional extra for noth boost and oil ?. How much extra ?

Once we got this info I'll start a poll to see how much interest we got.

Originally posted by silverzed

very interested, BUT how do they fit onto our existing dials if there is no needle removal needed??

No, the hole in the middle of the dial is large enough to fit the needle though. So no need to recalibrate them afterwards.

Whats with the blanking plate? Why dont people want the Boost and oil part?

Stuart

Guest Auto Illusions

300zxdialsday.gif

This what the kit will contain. Fuel, Temp, Speed (in MPH of course), Taco, Oil pressure, Boost and 300zx Panel are interchangeable.

Guest Auto Illusions

Can i get those interested to email rgill@portwize.com i need your email address and real name.

It looks like we have 18 so far. Im sure once the design in finalised the numbers will boost up.

Originally posted by Auto Illusions

From a business point of view, removing the i-Dials logo is suicide. We only do this when we manufacture 100 units at a time for say Ford or TTR.

but taking the logo off means more sales = good buisness ;)

Plus with you being an Aussie company I don't reckon you'll get much trade from people seeing your logo and giving you a bell.

IMHO you'd get your extra trade from other Z owners looking in our cars at shows and asking us where we got the dials from !

;)

Guest Auto Illusions

True true, our exports are almost as big as the local market. Products going to NZ, Japan, Switzerland. Trying to establish a brand as best as we can.

Just got an email from Richard about these dials

He's under the impression most of us want them in km per hour not mph so it need clarifying before we order them as not to end up with the wrong uns.

I think he knows that we want it in KPH.

He may be refering to the KPH, cos the Jap/OZ KPH speedo is the same as the UK MPH.

From the conversations I have had with him, they will be 180mph dials, and if you have a Jap car, they will work with them too.

Stuart

Sorry to confuse you all even further, but I've just been on the phone to Luke at the Zcentre.

He offers dials of any colour combination, ie silver dials with blue characters and a red redline zone on the tacho.

He already has the templates made up, along with characters such as 'Z', '300ZX', Nismo, and can put these characters where we like on the dials. He can also create one or two other logos if required, ie 'twin turbo', or even the new 350z 'Z' logo.

We wouldn't all need to have the same colour combinations, just not too many choices of logo between us.

He'd also have no problem supplying different options for TT's and non-turbos as he supplies one large dial for NAs rather than the same one as a TT with a blanking plate in the gap, so on a NA you don't see a gap at all.

You can see one option of his dials on the Zcentre site, but remember he can change the colours, the logos, and remove the KPH scale so that the logos fit better.

Another thing he pointed out is that the UK and Jap spec gauges are NOT quite the same. Apparently the 180 mark on a uk spec is in the same place as the 190 mark on a jap spec, so one design will not be completely accurate for both models. Luke has different templates for Jap and UK spec Zs.

If you have aftermarket boost gauge, or an NA you can have the speedo speeds extend up to 200mph !!! Needle will go that far ! This would be extra unless there are about 10 people who go for this option.

Luke says £75 + vat (£88) for the dials, and £30 if you want him to fit them for you.

Delivery time will depend on artwork and colour but should be approx 4 weeks.

Cheers !

konrad :cool:

Guest Auto Illusions

I guess the only difference between the reverse Indiglo and plastic printed faces is that you can change the colour and brightness of the numbers on the indiglo ones. From light blue through to a greenish blue. The digital inverter which is upplied has 4 levels of brightness and 4 different colours of blue.

I intended on making these in MPH.

I already have the Jap spec dash templates, I am just going to compare them with the UK. I will be making the MPH markings exactly the same position as the stock ones, so they will be accurate.

Just let me know what final figure you want on the dash, do you want them like the MINE'S dash? And just get your speedos recalibrated? I have the intsrtuctions on ow to do it. Although it is not a DIY procedure, but im sure there is someone over there that does instrument recalibration.

Thanks for your emails guys keep em coming.

Originally posted by Devil

So what is the advantages of reverse indiglo compaired to normal white/silver with blue bulb. I can understand normal indiglo as the whole dials lights up nice but whats with the reverse?

Indiglo dials the whole dial lights up but the numbers are black. Reverse glow the dial remains dark but the numbers glow up.

If the reverse indiglow dials are black with illuminated digits etc then might as well go for normal backlit ones, I reckon, which can then be different colours during the day and at night.

With the dual benefits of being able to specify what logos I want (and don't want!) on the dials and having a uk supplier that I've dealt with many times before I think I'll go for Luke's option, and save on the waiting time too !

Guess I'm luckier than most living in Nottingham, so close to Luke. Means I can nip across and see products before I buy ;)

:cool:

Guest Auto Illusions

I have sent a set of KM/hr Dials over to SRRAE, hopefully that will put some minds at ease about the product and whether or not it exists.

I have a completed draft of the MPH dials and will post shortley (as soon as my FTP program works again). Thanks for your emails and feedback.