Zed design flaws

To make those peeps who are selling their Zed feel a little less bad I thought i would start a thread on Zed design flaws.

The thing that most winds me up about the Zed is that you cant put anything that looks valuable - eg a laptop bag in the boot as its quite easy to see through the front windscreen!

Anyone got any others?

To make those peeps who are selling their Zed feel a little less bad I thought i would start a thread on Zed design flaws.

The thing that most winds me up about the Zed is that you cant put anything that looks valuable - eg a laptop bag in the boot as its quite easy to see through the front windscreen!

Anyone got any others?

poor headlights and non adjustable steering wheel but the 8 way adjustable seat is a good alternative:)

The being able to see into boot would be SWB only problem I presume you mean

I'd say the Series1 Climate control is a bit of a design flaw. The automatic flow direction is a pita, as it does'nt always (in fact make that rarely) point the airflow where you want it. Series 2 onwards was a great improvement.

oh..and tweed...thats a visual design flaw :rofl:

The fact that the 300ZX was well before its time causes me to think that they could have made a better car out of the 350Z? Maybe the GTR is that car? But apart from that fact I think the 300ZX could have been a whole lot worst and therefore consider it to be spot on. The only flaws really are in the design. IMO. But thats what the 80's was all about............Poor design. :rolleyes:

Nothing that a few mods cant fix though.

Wipers that have to have one last go before you switch them off.

talking of which, is it only mine that when you turn them off, remain half way up the screen?!

Guest 300zx_girl

the targa roofs thingys - when its stopped raining, you open your window - turn a corner and all the water been sat on the roof is now on your lap.

the boot lid - dont know if its because of my spoiler(s) but when its been raining and you open the boot, all the water runs into the boot :(

(if im even making sense)

Oh yeah - why DOES the wiper have one last go when you turn it off - Id forgotten all about that - I really notice it when I turn off the wipers on a "normal" car!

what about the temperature, boost and oil pressure gauges - NONE of which you can trust!!

i nearly didnt buy the car because of this reason. Luckily tho, the one i got had back seats, a pull out boot cover, blacked out windows.

the boot lid - dont know if its because of my spoiler(s) but when its been raining and you open the boot, all the water runs into the boot

that pisses me off the most, just washed the car, open the boot to do the inside, all the water drips in, all over the speakers, then u get the dirty water mark all the way down.

i nearly didnt buy the car because of this reason. Luckily tho, the one i got had back seats, a pull out boot cover, blacked out windows.

that pisses me off the most, just washed the car, open the boot to do the inside, all the water drips in, all over the speakers, then u get the dirty water mark all the way down.

Oh that last one really pi55es me off! I get it all the time :mad: my £80 speakers turn to a lake for water

all the little pipes and bits and pieces down towards the tubs, nuts and bolts etc that are already hidden under the sides of the plenium, you need to get a spanner on them, either you have to have octupus arms or no bones in your body, or the smallest hands in the world. When you eventually get a spanner down there it drops into eternal darkness and is lost for ever as you hope and pray that it falls to the ground..................NO CHANCE

Anyone got any others?

No probs for me.... i got a tailgat tub...... dont matter how you look at teh car you aint ever gonna see in my boot lol....

But my contribution......

Head lights were crap...but HID are a massive improvement

S1 heater controls, agin can be up graded to S2

Brakes... smiths Kit is a vast improvement.

TBH all the flaws that i and everybody have pointed out can be rectified in one way or another, you not "stuck with any flaws, you can up grade or retro fit later model item in to the earlier models to rectify....

so all good then.

;)

Darkside:

On the SWB you can see into the boot by looking through the WINDSCREEN between the two front seats!

Oh, one other design "flaw"on the SWB is the location of the windscreen washer reservior - after i bought the car it took me about an hour to find it as I was crawling all over the engine bay!

The left hand pod plastic. Very easy to break the screw holders for the hazzard lights. Actually, it's usually broken in most Zeds!

Changing front and side lights are a pain in the ass and takes a lot longer then it should do!

the targa roofs thingys - when its stopped raining, you open your window - turn a corner and all the water been sat on the roof is now on your lap.

The simple solution is to drive faster and let the roof blow dry before you open the window :rolleyes::cool::p;)