Smoking (1st July 2007)

As posted on the Z club Forum.....

I have for about 20 years now been trying to give it up (on and off). Well I have managed a 3 month stint but it got me and I started again. That was 3 years ago. I am seriously thinking about having another go and what better time to go for it than the 1st of July?

"Is there anyone else" who would like to join me and give it up?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SiFocusUK

i've been smoking for 10 years now and really am going to give up soon. I'm not sure if i can do the 1st july though due to the amount of advertising etc going on at the moment and constantly reminding me of cigarettes and smoking ! i think i'm going to be best off when its died down a bit and there arent so many reminders. i know it may come across as a feeble excuse but i genuinely think thats going to be the best way for me personally.

I don't smoke, have tried it, found it disgusting. I can't wait until the weekend after next!!! The ban in public places can't come soon enough! :dance:

The only time I've smoked and enjoyed it was a friend's peace pipe. Was full of ice in the bulb, so super cool smoke, the top was filled with vanilla flavored tobacco and also quite a bit of weed. Now that was quite pleasant.

Guest 300zx_girl

4 months since I've stopped!

Have the odd one if Im stressed or out drinking.... but nothing major like before!!

Bring on the 1st July! :D

Guest 300zx_girl

totally.... I was one of the muppets who were like - love smoking, screw the ban blah blah - but in all honesty..... I am less grumpy (well sometimes lol), more energetic and actually feel alot better.

I still get the odd moment when I see someone smoking and Im like 'wish I had one' but try think of something else or do something and it soon passes....

Good luck though guys! If you want something bad enough you can do it! xxx

My Boss is coming in tonight to give us the run down. No smoking in the vans. TBH how stupid is that law? I just think as I said its time now to knock it on the head.

Glad I quit when I did 3 years ago. Still get the moments when i could murder a smoke tho...... :headvswal just have to say NO! :duffer:

i had quit as good as but i have started putting weight one, so sod it!!

i have one as and when i fancy one, it will not affect beer gardens will it?

we can still smoke outdoors at work so i dhould imagine you will be able to in beer gardens!

Guest 300zx_girl

The fines are hectic....

Failure to display correct signs = Fixed penalty £200, reduced to £150 if paid within 15 days or if ends up in court = Level 3 (£1,000)

Smoking in a smokefree place = £50 reducible to £30 if paid within 15 days or if ends up in court = Level 1 (£200)

Failing to prevent smoking in a smokefree place = A fixed penalty for this offence is only available in Scotland. This is £200 reducible to £150 if paid within 15 days or if ends up in court = Level 4 (£2,500)

i really do not know why folk would get offended at others having a fag outside, maybe they should ban fatty food in public places seems as the whole country is slowly becoming obesce and their treatment is costing the NHS a fortune, maybe we should impose higher taxes on cream cakes!!

i really do not know why folk would get offended at others having a fag outside, maybe they should ban fatty food in public places seems as the whole country is slowly becoming obesce and their treatment is costing the NHS a fortune, maybe we should impose higher taxes on cream cakes!!
Yeah but you cant get obese from passive eating. :D

this is a smoke at places of work ban not a smoking ban a subtle difference....

i like the fella on the radio who said (in oppostion to so called smokers rights) the right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins but in the case of (your) smoke you say it can go right down my throat?!....:D

i would never smoke whilst people around me are eating, thats just plain rude and any one with any manners would not light up when folk are eating, it just gets my back up how i cant have a fag in a pub after a weeks graft, whats wrong with a smoking room and a NONE smoking room in drinking houses?

i suppose a beer garden is a difficult one because if its got walls round then technically isnt it an enclosed space??

i cant wait, be nice to go to the local as usual on a friday night and not come home stinking and my eyes and throat sore from all the smoke!!!

Guest andyduff
i suppose a beer garden is a difficult one because if its got walls round then technically isnt it an enclosed space??

i cant wait, be nice to go to the local as usual on a friday night and not come home stinking and my eyes and throat sore from all the smoke!!!

Just a pair of black eyes from the stressed out smokers who can't have a fag :rofl: