Losing the love with the Z

Serious now.

1 You cant sell your Z as you will make a loss

2 Why sell one of the best z32's in the uk/world.

3 You WILL regret it.

4 In another 10 years the 300zx will be a much sought after Jap performance car and that will be the time to sell.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold onto it and get a second toy, it’s not like you have payments to be made on it, it’s a beautiful car Simon and let’s face it, we all lose the love for the Z at some stage. I’m actually looking to change the house for when my cars are done, so that they can be stored indoors and tinkered away on, in my spare time. Get yourself a second garage (change your property to something that can store a couple of cars), but don’t sell the Z. We always see people returning on here looking to find reg no’s of the Z they sold as they miss them.

It’s a hobby car, if you got rid and bought a modern machine, what will you spend your spare time doing?? It won’t be looking for new OEM parts to fit to make your new toy stand out, as it’s new already, sure, you can swap out the wheels and maybe eek out a bit more power, but that’s it. Your Z is the cleanest, most newest car available due to your little updates on her, you won’t have any of that with a modern toy. The excitement of finding a NLA or Rare part will be gone. You’ll just have a generic modern car. Even the R35’s are becoming common, seen a 2010 Irish one and didn’t think anything of it (as there’s another 2 at the parents house). I’d definitely go the route of keeping it as your classic toy, store it somewhere close by that’ll mind it and that you can get to easy, when you feel like it, it costs nothing to feed etc. Get yourself something that you won’t lose a fortune on when you tire of it. Clean F-Types, Aston’s, Porsche’s etc. can be easily replaced but finding another Z in the condition/quality of your Z can’t :thumbup1:

Ive had a lot of zeds in the past starting right back in the early 2000,s...The stage i got to before i sold my last one was the way a car can take over your life in a un-healthy way, worrying about rain when your out,not wanting to drive unless it was gleaming,updating all the time with parts that did,nt really need updating and it had become not a hobby but a obession and something had to give:blushing: so FOR SALE came and went and i was that convicted in my decision i let our own Jaikai take all my bits including a complete engine for 2 peanuts and a grape...my mind was clear and i could start enjoying life again without worrying about matching bolt heads and machine screws with the slots facing the same way,oh and i never cried about driving in the rain ever again:wink: Fantastic cars but they can cloud your outlook on the important things in life!!

Edited by znut

Ive had a lot of zeds in the past starting right back in the early 2000,s...The stage i got to before i sold my last one was the way a car can take over your life in a un-healthy way, worrying about rain when your out,not wanting to drive unless it was gleaming,updating all the time with parts that did,nt really need updating and it had become not a hobby but a obession and something had to give:blushing: so FOR SALE came and went and i was that convicted in my decision i let our own Jaikai take all my bits including a complete engine for 2 peanuts and a grape...my mind was clear and i could start enjoying life again without worrying about matching bolt heads and machine screws with the slots facing the same way,oh and i never cried about driving in the rain ever again:wink: Fantastic cars but they can cloud your outlook on the important things in life!!

Very sober words Bri and of course you're right. Most of us here have an addiction to these machines and some more than others. At the end of the day if I had to sell (needed the money) I would but until then I will enjoy it, drive it and mother it. I take care of all our cars and have done for 40 years now. Once a petrol head always a petrol head.

it's normal, there are always ups and downs

Simon, I have a solution, you leave your Z in my garage with my Z and you buy the exotic car that you want.

If,you meet your mistake, you sell your exotic car and you come home take your Z :grand sourire:

good idea :taper:

Very sober words Bri and of course you're right. Most of us here have an addiction to these machines and some more than others. At the end of the day if I had to sell (needed the money) I would but until then I will enjoy it, drive it and mother it. I take care of all our cars and have done for 40 years now. Once a petrol head always a petrol head.

Hey Gary i am right with you mate over enjoying these fantastic cars and yes of course we ALL are petrol heads thats why we log on every day and know pretty much all there is to know about these cars and long may it live:wink: Ime just kinda giving the way things were with me and what swung my decision to sell,which i always said i would never do:lol::lol:

Hey Gary i am right with you mate over enjoying these fantastic cars and yes of course we ALL are petrol heads thats why we log on every day and know pretty much all there is to know about these cars and long may it live:wink: Ime just kinda giving the way things were with me and what swung my decision to sell,which i always said i would never do:lol::lol:

I know what you went through mate and how you now have a different aspect on life and we can all learn from someone who has been given a second bite at the apple. :thumbup1:

This may sound callous! But it's a car!

If your fed up with it, then get rid! If there are so many admirers of your Z then they will buy it!

We get attached to things because that is our species

I have a zed cos I like it ! I had one ten years ago, sold & like said regretted it!

So I have another!

Si get real you will not sell it! As great a zed it is, who's going to buy it? & what price?

Art

If I was you I would figure out a way of keeping it because of the amount of time invested in it more than the ££. But I know what you are saying, I had to own 3 Z32s before I realised it wasn't the car for me anymore.

I am now on my 3rd VXR8 after finally getting the colour and combo that I wanted....and there really is no comparison to be honest. The only drawback is the attention it receives at every car park and every petrol station.

- - - Updated - - -

...and the £500 odd per year road fund license of course.

That car will always be knwn as your car. Stick it in storage or in a museum, the cost of storage and keeping it will be minimal. Buy another car and enjoy it. 10 years from now motoring will be something very different from today and you might appreciate the value of what you currently have even more. You go into so much detail over your Z it needs to be well looked after whatever happens with it.

My 2p worth :)

The Z32 is never going to be the car you want it to be Si. Your anal attention to detail and investment will never be rewarded, they are money pits. They amount of cash invested into your car over the years you could of brought something far better and more prestigious. I know that seems like a weird thing to say but it’s realistic. I say this in a similar position to you. They’re great cars to drive but they are what they are.

The Z32 is never going to be the car you want it to be Si. Your anal attention to detail and investment will never be rewarded, they are money pits. They amount of cash invested into your car over the years you could of brought something far better and more prestigious. I know that seems like a weird thing to say but it’s realistic. I say this in a similar position to you. They’re great cars to drive but they are what they are.

erm well said again Stephen....

With the level of attention you have put into the car, it would be a travesty to sell it based on just a feeling and whim.

Storing it temporarily while you try something else would be a better option, as you would not have the sellers remorse, and will have the opportunity to go back to it in the future and see if you still feel the same way, in which case that is the better time to sell.

If it was a car that you could easily pick up another in the same condition, like the modern cars you mention, then it wouldn't be such a hard choice, the regret will hit you hard if you make a snap decision.

As others have said, I think you have let it consume your life too much the last year or so, and probably need some time away from it to reflect on the decision to sell, knowing that it is still available to you for a while.

This is a serious suggestion Si If you want another car go and buy it. What you could do with the zed is ask a museum like Haynes if they would like to show it for a period that you determine. That way you would still own it and know it's the right environment and give you time with new motor to decide what you really want

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just stick it up for sale and stop poncing around ffs! [emoji38]

Not but really, stick it up for sale and see what interest you get. No doubt this will be up there with one of the most expensive Z’s sold in many years and it could be a case of “could you sell it” whilst it takes a while to find the right buyer. This will give you time to stew at the reality of parting ways and could make you see the light!

This is a serious suggestion Si If you want another car go and buy it. What you could do with the zed is ask a museum like Haynes if they would like to show it for a period that you determine. That way you would still own it and know it's the right environment and give you time with new motor to decide what you really want

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

With the greatest respect would a museum want something that resembled a UN-modified example..Surely the purists would require a Nissan colour to the car ..

Yes and yes.....:thumbup:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I have had 4 people PM me wanting to buy it, thank you chaps, much appreciated.

I am still at a quandary. I think for now, it stays until at least after ZCON later this year. I will probably buy a Corvette C6 Z06 as I've always fancied one but will stuff the Z away for a while although I didn't want to lay out that much on another vehicle when I already have 2 taking up space.. I might even put it on display at the Haynes Motor Museum.