UK OEM Wheel and tyre size

Hi All,

I have a correct set of UK spec OEM alloys that I have just had completely refurbished and was wondering what size tyres to fit?? What make tyres came from the factory?? I have searched but can't find any info on this and I am currently 6000 miles away from my car trying to organise tyre fitment this week!! Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ryan

UK sizes were 225/50-16 front and 245/45-16 rear. IIRC

The rear is a proper oddball size with a limited choice of brands available.

Yup - exactly as Pete says...... This is the same OEM tyre size as the Porsche 928s4 - so the 245/45/16 are out there; but at a price! I think Toyo and Bridgestone still make them though.

And Continental will no doubt supply them in Porsche fitment - the Sport N2 probably....:wink:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I have Michelin's (245/45-16) at the back, which have been on car some years now. Believe you can still occasionally get them, but at a price.

Your right! Michelin MXX3 tyres are pictured on the car in my UK marketing brochure.

These guys still have them - love the description they give for them - "Old timer's tyres":

https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres/michelin/pilot-sx-mxx3/245-45-r16-0-zr.html

Edited by AndrewG

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

From memory the Michelin's have been on car for about 7 years. The production date is 2008 from memory, as I know they were 'a few years' when I got them at a good price.

Think you can find Pirelli P Zero Rosso as well in 245/45-16.

From memory the Michelin's have been on car for about 7 years. The production date is 2008 from memory, as I know they were 'a few years' when I got them at a good price.

Think you can find Pirelli P Zero Rosso as well in 245/45-16.

They're 10 years old then, they really are overdue for replacement even if you have plenty of tread left of them.