UK Nissan 300zx

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

From what I see it just needs a new rear spoiler, front wheels changed round and thats it. Check for rust of course and when timing belt was last done but at that price in that condition with low miles and a UK Z its a no brainer.

That's a bit of a bargain. Hope the new owner puts the front wheels on the right sides :)

I think someone in the market for a Z32 should pull their finger out and hotfoot it over to Berkshire!

Woah! 57k likely genuine being a uk model, at least more likely than a JDM. If I was in the market I'd be paying that car serious attention, looks honest from the pictures and the price is very fair.

Yes, yes and yes.....:bow: It's always good to see such examples out there. I really hope that's as good as it looks; and that the new owner looks after it...:clover:

And do a deal for that plate also.:yes:

Agreed - it would not look so appropriate on any other marque...:wink:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

No wonder the originally seller never got back to me...bloody traders

Looking at another car marque tomorrow morning car looks very promising, dont think I will be hanging around for a 300zx after all :surrender:

When a Z like that comes up for sale you need to be very quick. I bet the trader bought it over the phone and has not even collected it yet.

Fortunately for traders they can just throw working capital at cars and take a chance - most private buyers would have to at least look at something unless it was peanuts cheap and you take a punt.

Same happened with that Strosek one, guy paid £7k or whatever and now has it up for £15k (which it isnt worth clearly as no one is touching it).

So, the H3OOX registration has now been removed from this car and is now back on its (I assume) original mark H949CWS. I did a little bit of digging for any potential buyers and this is what I found:

Between 2005 and 2008 the car was seemingly off the road as it had no mot during that time. In Oct 2008 it was put in for a test with a recorded 56,770 miles on the clock; it failed on a few things detailed below but nothing that I would consider too serious. 2 months later, in Dec '08 it was put in for another test at a different garage and failed again, on reasonably minor "wear and tear items" (seemingly not structural at least). A couple of days later it was passed by the same garage on the same mileage so we can assume that this garage did some work on it.

At this point, the car seems to go off the road again for a couple of years and is not MOT'd until Mar '11 after covering only 23 miles in this time. The test was carried out at the same centre that failed it the first time back in '08, this time it passed with a couple of front suspension play advisories.

The next MOT was in Feb '12 with a deteriorated front tyre advisory but passed @ 56,917 miles. In Apr '13 it failed its MOT on emissions and a windscreen washer fault showing 56,930 miles, and was then off the road until its recent MOT in January this year at the same test centre. The mileage recorded then was 56,961 where it passed with no advisories.

So, in summary, information available suggests that the mileage is indeed genuine and if this car has been dry stored in the years it has spent parked up (possibly the reason for the emission failures), then there's a good chance that it has avoided the harsh winters which could result in structural issues and corrosion. Obviously a car that has only covered around 250 miles in 10 years will likely come with issues related to that so buyer beware on that front! Otherwise, it's definitely worth a good inspection for what could potentially be a very good clean car, albeit at a hiked up price which I feel is more reflective of the current climate than the original sale.

Here are some screenshots of the MOT history. This should go back to 2005 but as this car only starts from 2008, would assume that it was off the road during this period. If the car comes with old MOT certs from before this time, you will get a better idea of usage before this.

6c3de8c79bd95d0934bed45e1a0e4f2d.jpg

df1291aa6bf202ea028770e88e91c8c4.jpg

11d07d7f1d993c4803aae06b66bbc0eb.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the car as it is now:

8644e65ed7dab4a49e0943c0b0c45b06.jpg

87809cbcfb1c43f8a3c791cf9ffee1cb.jpg

4a76912b32a6002e705dfa9b1a255e12.jpg

58a0b0a624b7541bb82c7cbb2114cfbf.jpg

Hope this helps any perspective buyers,

Joel.