Importing something yourself.

And knowing my luck, people will start bumping the prices even more for those few days of summer just because the roof panels come out. :(

Just save up or a while - you don't need to be in so much haste. Good ones do appear from time-to-time. There's a TT Auto on ebay for around £3.5k. If you could scrape that together and then over time, get a manual conversion done to it, you'll be quids in.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, however whilst that is the case, I can't see importers going crazy on them like they did, say, 10 years ago. The market has shrunk and I can't see hoards being imported like they were in the boom-time years, thankfully, thus keeping the market buoyant. They reached the bottom of their depreciation curve about 2 or 3 years ago.

I also believe that it's now getting increasingly hard to find good ones in Japan. They have seemingly turned into the retro-classic that they were destined for.

I have been watching the import auctions for the last month and you are right, I think I have seen one I would have gone for but only saw it about 30 minutes before the auction started - fair play to Jurgen I mailed him at 9:30pm on his work email and he responded within 10 minutes! I just dont like to rush into a car purchase with 30 mins notice so declined to bid, but havent seen anything worthwhile since...

I am hoping so, I have a budget of around £5k which I think puts me in a reasonable position to want a fairly good condition car, its just finding one...have to say I am tempted to try something else if nothing comes up in the next month or so though, I cannot keep driving the wifes Focus around for the next 6 months...haha

Hang out for a Z32 chap, for 5k there is no better car of this category out there in my opinion.

I agree, however whilst that is the case, I can't see importers going crazy on them like they did, say, 10 years ago. The market has shrunk and I can't see hoards being imported like they were in the boom-time years, thankfully, thus keeping the market buoyant. They reached the bottom of their depreciation curve about 2 or 3 years ago.

I also believe that it's now getting increasingly hard to find good ones in Japan. They have seemingly turned into the retro-classic that they were destined for.

Dead right....

.....Not only are there fewer Z32s in Japan; but 10 years ago, the Z32s were around 10-15 years old and grey import cars were big business. Not so much now they are 20-25 years old though - and for that matter, just how many cars (of any marque) are being imported from Japan compared to 10 years ago? I haven't seen half the import dealers that used to be dotted around the country; and I suspect those cars which are being brought over are much newer stuff like 350zs 370zs GTRs even. Something where the dealers can still turn a profit becayse there's value in them.

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: