concorde tour

Guest 300zx_girl
no at manchester airport gaz

did you find the car park alright :x:

:D

Edited by 300zx_girl

dont get why they have grounded them all, there still the most advanced passenger plane there is

apparantly they still have hours on the airframes ect but the logistics is cost preventive as in service crew...oh and theres no spare parts anymore the guide said:(

Glad you had a good day mate!

Julia and I had a look around one at The Brooklands Museum on my birthday this year. It was/is an awesome piece of kit; the video presentation almost moved me to shed a tear.............to think such a technological masterpiece will not fly again:(

Bloody Americans - if they had invented it, you can bet they would not have had a hand in taking it out of service;)

Richard

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Fantastic bit of kit

had a brief flight in it with my missus for her birthday

Only from Heathrow to Manchester felt like royalty when we landed with all the people clapping and waving as it landed

Very uncomfortable seats for me though as they are so narrow

But hey at least I had a flight in one even if never got to full speed

Fantastic bit of kit

had a brief flight in it with my missus for her birthday

Only from Heathrow to Manchester felt like royalty when we landed with all the people clapping and waving as it landed

Very uncomfortable seats for me though as they are so narrow

But hey at least I had a flight in one even if never got to full speed

:bow::bow: you lucky bugger Steve

I too, was fortunate to fly on it, not long before it went out of service :hyper:

Thanks to one of my mates, I managed to get me and the missus to New York for about 2k (which was a bloody bargain as this included a first class return from Denver too), so I took her for her birthday. Nearly didn't make the hotel the night before as (believe it or not) the Z broke down LOL.

Anyhow, the extra thrust down the run-way and the strange darkness when you look up at 60000 feet cruising made for an awesome experience, as did watching the big speedo thing clock over Mach 2.1 - nice.

I have to say a great experience from the Concorde lounge to the extra fast unload of your luggage, a fantastic piece of kit and a sad, sad loss... :cry:

Heard a programme on radio 4 not long ago that said that building a 2x speed of sound passenger jet at the time was probably a bigger challenge than putting a man on the moon... Marvellous.

CheerZ,

JB.

Those pics bring back memories!

I've been on it a number of times back in the late '90. Worked for AT&T and needed to be in New York a lot on short notice. As I worked in Hong Kong at the time it was usually Virgin Atlantic Upper Class to Heathrow and then on to JFK on Concord. Believe it or not, this was quicker than flying HK to LAX or SFO to JFK! God I miss the days when someone else was paying for my tickets!

God I miss the days when someone else was paying for my tickets!

Ain't that the truth - now I run my own company, it's right back in the cheap seats!! :smw:

Trouble is, once you've got used to turning right as you get on a jumbo it's a bitter pill to see other boogers nipping up there!

Still, at least that frees up cash to spend on other things!! :nana2:

CheerZ,

JB.