GC coilovers vs Tein S tech springs...

Does any1 have an idea of the ride comfort (lets base it on spring rate?) comparitively for the ground control coilovers and tein s tech springs?

The tein spring rates are documented and dont look too 'back breaking' (200lbin front and 190lbin rear) but the gc setup, that i could find, is not printed.

Madmarco is running a gc setup and he says its not bad too drive but is 'stiff', though i understand that gc have several different applications depending on what the customer desires... Has any1 experienced or can you shed some light on the differences between the 2 setups?

Im currently running kyb agx and eibach set to mid settings for general road and motorway use... the ride comfort is excellent but the ride height looks naff so i want something a little more aggressive without sacrificing 'too' much comfort.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I enquired with No Limit Motorsport about the Ground Control spring rates when I bought mine, mate, and they told me the standard spring rates which Ground Control produce for the zed are 350lbs/front and 250lbs/rear. Can't comment on the ride myself as I'll be putting them on the car when it comes back from the garage........HTH!

Does any1 have an idea of the ride comfort (lets base it on spring rate?) comparitively for the ground control coilovers and tein s tech springs?

The tein spring rates are documented and dont look too 'back breaking' (200lbin front and 190lbin rear) but the gc setup, that i could find, is not printed.

Madmarco is running a gc setup and he says its not bad too drive but is 'stiff', though i understand that gc have several different applications depending on what the customer desires... Has any1 experienced or can you shed some light on the differences between the 2 setups?

Im currently running kyb agx and eibach set to mid settings for general road and motorway use... the ride comfort is excellent but the ride height looks naff so i want something a little more aggressive without sacrificing 'too' much comfort.

Hi Joely

I had these on the Zed with Koni Pro sport ajustable dampers and they were brilliant for every day use and faired well on track. A little firmer than the standard Eibach spings I had on before but not uncomfortable. They G C coilovers springs are made by Eibache and I was lead to believe they are progressive but not as much as the standard lowering springs.

I have got one car with Teins on and another with Hollins and to be honest I'm thinking of flogging the Teins and going back to Koni Pro Sports and G C. They seem to be the best compromise. The Teins are great on smooth roads, but shity average A and B roads knocks the crap out of you and means you seldom have all 4 wheels on the groung. I do drive like a made b4stard though.

Ask madmarco what he thinks of them as he as them also