alectric aerieal, still get reception with it down?

i dont really like the aeriel up on the ZX.

is there a fuse or something i can remove, so that the signal goes to the actual aerial, but without it shooting up 40 foot in the air?

looks much sleeker when its down

You could just unplug it in the boot. It has two plugs, one for power to the motor and one for the aerial.

I doubt you'll get much reception with it down though. Some people have removed the aerial, had it smoohted over at a bodyshop and fitted an amplified internal aerial.

I dunno what its like in the uk, but my aerial has never gone up since i brought the car and my radio reception is perfect. I decided to investigate and found the rope in my aerial was missing so i brought a second hand working aerial and found theres no power getting to the aerial. I plan to get it fixed one day. But it doesnt affect my recepetion when its down.

I dunno what its like in the uk, but my aerial has never gone up since i brought the car and my radio reception is perfect. I decided to investigate and found the rope in my aerial was missing so i brought a second hand working aerial and found theres no power getting to the aerial. I plan to get it fixed one day. But it doesnt affect my recepetion when its down.

OVer here i had my ariel down but the remote wire (blue with white lines for me) was cut because i use to have a sub inside one of my old cars.

Having that wire cut stops the ariel from coming up, hope it helps :duffer:

OVer here i had my ariel down but the remote wire (blue with white lines for me) was cut because i use to have a sub inside one of my old cars.

Having that wire cut stops the ariel from coming up, hope it helps :duffer:

Well When i investigated my aerial i found this disconnected

Antenna1.jpg

and all the wiring seems to be normal and no breaks or cuts.

I connected it to this grey box but it didnt make a difference to the aerial going up.

Antenna2box.jpg

I found there was a bit of a difference in reception when mine packed in on the purple one.

If you get an ampplified internal one for a ford granada (about £5 from the scrappy) power goes in and the standard plug goes in the other side. You could fit in the same spot or even better the boot lid and it'd work a treat. Was thinking of doing that when i get the zed resprayed and remove the power ariel.