Metal Cleaner

I can't remember the name of the metal cleaner that people suggested to repolish my somewhat dull blingy bits.

It was mingings, mermets or muggings or something like that but been thinking for a good hour or so now and I just can;t remember the name of it.

Anyone help out ?

I can't remember the name of the metal cleaner that people suggested to repolish my somewhat dull blingy bits.

It was mingings, mermets or muggings or something like that but been thinking for a good hour or so now and I just can;t remember the name of it.

Anyone help out ?

Do you mean Meguiars ?

Autosol is best for metal though

Depends on what you're using it for. If it's for polished alloy, I'd suggest doing as I do and first use Autosol which has quite a moderate cut, buff off and then use 'Brilliant' alloy and metal polish with an applicator pad and then buff off. It's a much finer cut and will reduce any swirls that you have have got through Autosol. It'll leave it with a much deeper shine too.

If you're just using it on Stainless, then use Autosol on its own. I think you're using it on your exhaust tips aren't you? If they are really bad, then use some strong alloy wheel cleaner to agitate the nasty bits, scrub off, then polish with autosol.

That's guys.

Meguiars was the one mentioned to me that I could not remember, but I'll try autosol.

The exhaust tips are fine, they are chrome with chrome back boxes so the soot just wipes off with a sponge and water. It was more for the engine bay.

My wheels are unlaquered ally and just started using "Belgom Alu".

Its a bright metal polish but contains wax so resists dulling and oxidation for longer. did them about 3 weeks ago and still look bright.

Heres some clicky pics of before and after :D

Before :(

th_PICT0419.jpg

After :eek:

th_PICT0422.jpg

th_PICT0421.jpg

BLOODY HELL!!

They came up well :bow:

Belgom is the Daddy of aluminium polishing.

I second that, but always end up buying autosol as it's always on the shelf! LOL

I've used Belgom a number of times and it's much nicer to use and gives better results over autosol.

My wheels are unlaquered ally and just started using "Belgom Alu".

Its a bright metal polish but contains wax so resists dulling and oxidation for longer. did them about 3 weeks ago and still look bright.

Heres some clicky pics of before and after :D

Before :(

th_PICT0419.jpg

After :eek:

th_PICT0422.jpg

th_PICT0421.jpg

oi... dont rub it in :bow: you gonna sell me your car yet? :tongue: