PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

Sold my Wii that I bought 2 months ago for almost double the price I bought it :). Supply and Demand is nice at christmas.

Wifey gets a new coat and boots and I get either an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Can't decided between the two so need some help. Pro's and Con's of the two of them.

Can anyone give me some feedback ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi stu.

i just got the PS3 & its a great system IMO. was thinking myself PS3 or Xbox360, decided on the Sony as its a better spec machine.

Xbox 360 wins hands down on available games, but sony always kicks arse in the end with that & think it wont be long before it catches up! all decent new games are out on PS3 now anyway.

its got a built in BlueRay player, upscales normal DVD's to 1080p, xbox needs a seperate HD drive to achieve the same.

free to get online with the PS3, built in web browser

can stream media from your PC, music, video, photos

built in photo viewer

wifi built in

just all seems a nice complete system!

I looked into this quite carefully and went with the PS3 just after the recent price drop. The existing games are superb (we could just do with a few more of 'em!) The Bluray quality is amazing as is the standard DVD upscaling. Just got hold of The Simpsons game and it's a blast :D

Have set my PC up as a media server (using TVersity) and can play all of my music and movies (inc DIVX) straight onto the box in the lounge. This was a huge plus!

Overall very pleased with my experience so far - absolutely no regrets!

CheerZ

Steve :)

i have both and at the moment, i'm playing either (playing mario and metroid on Wii) ps3 needs more games that are good that you cant get on 360 because i buy it 360 every time as its usually the best version and the pad is better. The ps3 will come good when GT5 (even though i thought the demo they gave us was cr@p) and MGS4, but by the time sony get there act together what will microsoft have up there sleave cause sony keep saying PS3 will last 10 years i dont see it at all. as to which one to get, see which type of games you want to play and get that system becuase there isn't that much differance in games, but for all the hype of the PS3 as a games machine it has really dissapointed me. yes it has blu-ray and scrathes your @rse but i bought it for gaming and so far i have kept only one game that i have bought and sold the rest :confused:

stewiedoom1.gif

Thanks fo the feed back guys.

I already have an X-box.

Do the old X-box controllers fit the new 360 ?.

also do the old X-box games work on the 360 ?.

If so I may just go with the 360 purely for that reason, plus it's cheaper than the ps3.

I have a feeling that my wifes coat and boots will be a little more expensive than I previously imagined !

Ok so if I go for the 360, any reccomendations of where to buy (games also) ?. Or are they all pretty much the same place ?

right just bought a 360 because of the following reasons

1, ps3 has removed backwards compatability on the 40gb ps3 model meaning it wont play ps2 games at all

2, even though the ps3 is more advanced the gpu is inferior to the 360 the design of the ps3 cell system means the fill rate and draw rate of the 360 is better

3, developers of games are struggling with the ps3 architecture and getting decent results from it are labour intensive meaning the 360 will see games way before the ps3

4 yeah gt5 is gonna be awesome, if your willing to wait a year and a half past release date for a awesome game then fine buy a ps3.

4 yeah gt5 is gonna be awesome, if your willing to wait a year and a half past release date for a awesome game then fine buy a ps3.

and hopefully it wont be anything like the demo prolog cause IMO it was poor and for all the tits and glitz of the 360 and ps3 i have never been as impressed with a game as mario galaxy so many moments of genieus and real clever game design :bow:

stewiedoom1.gif

right just bought a 360 because of the following reasons

1, ps3 has removed backwards compatability on the 40gb ps3 model meaning it wont play ps2 games at all

2, even though the ps3 is more advanced the gpu is inferior to the 360 the design of the ps3 cell system means the fill rate and draw rate of the 360 is better

3, developers of games are struggling with the ps3 architecture and getting decent results from it are labour intensive meaning the 360 will see games way before the ps3

1, i got the 60gb version so plays my old stuff fine

2, everyone says the PS3 version games look better than the Xbox games, so regardless of all the tech stuff its still better :p

3, all new games appear to be released at the same time now across the 2 platforms

4, its still out soon now tho ;) :hyper:

PS3 :D

motion-sensitive controllers and plays Blu-Rays for cheaper than a Blu-Ray player! just make sure you get the 60gb one before theyre all sold out as like said above the cheaper 40gb ones arent backward compatible (not a major problem tho!)

yeah there are barely any decent games for it at the moment, but when developers get the hang of it then the games will be awesome! not knocking it but the 360 seems to have been around for ages.

oh, and get a HD-ready TV before your PS3 otherwise it looks shite, lol

games released on both systems the 360 is the better looking one the ps3 ones are not as sharp and textures are not as good. this isn't down to the systems, its down to the fact that the games been made are done so on the 360 or pc then ported to the ps3 look on euro gamer they compare every game thats released on 360 and ps3

stewiedoom1.gif

i personally prefer the 360 but the ps3 is better value for money.

the 360 has many more games availible as where the PS3 has better graphics and full of nice features.

don't be fooled by the lower cost of the 360!! PS3 has 3 times the size HD, Is also a blueray player, wireless internet as standared, Free playstation network etc. etc.