Some old dribbler just reversed into my car.

Old people should not be allowed to drive. Or at least made to take a retest at 60.

Popped into Waitrose for some food, was in the car park, line of cars jostling for space. Some old boy in is Renault Scenic infront of me over at a funny angle. He spots a space and puts it into reverse, before I'd had time to select reverse and for the cars behind me to back up...CRUNCH!

I beeped the horn but I don't even think he'd realised he'd hit me. So got out, asked if he was ok and told him he'd hit my car. He said 'have I'? LOL. Anyway, he was quite nice and apologetic over it all and gave me all the details I needed. Told me he looked in his mirror and pointed to the one on the driver's side and said that he didn't see me. I said if he'd looked in his other one then he'd have certainly seen me filling up his mirror!

Only trouble is, it happened on private land, ie Waitrose' car park...so not sure a claim could be made? Anyone know?

I would double check on the car park mate, in alot of supermarket cases, the carparks are joint owned between the retailer & and local council. i'ts usually a claus before granting planning permission. ;) Oh, and fair play to ya for asking the old guy if he was OK 1st. :bow:

Gutted for you Si!!

I know how you feel. The point is dispite having it repaired you will still know that the car has 2 sessions of paintwork. Mine just went in today to bave the bummper and wings done, 4k repaint! now it will have a secondary repair on it. You want to insist the repair is done by the same shop that did the repaint so its the same scheme and scales!!

All the luck

Allan

I forgot to say it was the Vectra not the Z...so not as concerned really. Shame yours has to go back in again Allan, I've still not seen it with its new paint.

Is that right Kim? I guess when land is at a premium that might be the case. Portishead being Portishead, I'd expect it to be part owned by the council. It's a Waitrose as well, not a Tesco or Sainsbury who tend to just buy large swathes of land.

I forgot to say it was the Vectra not the Z...so not as concerned really. Shame yours has to go back in again Allan, I've still not seen it with its new paint.

Is that right Kim? I guess when land is at a premium that might be the case. Portishead being Portishead, I'd expect it to be part owned by the council. It's a Waitrose as well, not a Tesco or Sainsbury who tend to just buy large swathes of land.

When I used to be a Security Guard Si, at a Tesco Store, there was a Race course directly oposite. on every race day, the race goers used to park in the Tesco car park, not allowing spaces for shoppers, and it used to boil my piss. when I looked into stopping them. I was told I could do nothing, as the car park was joint owned with the council, and the race course brought the town alot of money in. :rant:

could have guessed that due to your z just being a garage ornament ;) :D

When I used to be a Security Guard Si, at a Tesco Store, there was a Race course directly oposite. on every race day, the race goers used to park in the Tesco car park, not allowing spaces for shoppers, and it used to boil my piss. when I looked into stopping them. I was told I could do nothing, as the car park was joint owned with the council, and the race course brought the town alot of money in. :rant:

Slightly different with Portishead as it's quite a quiet place and not a lot happens here. Is that a widely known thing thing? IE, is it most supermarkets?

could have guessed that due to your z just being a garage ornament ;) :D

Just as well it is otherwise it would be all messed up at the front! lol ;)

I remember about 5 years ago when I was living at home with the folks for a while, I was driving, I think it was a Cavalier through Glastonbury high street, the car infront had come to a stop. I stopped, then she went to pull away and stopped again and as she went to pull away, I did but it was too late for me to stop again. I guess I tapped her rear bumper at about 2 miles an hour. I kid you not, zero damage to both party's cars and she got out and started going on about whiplash. :rofl:

So many people put stupid claims in for the very slightest of things...ooooh, I have a little ache in my back, I think I'll try and swindle £15,000 out the other party's insurance. What a load of old *****cks and I bet they are the first to moan that insurance premiums are wwaaayyyyyy too high!

Yeah I agree, I wasn't being totally serious. I do think that over a certain age, people should have to retake a driving test. Traffic flows and just general driving habits have change to such a high degree that I think it's a necessity. I am far from a polished driver, but I'd be happy to have to retake or do a refreshed course after a certain number of years.

Yeah I agree, I wasn't being totally serious. I do think that over a certain age, people should have to retake a driving test. Traffic flows and just general driving habits have change to such a high degree that I think it's a necessity. I am far from a polished driver, but I'd be happy to have to retake or do a refreshed course after a certain number of years.

AGREED!

In answer to your original question Si, yes you can claim mate. If the shop is open, then the car park is classed as a public place according to the Road Traffic Act. Now because it is a public place, you need insurance for it to be on the road, and therefore you can make an insurance claim.

Nick

Guest andyduff
better class of claimant than netto :rofl:

:rofl: Why is it that everyone who shops at Waitrose, their kids are called Elija or Tarquin??? :confused: :rolleyes: Ponces :rofl: