Looking for a bit of advice

Guest Winkle

Guest Winkle

Hi guys, found your website just in time!! I am on the market for a Z, auto, twin turbo, targa top. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any help with regards to what I should be looking out for when purchasing one. You know, any little tell tale signs that I shouldn't purchase this car, or help knock the price down some more smile.gif etc etc

Guest Dylan

First of all, where do you live? One of us can probably come with you to look over any cars you're interested in.

Secondly, buying from someone on this forum is your best bet if you want to know the history

Thirdly, wanna buy mine? 90TT import auto, black, totally standard with leather seats.

------------------

dylan.jpg

Guest Dylan

Oh, and if you're buying an auto make sure it has an additional oil cooler added for the auto box as they have a habit of blowing up otherwise (especially the imports). Mine has an extra gearbox cooler behind the front spoiler

------------------

dylan.jpg

Guest Winkle

Holy crap you guys are fast!!!! I am based in Essex/London border. Can't beat those Essex girls....anyway, this is going to sound crazy, but me any my woman want a gun metal grey z or perhaps midnight blue. If any of you have one of these for sale would be extremely interested in purchasing. I have found some in Uxbride via Autotrader for around £5,500. Any of you guys in that area????

Guest simon h

Hi Winkle

Welcome to the site, go onto the home page of the site and you will find a buyers guide of what to check when looking at one of these cars. Zeds are fantastic fun to drive. Good looking, fast and can be reliable if you get the right one. However they can be expensive if they go wrong. Don't mean to put you off M8 but as with all sports cars they can be costly to put right. If you are planing to get one and modify it try to find one that already has been done. It will save you quite a bit of money if you do.(wish I had done this!!!).

Have a good look round and don't buy the first one you see. There is quite a few out there now to choose from. A uk spec one may cost a bit more because of supposed cheaper parts / insurance etc. However Parts for import cars are just as easy to get and insurance companies seem to be giving imports much better prices for cover. It would be worth taking someone with you who knows these cars when you go to look at one. Perhaps someone on the forum in your area may be able to help with this. I wish you all the best on finding your Zed.

Good luck

Simon H

[This message has been edited by simon h (edited 20-06-2002).]

Guest Dylan

Originally posted by Winkle:

but me any my woman want a gun metal grey z or perhaps midnight blue

Surely a black one like mine looks far cooler smile.gif

300zx2.jpg

Guest Dylan

Surely a cool black one like mine looks far better smile.gif

300zx2.jpg

Guest Dylan

me any my woman want a gun metal grey z or perhaps midnight blue.

Surely a cool black one like mine would be better

300zx2.jpg

TIP: don't mention colours of cars or whether autos are better than manuals or you will start a huge argument ending in a handbags at dawn duel between a white manual driver and a red auto one (no names mentioned)

Guest Falkirkfan2002

Welcome to the world of the Z.

This forum is the best place for advice, info, parts etc. I got my first Z in Febuary and did the normal checks before buying and not really had any problems with it. (it is off the road for cosmetic surgery)

The only thing about Z's is the price of mods, everything seems to start at 400 GBP.

Also, as most would agree, keep your car away from Nissan dealers!!

Guest Steve.r

Go grey....You know you want to.

car.jpg

------------------

sig.gif

Guest senna

May I take this opportunity to enter into a little mindless color rivalry, by pointing out that unless you have a black Zed you blow goats smile.gif

zed-airport.jpg

LOL Only joking as I will probably get a slap from Iain and Simon H for that comment.

Seriously Winkle - get one but get a goodun, this is really where as others have said if you can get one of us dodgy sods to come look at the car it would help.

Except Timmy_Turbo, as he will be too busy parading in ladies underwear to be of any use.

LMAO!

Peace.V.

------------------

senna-sig.jpg

->Glen

Guest scoops

you want blue... if i remember rightly mr tooley recently nominated blue as the best colour at a certain solihul meet.. i could find the quote but i couldnt be arsed....

------------------

wolf_logo.jpg