I'm really pissed off with all this now!

Guest Timmy_Turbo

Guest Timmy_Turbo

Some of you may have read the goings on in the Tech forum as a result of Danny posting about the availability of the new ConZult software/hardware!

Right, firstly this has been created/developed by Eric(Lymon & Chums) as a very, very close if not perfect replica of Nissans very own Consult software/hardware which is what Nissan use to test your car when you have a problem with it.

Most Nissan dealers will charge you around 30+ squids for the privilege of having this carried out. Hardware they use is unique to Nissan although the software has been tweaked and frigged from the OBD(On Board Diagnostic) standards that most modern day car manufacturers now use.

My beef is this, Eric and his mates have spent alot of time developing this software and as I remember the first I saw of this was last year, just after TRAX so that's a good 9 months ago.

So this has been eagerly awaited to say the least. Why is it that when ZedWorld has been appointed to be the UK distributor the Usual Suspects throw their toys out of the pram?

It makes sense to me, Phuong has been appointed to distribute in the US at his company GR Racing, DTA in Europe(I think, stand to be corrected) and ZedWorld over here in Blightey.

Nissan Consult Computers are valued at thousands of pounds and to be perfectly honest if you can get one you are a) very lucky as they are not on general release to the public and b) fucking expensive as they are about 5-10K

So guys, what the fuck is the problem? Danny and Jeff are giving you and me the chance to have this at our fingertips for a mere 235/250 GBP!!!

Where would we be running these bitch expensive to run cars without people like Johnny(GPS), Smithy(Cybercraft), Jeff & Danny(ZedWorld), SE, Hiteq, Z Centre???

Come on, stop being such nit picking fuckers and accept it, you don't have to buy it! So why slate them for what they are selling?

Try buying a Blitz Reallize Cat back direct from RaceLogic and see how much you pay or a full Traction Control system!

I can honestly say that I have saved thousands of pounds buying from above mentioned companies because they are not out to screw us for as much as they can get...but just out to see us with smiles on our faces enjoying our expensive bloody cars!

IMHO, sue me if you like and up yer arse if you do! mad.gif

P.S. if you can do better then step upto the challenge and show us what we've all been missing!

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

[This message has been edited by Timmy_Turbo (edited 15-06-2002).]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TT Tim

Once again Timmy you are way off the mark!

I think what Eric has done is fantastic, I have voiced this publically on several occasions. I will buy a copy of the software.

There are some people who don't want to buy through Zedworld, why is actually none of your business, and not there for you to comment. Who's starting another war now?

Tim

yup as per usual, you pull this shit right out of your arse.

You have missed the point.

And just because you dont like it, so other people have the right not to want to deal with zedworld ect.

And its not a question of throwing toys out of a pram. Its a question of the usual suspects taking the piss out of the people who run the forum.

So the problem is

A: Do they sell it at an inflated price? and if so why not go to eric direct.

B:And you would not know about people like GPS, Smithy, ECT if it were not for this place. So why do they feel they must take the piss out of it, when they get 90% of there exposure out of it?

(not havig a go at smithy or johhny or anything)

GPS is a prime example. How often does he come on here and plug his products? He does not. His name gets mentioned by people who have used him, this is what the forum is about.

This fucking place is so crap because no matter what if you voice your opinion on this forum and it does not sit with "the usual suspects"( which are not the ones your on about) then it cant be right or its bullshit and you all cry.

its opinions at the end of the day and if you dont like them dont get involved.

Guest The Devil

I would not normally post on 'tech' stuff for the Z as I know Jack of any value but there is one thing I must point out as I suppose I'm one of the 'tech' guys from the Soarer club.

But I offer this.

If your club has any members with 'tech' abilities then be glad and and support them, they for the most part offer things like re-assurance at times of stress and can save you a fortune, in the future they may be all that saves you from being torn to pieces by rapacious Dealers, if your guys are like me for example I have actually taken my car apart to try to solve a problem for him, this is probably what your fellas do and if they spend a week-end doing this then if they find a clever and innovative solution they have a FULL BLOWN RIGHT to gain 'something' for it, try to understand you can be an enthusiast and still charge a few bob for ability.

Sitting around in the evenings tinkering with OBD software is BLOODY HARD WORK (been there), I would want some return for the effort, so would all of you.

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.

DON'T TOADY UP TO THEM EITHER.

If you work hard and finally solve all the little riddles in a problem, then who REALLY cares if the post is in the wrong place FFS.

TELL THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD, GOOD THINGS SHOULD NOT BE HIDDEN.

I've said too much prolly and delete this if you want.

I have been on the receiving end of this sort of thing and after all the effort it hurts when some ponce thinks you are ripping them off.

My 2 penn'orth FWIW

[This message has been edited by The Devil (edited 15-06-2002).]

Guest Falkirkfan2002

If you don't want to buy it from Zedworld, can't you just import it?

Haven't businesses got a right to make a profit? I see nothing wrong with that. It appears that this software/hardware from Nissan costs a lot of cash, so someone who decides to do their own stuff, can really charge what they want!

In my case, I don't know what it does or is used for, so I'm not going to buy it. End of story

Guest andyduff

FFS the point has been missed entirely!!!

I want to know what zedworld are actually doing in this whole process. The price quoted is for the hardware and delivery to the UK direct from Holland. It does not touch zedworlds fingers at all - all they see is the money. If the question of being able to buy direct from Eric rather than through Zedworld had never come up, then everyone would have assumed UK availability was purely through Zedworld. That stinks!!!

Now, The Devil, whatever your real name is, I am in complete agreement with you on your point re getting something for your time for helping people out. I am (some people may disagree) always trying to help people out - spend a day with me and see how many times my phone rings for advice!!! However if you look back through time then you'll see where the problem comes. When Zedworld first started up, Jeff (Zedworld owner) seemed to stop posting tech replies (he knows his stuff) and started replying with "You got mail". This was (IMHO) a way of ensuring business was built up - don't tell them how to fix it, tell them you know what the problem is and you can fix it and charge. This is crap - give someone the chance to have a go first - its their car they have the right to do the work themselves if they wish.

Timmy, I realise the Consult is an overpriced and very rare piece of kit - I should know I've tried to get one!!! I am not slagging Eric etc off I think ConZult is FANTASTIC. BUT, it is Zedworld jumping in, when everyone is waiting for the software to arrive, that gets me. I don't want to buy through Zedworld, thats my choice! I hope to be starting a Group Buy myself from Eric when I have 5 seconds free time....

OK thats my £50 worth... Slag me off do what you want but having a go aint gonna make me buy it from Zedworld....

CheerZ,

Andy

Guest Timmy_Turbo

As per usual the Usual Suspects are the first to post back and tell me I've missed the point entirely! LMFAO biggrin.gif

Guilty as charged yer honour! Right fuck off will ya...off to watch the footie! wink.gif

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

Guest TT Tim

Another constructive comment Timmy!

Perhaps 'the usual suspects' are the other active and passionate members of the forum who are not scared to speak out against your narrow minded self absorbed rantings, and offer an alternative view.

If you don't want to listen to constructive comments I would suggest you refrain from posting prevocative threads on here.

Tim

[This message has been edited by TT Tim (edited 15-06-2002).]

Has Zedworld abused anybody?

Has anybody died?

Is he offering a product that half of us are gagging to get our hands on? Yes

Is anybody suffering as a result of this posting? No

The only problem I can see is that some people are making some money good luck to em, I wish I was in their shoes.

Maybe there could be some sort of contribution from the monies made to support the forum, this would be nice for all businesses on here to do, if this has not been done already.

I can see there is a beef between the diehard I don't make money out of my hobby purists and people who can see an oppurtunity and go for it.

Really this debate is, I think, about what direction the members of the forum want the forum to go.

At the moment this needs clarification and some decisions if not already underway need to be made by the people who run this forum.

But at the moment it seems some businesses can openly sell their wares across all forums and some not, for whatever reason that may be? Maybe some past issues need to be resolved!

Mark

Guest The Devil

Andy, my 'real' name is Dr. Iain Morse-Wiltshire, known variously as 'Mycroft (Soarer site/ Skyline site)' 'the Devil (here)' and 'V-Bird (MLR)'

I cast no doubt about your own integrity (nor anyone elses for that matter) but I do understand that the 'You have Mail' answering system can be a little 'narksome' but then some things always will be.

Bottom line, how many people in your local do you talk to and drink with? Just a few no doubt, forums are like a pub but I (or anyone else) can but in to any conversation at any time, you need tolerance of the poster with ' I-net hallitosis' just as you would in the pub.

As Woody in Toy story (a fine role model for grown men, you'll agree) said 'PLAY NICE'

this whole thing is exactly what i try and say every time we get these type of arguments come up.

i agree and disagree with a lot of the points, as some are valid and some not, and there is no real clear cut middle ground.

i can understand if some people do not wish to deal with zedworld, the same way i can understand people not wishing to deal with tdi, gps, se, middlehurst etc., ad infinitum..

you will never find a supplier that everyone is happy to deal with.

this conzult problem is something where zedworld have been appointed sole uk distributor, and not everyone wants to deal with them.

whether they make any money on that deal or not is irrelevant to any of us. if they do, then fair play to them for agreeing the deal, if they dont, then we all win. The issue is that some people do not want to buy from them in the first place.

companies cannot be successful without advertising themselves in some way. this forum gives a very high concentration of prospective customers to a lot of people.

it is down to the companies concerned to find the right way of getting business from here, without offending people or "taking the piss" out of the captive market offered.

to be honest, companies supplying parts seem to have it a little easier, as they just go to the for sale forum and mention special offers or good deals that they have at the time..

companies supplying services should take note of this approach, rather than target people directly for work.

nico and i have no problem with anyone offering their services to other members, as long as it is done as an open invitiation.

if you are supplying a service rather than product, why not post on the for sale section, offering time.. IE

"we have two days available next week if anyone wants any work done"

one of the previous posts by jeff was to advertise his new 6 bay workshop.

personally, i felt this was a valid advertisement of his services on the forum.

If any of you have any suggestions on how to reorganise the site and navigation to make "member's businesses" more prominent then let me know, as when we move to a new server, i will redesign the site a little.

companies/people that are willing to make a small commission contribution to the forum will have a shop section where members will be able to order from them

companies/people that dont will have to be more careful about how they try and attract business from the site.

people organising group buys, or can do something as a special offer through contacts will be able to carry on as usual, but once it becomes a habit or commercial venture they will need to re-assess their methods and consider contributing towards their advertising medium a little....

i have spoken with a few of the companies that do business via here, and have a generally positive feedback about the way nico and i want to go forward

contributing to the forum IS NOT about lining nicos and my pockets in the slightest.

if suppliers want to offer us any products/discounts/services at a special rate then we are hardly going to say no.

however, our "benefits" aside, the same deal will go for them as any other company when it comes to business on the forum, that will not change.

is any of this unclear ?

does anyone want further clarification ?

can you all see how fairly and amicably we want the site to progress ?

now follow the membership announcement at the top and sign up so we can move faster !!! biggrin.gif

Originally posted by TT Tim:

Another constructive comment Timmy!

If you don't want to listen to constructive comments I would suggest you refrain from posting prevocative threads on here.

Tim

[This message has been edited by TT Tim (edited 15-06-2002).]

lol the only constructive thing Tinky dinky ever did was... errm uuhmm hang on he never has said anything constructive.

No one is allowed an opinion on the Timmy Turbo forum anyway.

Guest Timmy_Turbo

TT Tim I laugh at you my friend! FFS, so you haven't made any money out of members on this forum then? Or am I a mirage wearing a Z fleece that you sold me!! LMFAO biggrin.gif

Nobody slated you did they when you did a buy on Z clothing so shut the fuck up basically!

Warren, change the record mate, it gets a bit tedious after the 100th round trip! You muppet!

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

No problem, you can buy direct from Eric, or from Phoung in the US etc, but you'll pay exactly the same as you would buying through me. Consider transportation costs, duty, Vat, etc and you'll be looking at £250 - £260 per unit. But hey, it's up to you. If you don't want to buy through ZedWorld then you've got a choice.

The reason I am involved in this is that Eric doesn't want to deal with hundreds of enquiries and requests. That's what I'm here for. The lot of you deal with me and I in turn deal with Eric (i.e., the many-to-one relationship thing ...) The only reason for ZedWorld's involvement in the UK is that we are using the website as a promotional tool for all of us who are members of this forum as well as those of us who are not. Believe it or not but the site is being frequented by non-forum members as well. Promotion - that is the only reason. Perhaps the whole "distributor" thing is overstating the truth a little. I am the one who is importing the boxes, not ZedWorld. I am related to ZedWorld only by virtue of occassionally helping Jeff out fixing other people's cars and giving some advice on webcontent etc. I don't part-own ZedWorld. As far as you lot should be concerned, the ConZults are being bought and sold by me, Danny Zaat.

Hope this helps to clear some things up.

Regards,

Danny

Guest TT Tim

Timmy,

Yes, I have met both Jeff and Danny.

I only briefly met Jeff at the RR day but I met and had a drink with Danny one afternoon, a nicer person it would be hard to meet.

And your point is?

Tim

Guest senna

What a load off bollocks.

This place is like a school playground it really is...

Folks moaning and wining and whinging like unpaid whores.

You twats - you fucking twats.. you fucking twats..you fucking wine about such non important stuff.

Why dont you all go and take a stroll though the Neurological ward at your local hospital and see people that have a reason to complain.

Twats.

Guest TopSquads

Originally posted by senna:

Why dont you all go and take a stroll though the Neurological ward at your local hospital and see people that have a reason to complain.

Well I guess that puts it into perspective....

(passes out the chill pills to everyone)

(puts on soothing, calming music)

(sits)

(relaxes)

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh-hhhhhhh

Matty.

------------------

CG596.jpg

As most of you have obviously never run a business and by the look of things most of you wouldn't have the slightest clue, I would just like to point out a few things.

If someone is appointed as a sole distributor for a product (and they must have gone to some effort to get this - good on you) ordering it direct will NEVER get you it at a cheaper price! The sole dealer will be getting it at a lower price than you could! How else would they make any money? When the thing doesn't work are you going to call Lymon in Holland? Nice phone bill! Products have to be supported and theres all the other admin hastles that go along with being the only dealer. Andy Duff - When you have become UNNOFICIAL UK distributor number 2, will your office be answering support calls during office hours or is it just when you feel like answering your mobile? When you can't answer that tech question or when a unit goes bang and burns out someones ECU/Z are you going to sort that out with Lymon via your unofficial hotline batphone?! LOL

I don't know all of the businesses here but I can use Johnny of Grasshopper as an example. Is he making thousands at other peoples expense from this forum? No. He works damn hard and very late often helping you guys out way beyond what is expected. (See Jaylox's post yesterday) If he was making a fortune don't you think he would have loads of staff answering that engaged phone you all complain about? Is he living in a mansion? No. Why is his Z off the road at the moment? (apart from the speeding! unlucky mate) Cashflow? It's always nice to be owed tens of thousands of pounds that you can't get your hands on with suppliers wanting their money up front. Just think what it would be like to work all hours of the day and night and at the end of the month your boss said sorry we'll give you a cheque in 90 days and don't forget your mortgage is overdue! Keep this up for a few years and the stress is unbelievable. It's a never ending cycle.

Yeah he must be making millions! Get real.

What about the Z Centre? As far as I know Luke runs that as a sideline to his main job (I stand to be corrected on this)

Most of us run a business out of the love of being our own boss and not for the cash to be made. It's damn hard work for very little reward most of the time and you guys are reaping the benefits FFS! I used to think I worked hard 4 years ago so I started my own business - now I know what a piss easy life I really had. I get home at 7 or 8pm and have another 3 or 4 hours of paperwork to get through every day. When you see me on MSN at 3am during the week I'm working! I've had one week off in 4 years with no boss to call in sick or pass the buck to! Just to keep my customers happy. One lazy business partner, another with personal problems - cost me £40K of my very hard earned money. Useless staff who you spend a fortune training up only to have them leave after fucking about and stealing equipment. I've got a 7 month old baby who I hardly see. Small Businesses are such good fun guys! I must be mad. It pisses me off so much when we go through all this shit for someone to moan cos we made a few quid on something we only did for a mate with the same interests as a favour. You guys who say you'd supply an item at cost/provide labour free instead of using these "ripoff" companies - pack your other job in (the one where you sit on your arse most of the time, get a lunch break every day and go home on the dot at 5pm!) and see if you feel the same with no guaranteed wage coming in at the end of the month!

It's a nice touch by Warren to hand out free intercoolers to Craig and Nico but maybe he will soon see why he is the only one who has done this kind of thing. Poor take up on the group buy? Sounds like it's going to be a nice loss heading his way and an early business lesson learned - don't give away your stock for nowt in anticipation of money coming in!

Stop moaning and set yourselves up as competitors and see if you can do a better job! That would be a laugh for a month or two!

I have so many mates who winge about how they get paid f#ck all and how lucky I am.

They haven't got a clue. Will they change jobs or start their own business? Will they fu#k! They just stay in the same job year after year moaning and hoping someone will give them a load of cash for doing nothing.

I've saved thousands through the companies on here and I know for a fact that they have not made more than a couple of hundred quid out of me in the last 2 years. Thats good value to me!

I think we should all pay for the forum equally and thats it. Anything else would be impossible to manage IMO.

[This message has been edited by ChrisC (edited 16-06-2002).]

Guest The Devil

Bang on Chris C!

I sometimes think that the 'Welfare state' (where for a huge part of their lives most things are free on demand) has given birth to a certain generation of self centred ingrates unable to get there head around the realities of running a small business.

Guest Timmy_Turbo

Bang on Christoph and Mycroft/The Devil etc.

FFS! Isn't that what I said or was hinting at initially?

Man sometimes it takes so long to get to this point in time!

Ohhhh, and before anyone else chips in and says "you have no right to post!" errrrr, yes I do boys and girls as I am self employed and run my own IT company!

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

Well until i read your post Chris, i was about to type "Oh fook it, not worth the grief" I have noticed for a while now that when something is advertised here offering MEMBERS a deal on goods, it is soon followed by a sarcastic remark about the profits made, hence why i made it very clear a few weeks ago after one such remark that i have made a bleedin pittance on this forum, despite offering good deals, just from my own corner, hard pipe kits, 4 months and 4 welders later and at great cost to ME before i was happy to offer a product here which normally cost a lot more for poorer quality elsewhere, top rad hoses, i had to buy 20 of the fookers at a price before i could offer them, Mongoose exhausts,after much hassling the suppliers and offering these guys a £100 saving, not one single one sold ! so i have not made thousands as was suggested earlier in a post, most of the time this place costs ME, shit loads of people are buying me burgers and coke at billing for the favours i have done them through my company, i'll be like Billy Bunter biggrin.gif welding jobs for free, swapping goods once used for no charge, not a problem if unable to pay due to personal reasons, finding products from all over the world in my own personal time, why do i do this and more ? money in the end ? no ! i hardly make a bean, it's because i consider you guys fellow Zed lovers like me, but more importantly, FRIENDSHIP !!!!which is what we should all have with each other, cos we have one great thing in common, the love of our 300ZX, now if anyone thinks i'm taking the mick in any way, please let me know and i'll happily fook off and concentrate my business and passion for Zeds over the pond, where there is none of this grief and company services are well appreciated. Oh and yes i have seen to both Nico and Craig, will do so again and i have arranged to help fund this site, seeing craig at billing to finalise.

Danny, Jeff/Zedworld, i for one would be lost without yer help some months ago, so when funds allow, put me down for one of those Conzult jobbies, great price/product, from top blokes biggrin.gif

Cheers

smithy cool.gif

Nice talking to you the other day Smithy,

I was waffling on about Z's and wasting your valuable time trying to get a Razo shifter.

You could have sold me one at a silly price or talked me into a different brand to make some cash but instead pointed me to someone who had a used one fitted to an old gearbox.

If I had called Demon Tweaks or whoever would I have got this kind of money saving advice?

I don't think so!

(Still haven't got a Razo as he'd sold it already but that's not the point!)