Old tw@t on A19 caused accident

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess the Sabb was winning the race at the point of impact. Beter luck next time :D.

Only kidding mate ;), glad to hear everyone is ok.

Cheers bud.

I'm glad too, it could have been a lot worse.

Its funny.....when you start a thread you never know how its going to end :)

Guest JayPSC
Fookin 'ell stu thats a bit harsh :eek: :eek: :eek: Who exactly did you stop coming on anyway? Did she not like it? :rofl:

LMAO it's all kicking off again, we'll be ok as long as tech god SRRAE doesn't start dishing out dodgy tech advice again, the help & advice forum has missed you man

I remember why I stopped coming on her. Wánkérs like you where starting to creep in.

i bet youve been waiting around for months for a post for you to have a go at someone, pretty sad really, if this is the way you speak to people im really sure you wont be missed if you dont come back on here again

there was really no need to say these things to marcz32

really bud, pathetic reply :xxx:

Dont get me wrong peeps, I'll be the 1st to put my hands up and admit Ive made a mistake.

Maybe the start of this thread was too strong and judgemental - it wasn't meant to be, and I dont mind being told I'm a prat (that dont mean you can start now tho) :)

But ARRSE, formerly known as SRRAE, was just insulting for no real reason. Yes my comments were strongish but I'm entitled to them imho, just as I accept comments from others on this thread.

We are all entitled to opinions, and all are taken as valid points on this thread and I know none of them were meant as personal insults - just valid points of view given the information I posted.

What ARRSE did was crude and childish. Instead of offering a point of view he choose to be insulting, which no one has the right to do to anyone.

Hopefully by now hes sucking on a booby, cos thats what babies do, and would have calmed down enough to say SORRY :)

ding ..ding.....round 2 :tongue:

I remember why I stopped reading this as much as I used to.

Was on my way home last nite at 9ish

So it was dark

Off the A1 onto the A19, loads of spray/rain etc.

So it was dark, driving conditions visability where poor.

We were doing 70ish

which usually means over 70, when it was dark with poor visibility and driving conditions.

I barely notice hazards flashing in the distance

So you DID see flashing hazards in the distance.

as we get real close we realise someone has stopped in one of the 2 lanes

So you DID see the flashing hazards and did nothing. Didnt slow down, lot off, reduce your speed in preporation for the hazard which the hazard lights indicate, while driving at 70+ at night with poor visiblity and driving conditions?

Inside it was an old lady It took 2 hrs to cut her out of the wreckage, she was in a bad way when the ambulance carted her off.

It may sound cruel but the old lady got the rewards for her stupidity

I truly have no sympathy...

Your heartless then.

and ALL her fault

She stops and a car hits her, and its her fault? I think you will find that in law blame is placed on the car which is moving. If you hit the back of some ones car, you are to blame because you didnt leave enough room, you where driving too fast to react, you where driving too fast to stop in time, or you didnt leave enough space between you and the car infront.

I do hope she recovers.....and gets banned for being so careless

So weeks on the verge of death and if she does live will probably never fully recover is not enough punishment for you?

I finally get home at 11.30 after changing my tyres in the p*ss*ng rain for 2 1/2 hrs

And that is more annoying then her being in her state. And now she will have family members worried and stressed to hell for months maybe years.

But FECK ME you got home 2 and a half hours later. STOP THE WORLD!

I remember why I stopped coming on her. Wánkérs like you where starting to creep in.

i actually agreed with some of what Stu said, then the end let it down maybe wigans demise in the premiership is upsetting him:nelson:

and Marc your not coming out of it much better now, 9 or 10 replies?

yes i agree none of were there so i wouldn't dream of commenting, BUT as you say it was all about reactions etc, but as i say the parts i agree with were YOUR comments re the old dear, as you say you came round the corner and she was there, maybe she had a stroke and didnt know where she was stopping? maybe someone cut her up and she was forced to pull over? etc etc, as i say none of us know, maybe a few should go and read the post about looking after your Mum, then stand back and think, as you say Marc reactions, something you had plenty of before posting, no issues with your post, just a few things could have had more thought before pressing the enter key;)

lol while i was typing i see you posted this lol, so no problem;)

Dont get me wrong peeps, I'll be the 1st to put my hands up and admit Ive made a mistake.

Maybe the start of this thread was too strong and judgemental

i actually agreed with some of what Stu said, then the end let it down maybe wigans demise in the premiership is upsetting him:nelson:

and Marc your not coming out of it much better now, 9 or 10 replies?

yes i agree none of were there so i wouldn't dream of commenting, BUT as you say it was all about reactions etc, but as i say the parts i agree with were YOUR comments re the old dear, as you say you came round the corner and she was there, maybe she had a stroke and didnt know where she was stopping? maybe someone cut her up and she was forced to pull over? etc etc, as i say none of us know, maybe a few should go and read the post about looking after your Mum, then stand back and think, as you say Marc reactions, something you had plenty of before posting, no issues with your post, just a few things could have had more thought before pressing the enter key;)

lol while i was typing i see you posted this lol, so no problem;)

Maybe the start of this thread was too strong and judgemental

Yep I know billy, I agree with you.

Looking back I think I was a little hasty in pressing the enter key - but I justify it because as the time is was so fresh in my mind and the shock of it was still sinking in. It was not nice to witness. If I could wind back the clock I would.

I think what annoyed me was the fact that I was a witness to an accident, not the cause and a lot of peeps have assumed too much about the conditions....and on that basis set to with the keyboard.

I think part of the reason I posted was simply to vent some of the feelings I had and just get it away from me, sorry if I offended anyone....I wont do it again.

If anything I'm guilty of witnessing an accident and wanting to get it off my chest and I mistakenly thought this may be a reasonable place to do that as I've seen numerous stuff about prangs posted before.

Today: Citroen Transit type Van broken down in the outside lane of Dual Carriagway (Supposedly knackered Clutch cable)....just off the A470 on the A468 exit toward Caerphilly...on a hill so nowhere to coast to, no verge, metal barriers right up to the white lines on both sides of the carriageway, and no where to go except backwards onto a busy roundabout.... :(

I was travelling in the opposite direction toward the roundabout (from Caerphilly), I spotted the guys behind the barrier and the stranded van in the outer lane...an accident waiting to happen. So being a good citizen i looped around the roundabout, put my Hazards on, pulled in to the left afew hundred yards before teh obstruction so as not to block teh carriageway completely and asked them if they wanted me to tow them up the hill to safety.... :)

Anyway, I moved the van outa the way for them, but had to jump into the central reservation twice while fitting my towing bar to my Golf with the amount of idiots screeching up behind the van! Despite one of them in the central reservation flagging traffic to slow down well before the obstruction!

Anyway, I thought about this afterwards and wondered why he hadn't driven it in-gear to the bus-stop lay by i towed him to, and feel it's the same as the idiots chasing up the outer lane today only to slam on the anchors, same as the old lady in MarcZ32's story, same as half the country......Like the bag of peanuts that contains the warning "This product contains nuts".....half the people in this country have to be protected from their own stupidity, as a most have a distinct lack of common sense! :headvswal

But....It happens and like the old lady he probably just panicked and did'nt know what to do cos they've never been told what to do.....so you have to drive expecting the unexpected and as though there is something in the middle of the road around every blind corner or crest and be prepared to aviod it!!!!

BTW I'm not having a dig at peeps that have offered constructive criticism about the events. Its always easy to look at a few facts and offer suggestions, of which I have only taken offence at SRRAE's because he was so damned insulting. So you'll have to excuse my sarcastic retorts to his post.

Until you find yourself in a situation like that you wont know how you'll react, it all happens so quickly. Sometimes theres very little you can do to stop events unfolding and no amount of theory or knowledge will prepare you for it.

Have I learned anything from it....course I have. I always without exception leave plenty of room between me and other cars - most of the time my kids are with me - but to expect me see a car the other side of a brow is not realistic. It was as simples as....over the brow...then there she was. Absolutely no time to stop behind her. The lesson....murpheys law rules out there!!! Just be as careful as you can. I did my level best to avoid her and I did.

Looking back - the saab driver wasnt paying attention - he could have avoided her as I did.

The reason I have replied so sharply to some of the posts is that I felt as tho I did nothing wrong, I was just driving along and this accident happened in front of me. I could have been doing 200mph and the saab would still have hit the fiesta - I felt a lot of peeps should have commented on the harshness of the way I started the thread rather than play CSI and find fault with me, I could have then vented my feeling properly rather than felt got at.

After all, 2 peeps crashed into each other, both of which neglected the seriousness of the circumstances.

One stopped to a complete halt on a dual carrageway, not paying attention to the consequences of stopping there.

The other, a saab driver who defo was not paying attention to his surroundings because he could have avoided her.

But as I admitted earlier, I wrote the post originally from a point of shock at what had happened so peeps prob got involved at the shock/horror level and replied accordingly.

This was squarely my fault because of the way I allowed myself to start the thread :cry:

Got to agree with Billy my thoughts were exactly the same, I agreed with everything SRRAE said until the last couple of lines which were ott.

Mark its easy for us sitting behind keyboards to criticize but when you make comments like the title "Old tw@t on A19 caused accident" and some of the other bits and peices you left yourself wide open to some of the comments made, that could have been any one of us stuck on the outside lane for a hundred reasons, broken down, accident, road blocked etc and what would our thread been called " fookin twat saab driver on A19 caused accident by driving like a tosser ".

The fact is that you are supposed to drive to the conditions, and that includes visibility ahead whether shit weather or blind corner you are supposed to drive at a speed that enables you to stop if required, and to be honest its sounds like you avoided the accident by sheer good luck rather than good driving. :) but after saying all that ive driven like a twat at times and will probably do it again and theres probably not many on the forum who can say that they are perfect drivers and always drive within the law and to the conditions, but if I fook up then its on my head and i wont deny it I certainly wont try to pass the blame onto someone who dosent deserve it.

PS. wait till the old biddy recovers and says..... I just stopped to answer the phone and .......

FFS guys he didnt crash nor cause it, when dipone and uno crashed their zeds everyone was full of sympathy, there was no one involved in their accidents but themsleves, but no one pulled them to bits and called them w4nkers and so on

the guy was wanting a bit of sympathy as he was in shock and all you's lot have done is pull him to bits, im gonna pull this thread up if ever anyone of you's have a crash or other accident

you have been warned

Got to agree with Billy my thoughts were exactly the same, I agreed with everything SRRAE said until the last couple of lines which were ott.

Mark its easy for us sitting behind keyboards to criticize but when you make comments like the title "Old tw@t on A19 caused accident" and some of the other bits and peices you left yourself wide open to some of the comments made, that could have been any one of us stuck on the outside lane for a hundred reasons, broken down, accident, road blocked etc and what would our thread been called " fookin twat saab driver on A19 caused accident by driving like a tosser ".

The fact is that you are supposed to drive to the conditions, and that includes visibility ahead whether shit weather or blind corner you are supposed to drive at a speed that enables you to stop if required, and to be honest its sounds like you avoided the accident by sheer good luck rather than good driving. :) but after saying all that ive driven like a twat at times and will probably do it again and theres probably not many on the forum who can say that they are perfect drivers and always drive within the law and to the conditions, but if I fook up then its on my head and i wont deny it I certainly wont try to pass the blame onto someone who dosent deserve it.

PS. wait till the old biddy recovers and says..... I just stopped to answer the phone and .......

I realise now, with hindsight, that the thread should have been titled differently.

As for her, she was on the inside, the presumption I made was that she was pulled over to one side or off the road, she wasnt. It was only when I could actually see she wasnt I realised there was a problem. I had enough time to alter my driving etc. And I wasnt speeding - I wasnt looking at the speedo at the time, the speeds were an assumption.

The other thing that didnt help was the lack of road markings, some parts of the A19 have no decent edge of lane markers, this is probably due to all the raod works on it and also the sheer volume of traffic that uses the A19 fro all over the north east. This for sure didnt help in the seconds it took for the situatiom to arise.

But as I keep saying - I wasnt involved or the cause of this accident, I just got a puncture from running over some debris in the road. I was close by when it happened but that shouldnt open me up for criticism.

Im sure if you guys were in my position you would not take to kindly

to be portrayed as the initiator of an accident. Would I be in for less stick if i was sat by the road having a late night picnic and it happened in front of me....its the same level of involved from my point of view. I just watched it happen in front of me and avoided it.

As for luck..I dont think so. I saw what was happening, it was quick but I took evasive action. It took me by suprise but not to the extent that I was

helpless.

You have a valid point about the fone tho m8, no one knows why she stopped, you have all assummed she broke down and stopped immediately.

What if she was on the fone...what then. Exactly, your opinions would change. But we dont know so therefore you assume the best for her, the worst for me and let the saab driver walk away with hardly a comment.

Can you guys understand why I was getting frazzled?

i agree with you totally. Although you were going to fast for the conditions it wasnt a deer in the road, it was a human being with a valid driving license who should have pulled in somewhere safer. Just because her hazards were on doesnt mean that shes no longer to blame. Most drivers with a decent sense of awareness would have thought better of where they pulled in and would do their upmost to get out of harms way. I drive for a living and see too many old people on the roads with absolutely no idea of whats going on around them. Dont get me wrong there are plenty of young drivers exactly the same, but i think that old people can be dangerous.

Both parties are partly to blame IMO but had the old woman pulled in somewhere safer this thread would never have started.

rant over

Just to add to stellaz comments.

It appears that I havent crashed my zed or something because that obviously would be 'worthy'. When ever someone here knocks there Zed or rights it off its a totally different story and evokes a 'were all m8's in this together so dont worry' kinda posts.

Im sorry if im banging on a bit but I'm so disappointed. No accident is acceptable - so why the difference of response between someone totalling there zed and me getting a puncture?

Dont get me wrong I'm not looking for sympathy - I dont need it.

Just why the 2 faced approach? I dont mean this is a menacing way, cos thats not me, it's an honest question from a regular bloke thats all.

Please take this post as you read it, dont read between the lines and assume I'm out for an argument - I'm not. Just curious at the comments I've had at watching something happen that I had no control over.

Put yourself in my shoes for a moment.

i agree with you totally. Although you were going to fast for the conditions it wasnt a deer in the road, it was a human being with a valid driving license who should have pulled in somewhere safer. Just because her hazards were on doesnt mean that shes no longer to blame. Most drivers with a decent sense of awareness would have thought better of where they pulled in and would do their upmost to get out of harms way. I drive for a living and see too many old people on the roads with absolutely no idea of whats going on around them. Dont get me wrong there are plenty of young drivers exactly the same, but i think that old people can be dangerous.

Both parties are partly to blame IMO but had the old woman pulled in somewhere safer this thread would never have started.

rant over

Agree 100% jon, maybe I could have been going slower, but as I said earlier if I was doing 200mph would the saab driver avoided her...I dont think so.

If it was anyones accident it was theirs, not mine.

I just feel got at for seeing it happen.

Guest lets drift
book by its cover an all that, and since when have you not posted anything when in a mood or shocked at something

Hay I wasn't getting at anyone it was just a thought that's all. :tongue: :tongue:

Not blaming you for the accident bud, just stating that it was the unfortunate title and that you laid the blame purely on the old dear which was what probably caused the controversy.

I know bud but if you'd been on the road there and seen it all and seen all the space she had - it would make you wonder what she was doing.

But yes admit bad choice of title, but have explained why - I wrote it just after and was prob still in shock over it all. All I could think about was what on earth was she doing there and why didnt he see her. I saw it as if she wasnt in that position he wouldn't have hit her. Of cousre now its further behind me I have a slightly different view of it.

It just wasnt nice to witness and it shocks you how these things can occur so quickley when you least expect them. My original post was written from that position.