Cruise control buttons?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not sure if this will interest you, but I am thinking of doing either of the following. I currently have a MOMO Race steering wheel. I have a spare CC switch pod from an old Steering wheel.

If you look on the centre consol panel next to the clock, you'll see to the left of this, there's a blank area, just about big enough, to mount the switches recess, but flush.

Only trouble being is that it's on the wrong side. What I propose to do is to buy a new LHD centre consol, which has the clock on the other side, meaning, that the blank area where I want to mount the buttons, will be on the right hand side, closest to the driver.

Either that, Or I'm going to try and get hold of a set of US spec stalks, on the opposite side to the indicator stalk will be the cruise control padle. As fitted to all Zeds with airbags.

Im going to try and put the buttons in a section under the ash try cover, i dont use it much so happy with the buttons tucked away under there. Just need to work out how they are wired as 3 buttons and 3 wires has got me thinking.....? MIght have to rip appart my cruise buttons just dont have the time really and wanted to order in the new switches

Not sure if this will interest you, but I am thinking of doing either of the following. I currently have a MOMO Race steering wheel. I have a spare CC switch pod from an old Steering wheel.

If you look on the centre consol panel next to the clock, you'll see to the left of this, there's a blank area, just about big enough, to mount the switches recess, but flush.

Only trouble being is that it's on the wrong side. What I propose to do is to buy a new LHD centre consol, which has the clock on the other side, meaning, that the blank area where I want to mount the buttons, will be on the right hand side, closest to the driver.

Either that, Or I'm going to try and get hold of a set of US spec stalks, on the opposite side to the indicator stalk will be the cruise control padle. As fitted to all Zeds with airbags.

Nooooooooooooooooo! :nono:

I read a post on here recently by a bloke who got a centre pannel/radio surround from the US only to find that the US dashes are a slightly different shape and it doesn't fit square!!! IIRC

• 2 years later...

They won't fit. I've researched all that. You'll need an SRS equipped steering column and shroud as the columns are different sizes.

I've still not got anywhere with relocating the buttons. Need to figure out the wiring. I'll try and do it soon though.

Edited by FunkySi

They won't fit. I've researched all that. You'll need an SRS equipped steering column and shroud as the columns are different sizes.

I've still not got anywhere with relocating the buttons. Need to figure out the wiring. I'll try and do it soon though.

think ill pay someone to do it for me, auto electrician prob, just need to work out where to put em, thinking below the power/hold lights, just not sure if its big enough, wanted to see a picture of if anybody else has done it, see if it looks ok or too cramped.