More bad news about my leg!

Guest chunk

Chunky boy, old fella. After seeing you last week and talking about this matter things can only get better ;) As said above, you are a trooper and have such a positive attitude about life in general :bow: .

I noticed somone said that they do limbs out of carbon fibre :eek: you want to e-mail Border and see if they do them LOL. Imagine you will have the Zed fixed quicker and be able to walk to the chinky round the corner. Plus sell the stair lift for Zed parts :D .

Mate. Hat off to you. If you need a visitor again i can get there easy!! :hyper:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Neil Morris
Well, i got a phonecall from my solicitor this morning regarding a tomogram (ancient CT scan) i had about 4 months ago.

Not long after the tomogram my surgeon asked me to go and see him for a meeting, so obviously i did, he explained to me then that the bone grafts hadnt done what they were supposed to of and knitted the bones together, but he said that another larger bone graft would work (after taking most of the old bone out again). Needless to say, i was unhappy about this, but hey, if he says it can be done then so be it.

I was asked by my solicitor to go to a independant surgeon, so, i went, he had all my notes incuding the tomogram x-rays and all my previous x-rays. He did the examination and sent me on my way.

This morning, as said, i got a phonecall from my solicitor and he basically said what i was expecting him to say, he recieved the indepentant surgeon's report yesterday and it was saying that the bone grafts i had hadnt knitted and any other bone graft/surgery wouldnt knit together either. So, cut a long story short, it's looking like it'll be loosing a bit of weight aroung the left leg region LOL, which TBH i was expecting anyway.

I dont want sympathy, ive been waiting for this phonecall for a while now, so i didnt really suprise or upset me. I just thought id let you all know, ready to get the jokes/photoshops sorted for when the deed is done :D

I have no idea when i'm going in, i think the 2 surgeons have to discuss bits 'n' bobs first, but i'll call the hossy tomorrow to see if i can find out anything.

Thanks guys

Rich

Good luck M8. All the best from me. If there is anything I can do phone me you got my number...Will run you a home made Beef & Ale pie up if you like.

All the way from Norwich....... :bow:

Crap news that Chunk, but great attitude to it all, I know I would never be able to take it so well.

Like Mac said though, all being well the chair will be a thing of the past and you'll be able to do the old push the Zed back along the drag strip queue to save a few bhp trick!

I know how this stuff us first hand chunk. My father suffered from Polio in his younger years. Has lost almost all mobility in both of his legs and lower back. Relies on crutches on calipers to support him.

Breaks my heard to see him fall over and loose ballance. He's in a bit of pain now and has taken early retirement.

Bless him though, he's a fighter and loves life still. Always happy merry and as active as he can be.

You'll be fine chunk. :duffer:

Cheerz again for all your kind offers, MSN chats and phonecalls

typical, no thanks for the offer of naked physio :headvswal

now i have to console Mrs T

typical, no thanks for the offer of naked physio :headvswal

now i have to console Mrs T

you just said Topless, i thought i was gonna get a cockney bloke turn up in his convertable :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but if Mrs T is offering a full nakkid physio session, how do i book it :D

how do i book it :D

same as everyone else mate, you pay the full 50 pence and join the line

hope to fook she dont read this, ill be getting fook all otherwise lol

Does this mean you are gonna buy a Harley and live life in the cruiser lane once you can ride again????

Nooooo, noooooooo, nooooooooooooo!!!

If i couldnt get on at least a sporty tourer (VFR800, VTR1000 firestorm) i dont think id bother, although my last company bike was a Kawasaki VN1500 meanstreak and i gotta say i liked that!, so, maybe then LOL

Cheers buddy

Rich

Rich, when you come to Ireland this summer i'll introduce you to some beverages that don't require the use of any legs!

Seriously, you're taking it very well and deserve the admiration from everyone here at the Club.

Also tell the mrs to go and buy the kuma Satra book. A whole new world of positions await you my friend :D

What did happen to your leg in the first place BTW?

Rich, when you come to Ireland this summer i'll introduce you to some beverages that don't require the use of any legs!

Seriously, you're taking it very well and deserve the admiration from everyone here at the Club.

Also tell the mrs to go and buy the kuma Satra book. A whole new world of positions await you my friend

LMAO, cheers buddy, I'll keep that in mind :D

What did happen to your leg in the first place BTW?

I had a motorbike accident, basically a car changed lanes straight into me, pushed me onto a central reservation, i hit the central barrier, launched me in the air, i then landed on the opposite side of the road where i then got cleared up by another car. I lost 5" of femur (thigh bone) due to a compound fracture, smashed my knee up (descrided as a bag of crisps by the radiograper), did lots of muscular and tendon damage and lots of arm, shoulder, wrist, finger damage also.

Losing that leg won't change you as a person mate :bow: . Good luck.

It would do if it was the middle one! :rofl:

Thanks again to all :bow: Just shows how much of a damb fine community spirit we have!! big big thanks to all!!

LMAO, cheers buddy, I'll keep that in mind :D

I had a motorbike accident, basically a car changed lanes straight into me, pushed me onto a central reservation, i hit the central barrier, launched me in the air, i then landed on the opposite side of the road where i then got cleared up by another car. I lost 5" of femur (thigh bone) due to a compound fracture, smashed my knee up (descrided as a bag of crisps by the radiograper), did lots of muscular and tendon damage and lots of arm, shoulder, wrist, finger damage also.

H O L Y M O S E S :eek: incredible you're still here to tell the tale. Someone up there likes you bud!

I can only echo everyone else's sentiments, mate. I lost my leg just above the knee in a bike accident over 20 years ago. It's a bitch, but it's not the end of the world, and there's plenty of auto Zeds around. It's my right leg, so I had my pedals cranked over to the left a few inches to get at them more easily. All the best; hope the op and everything goes okay.