More bad news about my leg!

Guest chunk

Well, i got a phonecall from my solicitor this morning regarding a tomogram (ancient CT scan) i had about 4 months ago.

Not long after the tomogram my surgeon asked me to go and see him for a meeting, so obviously i did, he explained to me then that the bone grafts hadnt done what they were supposed to of and knitted the bones together, but he said that another larger bone graft would work (after taking most of the old bone out again). Needless to say, i was unhappy about this, but hey, if he says it can be done then so be it.

I was asked by my solicitor to go to a independant surgeon, so, i went, he had all my notes incuding the tomogram x-rays and all my previous x-rays. He did the examination and sent me on my way.

This morning, as said, i got a phonecall from my solicitor and he basically said what i was expecting him to say, he recieved the indepentant surgeon's report yesterday and it was saying that the bone grafts i had hadnt knitted and any other bone graft/surgery wouldnt knit together either. So, cut a long story short, it's looking like it'll be loosing a bit of weight aroung the left leg region LOL, which TBH i was expecting anyway.

I dont want sympathy, ive been waiting for this phonecall for a while now, so i didnt really suprise or upset me. I just thought id let you all know, ready to get the jokes/photoshops sorted for when the deed is done :D

I have no idea when i'm going in, i think the 2 surgeons have to discuss bits 'n' bobs first, but i'll call the hossy tomorrow to see if i can find out anything.

Thanks guys

Rich

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scottywil

Feckin 'ell, thats not good news Rich.

Which bone is it? Cant it just be bolted together with a bit of steel (if you know what i mean).

I suppose if it was that obvious, thats what they would have done.

All the best

Scott

Can't they bang a steel pin down there, when I had a bike accident they hammered a pin down my femur, and also whacked in a couple of steel plates on my fore arm both bones. Steels good it fixes many things. LOL

LOL, i already have 3 rods, 17 screws and 2 plates in there bud!! :D

Cheers all for the ahem, comments

Nick, just cos you'd like me to have breast implants :smw: :D :rofl: ohh i saaaay!!

Mate, i really feel for you, to happen to anyone is a shit, but your a top bloke, and a bloody good mate. i dont know what to say mate, my words wont make and difference sorry.

Guest TonyT1965

good luck mate, you'll never walk normally as you are, but you probably will with a prosthetic leg, no consolation mate i know but something to consider..

great attitude, ur the sort who'll take this in their stride (sorry, no pun intended.. lol) and just get on with it, respect from me..

T

Sh1t, really sorry to hear this Rich, really am......

Why is it the crap happens to the good guys whilst the bad fookers get away lightly? I think you know what I'm talking about.... ;)

We'll catch up soon bud, we wish you all the luck in the world with whatever happens...

Mark & Carina

LOL, i already have 3 rods, 17 screws and 2 plates in there bud!! :D

Cheers all for the ahem, comments

Nick, just cos you'd like me to have breast implants :smw: :D :rofl: ohh i saaaay!!

Bet you cause havoc at the airport lol, glad your feeling positive about it anyway it will all works out fine see you at JAE or Japfest

Sorry to hear its got to go this route mate,one bright note is you will in time be able to ditch the chair,a work collegue lost her left leg in fork lift accident 4 years back,good looking girl etc,today she does the same work she allways done and no one would ever in million years know that she had an artificial leg.Hope it all goes ok and thinking of you Rich,see you soon i hope,Tony & Donna & kids

Have you thought about seeking treatment/consultation abroad? The standard of medical expertise in this country is getting so bad that things considered impossible over here are a matter of routine in the states.

Countries that have stem cell treatments available have found that they can be used to repair all sorts of things and the list is growing daily.