• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

We raced 2 bikes so far and we smoke them both. Without Nitrous. A GSXR1100 and a new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R 2003 . I know some they will ask for a video for a proof but unfortunately we didnt have a camera. :)

But i am buying a SONY DVD camera soon and i will definetely make some serious race videos.

Look forward to seeing them :cool: Are you planning to quarter mile it soon? :hyper:

We will. And we are planning making a record. No joke. This car did 12.115sec in 1.4 mile drag competition with just Blitz Intake and 80shot of NOS on stock ECU 11 or 12 PSI if i remember correctly. There is a threat somewhere in the forum about this event.

This time if everything runs smoothly we will crash lots of bones.

We will. And we are planning making a record. No joke. This car did 12.115sec in 1.4 mile drag competition with just Blitz Intake and 80shot of NOS on stock ECU 11 or 12 PSI if i remember correctly. There is a threat somewhere in the forum about this event.

This time if everything runs smoothly we will crash lots of bones.

FFS it just gets better, you sure your not in the US??

Guest Rick 300TT

TBH stock internals seem to be of the highest quality from what I can gather, makes me wonder why so many people seem to think that spending more on what is believed are better internal components.

Quote: "The basic internals are new - a forged crankshaft replaces the previous casting, and the pistons and the connecting rods are of a new design. Pistons for the 300ZX Turbo are different again, with differently shaped crowns* (the compression ratio of the Turbo is lower, at 8.5:1) and special oil channels for cooling. Con-rod bearings for the Turbo are made of Kelmet, a high-strength copper/lead alloy widely used in racing engines.

The alluminium alloy cylinder heads are similar to but modified from those of the earlier VG30DE. The combustion chambers have the classic four-valves-per-cylinder layout with the pairs of valves symmetrically disposed within a pent-roof and a centrally placed spark plug. The valves themselves are the same size as before - inlets slightly bigger than exhausts. To cope with the Turbo's higher temperatures, its exhaust valves are made of Iconel, a tough aircraft grade steel."

So what's up with that lot then? LOL :D

* now that is interesting, makes me wonder if that's why so many peoples engines go bang straight after they have after market forged pistons fitted! ;)

TBH stock internals seem to be of the highest quality from what I can gather, makes me wonder why so many people seem to think that spending more on what is believed are better internal components.

Quote: "The basic internals are new - a forged crankshaft replaces the previous casting, and the pistons and the connecting rods are of a new design. Pistons for the 300ZX Turbo are different again, with differently shaped crowns* (the compression ratio of the Turbo is lower, at 8.5:1) and special oil channels for cooling. Con-rod bearings for the Turbo are made of Kelmet, a high-strength copper/lead alloy widely used in racing engines.

The alluminium alloy cylinder heads are similar to but modified from those of the earlier VG30DE. The combustion chambers have the classic four-valves-per-cylinder layout with the pairs of valves symmetrically disposed within a pent-roof and a centrally placed spark plug. The valves themselves are the same size as before - inlets slightly bigger than exhausts. To cope with the Turbo's higher temperatures, its exhaust valves are made of Iconel, a tough aircraft grade steel."

So what's up with that lot then? LOL :D

* now that is interesting, makes me wonder if that's why so many peoples engines go bang straight after they have after market forged pistons fitted! ;)

Sorry where was this quoted from ??????????????????

Sorry where was this quoted from ??????????????????

Rick 300TT is right. Our rods and crankshaft are forged, our valves are made of inconel metal and they are very durable. If you go to junauto.com website and you see the spec of their 1000hp 300ZX top speed record holder you will see that they are using stock valves and stock crankshaft. And they still achieved an amazing top speed of 419.84Km/h.

Ohh and original transmission. :)... Now this is something to talk about....

O R I G I N A L T R A N S M I S S I O N

For the hard to believe users, here http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/jb-z32/spec.html?en

Rick 300TT is right. Our rods and crankshaft are forged, our valves are made of inconel metal and they are very durable. If you go to junauto.com website and you see the spec of their 1000hp 300ZX top speed record holder you will see that they are using stock valves and stock crankshaft. And they still achieved an amazing top speed of 419.84Km/h.

Ohh and original transmission. :)... Now this is something to talk about....

O R I G I N A L T R A N S M I S S I O N

For the hard to believe users, here http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/jb-z32/spec.html?en

I have read through the JWT write up on the VG30DETT and they do praise the standard spec, the only reason they upgraded internals was for reliability of running a 500bhp car day in, day out. Whether this was needed remains to be proved.......Inconel :bow: This would explain why I have got away with 20psi quite a few times and its all been fine, not det, nothing and quick as fook! :shock:

I am :shock: 'd at them using the stock transmission for that JUN car!!! :bow:

Guest deve8uk

Just read the start of the thread. Top man Nitro, well done mate. And well done for putting up the sheets to back it up.

I will not be putting my specs up after reading the other comments when its done though. FFS lads, the guy backed it up and you still flammed him. Just because he didnt do it "your" way doesnt mean it wasnt don the right way. This is a car club not a fooking fight club.

can you tell im getting sick of this.

Just read the start of the thread. Top man Nitro, well done mate. And well done for putting up the sheets to back it up.

I will not be putting my specs up after reading the other comments when its done though. FFS lads, the guy backed it up and you still flammed him. Just because he didnt do it "your" way doesnt mean it wasnt don the right way. This is a car club not a fooking fight club.

well put :)

Have to agree, does seem a bit much FFS

Nice car Nitro, WELL DONE :bow:

Guest Steve E

I think most on here are going to be interested in how much BHP a specific modification makes! There's no point posting BIG bhp figures if there is no comparison to the setup before the mods were added.

ie. if the Z in question showed 500rwhp on stock setup and 600rwhp after the big tubs etc then there wouldn't be the response there has been.

Steve E

Guest vigilante

****in spot on man! stop the hate, spread the love :D :D :hyper:

paul

-v-