688rwhp dyno sheet as promised.

I think most on here are going to be interested in how much BHP a specific modification makes! There's no point posting BIG bhp figures if there is no comparison to the setup before the mods were added.

ie. if the Z in question showed 500rwhp on stock setup and 600rwhp after the big tubs etc then there wouldn't be the response there has been.

Steve E

I can only tell you this. Even the gap on the spark plugs and the type of spark plugs are a major factor in horsepower output.

To give you an example, the second time we went to the dyno we used different spark plugs and bigger gap. We did at 1.39bar 551rwhp. This time we changed the spark plugs. A guy (he also owns an 800rwhp 300ZX TD-06) told us to use different spark plugs and we also close the gap 0.035 and at 1.46bar on the same dyno under the same weather conditions we did 607rwhp. Thats a lot of hp increase for just 0.08bar.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only tell you this. Even the gap on the spark plugs and the type of spark plugs are a major factor in horsepower output.

To give you an example, the second time we went to the dyno we used different spark plugs and bigger gap. We did at 1.39bar 551rwhp. This time we changed the spark plugs. A guy (he also owns an 800rwhp 300ZX TD-06) told us to use different spark plugs and we also close the gap 0.035 and at 1.46bar on the same dyno under the same weather conditions we did 607rwhp. Thats a lot of hp increase for just 0.08bar.

dont worry to much about it bud, you,ve obviously put alot of effort and thought into building your car, and ive got a lot of respect for that. :bow:

unfortunately there seems to be a growing trend here that the views of a few are being forced onto everyone else :x: give me a :slap: if im talking out of turn, but just my humble opinion. :(

Guest piedpipercl

very impressive mate! beautiful car and must be super fast too.

Well done!

never mind the put downs mate you have built a mean machine there!

P.S What kind of headlight panel is that ..... very nice?

Hey NitroPow, like I said very nice car and well done for what you have achieved but I just noticed this on your site :As a final note we want to tell you is this:

If it ever comes on your way

DO NOT EVEN ****ING THING ABOUT IT. YOU WILL LOOSE SOOO BAD THAT YOU WILL GET THE IMPRESSION THAT YOUR CAR BROKE DOWN

I think even with all those mods there are still a few members on this forum which could make you look like you broke down (Or blew up with all the NOS).

Just read the start of the thread. Top man Nitro, well done mate. And well done for putting up the sheets to back it up.

I will not be putting my specs up after reading the other comments when its done though. FFS lads, the guy backed it up and you still flammed him. Just because he didnt do it "your" way doesnt mean it wasnt don the right way. This is a car club not a fooking fight club.

can you tell im getting sick of this.

Ditto. What will all the doubters say if he proves it I wonder?

Humble Pie anyone?

Hey NitroPow, like I said very nice car and well done for what you have achieved but I just noticed this on your site :As a final note we want to tell you is this:

If it ever comes on your way

DO NOT EVEN ****ING THING ABOUT IT. YOU WILL LOOSE SOOO BAD THAT YOU WILL GET THE IMPRESSION THAT YOUR CAR BROKE DOWN

I think even with all those mods there are still a few members on this forum which could make you look like you broke down (Or blew up with all the NOS).

Dont take it personally. I am sure that there faster cars out there. :)

Dont take it personally. I am sure that there faster cars out there. :)

Its nothing personal mate, I am just making conversation, I have been on this forum long enough now not to take anything personally, I know it would pi55 all over mine ;) But if you want an N/A project I might consider a swap with a bit of cash (from you of course :rofl: :rofl: ) But like I said very nice car mate and congrats on what you have achieved ;) .

Guest Baggins
Just read the start of the thread. Top man Nitro, well done mate. And well done for putting up the sheets to back it up.

I will not be putting my specs up after reading the other comments when its done though. FFS lads, the guy backed it up and you still flammed him. Just because he didnt do it "your" way doesnt mean it wasnt don the right way. This is a car club not a fooking fight club.

can you tell im getting sick of this.

could not have put that better myself

whats wrong with being sceptical? all i can see here is that there are a few of us who in reality seriously doubt that a car with those mods will hit a bhp figure that high.

And again this is not a personal dig, but a 60 bhp gain (if i rember right) from changing the spark plug gap? i really really really cant see.

Sorry but thats just the way it is.

whats wrong with being sceptical? all i can see here is that there are a few of us who in reality seriously doubt that a car with those mods will hit a bhp figure that high.

And again this is not a personal dig, but a 60 bhp gain (if i rember right) from changing the spark plug gap? i really really really cant see.

Could not have put that better myself,trouble is on here is that some people only read half a thread before they start to type.

so if i run with spark plugs and gap them to about a foot will that give me 500 bhp extra :rofl:

sorry bud only messing with you, i dont doubt its a nice car and you have put alot of work into it and for that you should be applauded but come on now time to stop talking the sh1te :D

From where I am sitting some of you could have been some what more friendly over this.

Skeptical? Yes. Rude? Why?

And what if Nitro is correct? The rude ones may regret their stance, the merely skeptical ones can say "Well Done" without regret.

Me? I have no idea how truthful Nitros claims are. I do know there are lots of people on all forums with big mouths making all sorts of claims. And there are others who flame anyone who is not their buddy. Its a shame when forums sink to this level.

Hold on a minute...When people get high hp with Skylines and Supras on stock engines why is not anyone skeptical about it? Propably its because only lately people with Z's started to try testing the limits of our engines.

Would you believe that JUN did 420km top speed on stock gearbox if JUN never mentioned that on their web site? Good that they did. Thats proves something right?

And what we are doing on our Z's is not something that we encourage people to do. We know that we are risking blowing it up but that didnt stop us from doing it. Every risk has its costs. But from the other side you can achieve things that you dont expect to happen.

We took a big risk, and the risk got bigger when we decided to use NOS at that power levels on stock internals. The result is that we manage big hp and we still have the engine intact. Maybe it will blow tomorrow or next week or who knows when. The fact is the car is running perfect and it seems to be very realiable.

I dont know why everyone is going on about the standard box on the jun car, this car was developed to slowly build up speed and do a top speed run and you say standard nissan box!!! well the standars manual box is only geared to do about 197 mph so being as they did more like 250 mph then i dont think it was a stardanrd box!!!