Stonham Barns Classic Show - 20th August 2023 - Stonham Barns, Ipswich

TheRealNips

14 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

When I spoke to the chap on the phone, he was very nice, friendly and helpful, but he did strike me as....how do I put this.....blessed in years? Fully experienced? wisdom'ed up?! He fully admitted that technology was not his strong point and couldnt understand computers. So I suspect thats the reason for the SAE!

Brilliant - makes me all the more happy to support this event šŸ™‚Ā 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the stuff for the show. Bit strange though, we have ten wrist bands, five thank you notes and 6 vehicle passes!

IMG_20230721_124547.jpg.77c3555a9c24c14d2d43d0f70204b4d5.jpg

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB =Ā 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

8 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

I have the stuff for the show. Bit strange though, we have ten wrist bands, five thank you notes and 6 vehicle passes!

IMG_20230721_124547.jpg.77c3555a9c24c14d2d43d0f70204b4d5.jpg

LOL - brilliant!

Looks like we have an extra vehicle pass then - that's fine ifĀ  any one of the first 5 is coming alone! They won't need two wristbands, so we could still accommodate 6 cars on the stand, if we get a late entrantĀ šŸ˜Ž

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I suggest we meet up somewhere before the show so I can hand these out. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Just bringing this to the top, as it's happening this coming weekend....

Who do we have confirmed as attending - Tom, Craig, Joel and me (with Julia) - anyone else up for it?šŸ™‚

Should be a good show.....

.....I assume we'll find somewhere to meet nearby and head in together? We're staying about 10mins down the road, so could join you all anywhere nearby.

11 minutes ago, RichardS said:

Who do we have confirmed as attending - Tom, Craig, Joel and me (with Julia) - anyone else up for it?šŸ™‚

.....I assume we'll find somewhere to meet nearby and head in together? We're staying about 10mins down the road, so could join you all anywhere nearby.

I'm driving up early, so we can meet somewhere nearby. Good news, the hosepipe ban has been lifted so I might be able to clean the car before the show!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealNips said:

I'm driving up early, so we can meet somewhere nearby. Good news, the hosepipe ban has been lifted so I might be able to clean the car before the show!

LOL - great news!!!

Mine is clean now - but could be dirty Sunday morning, depending on Saturday's weather šŸ˜„Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardS said:

Where are you staying, we could meet there?

8 hours ago, craig said:

I won't be at this one unfortunately, due to the Ultima meet clash at Gasoline Juice

You did mention this at the AGM - we'll miss you mate...... šŸ˜‰

The four of us must meet up some other weekend before the NEC though, it's been ages since we've seen Nikk!!

18 hours ago, Joely P said:

Where are you staying, we could meet there?

I'll PM you mate ;-).....

.....Not being familiar with the area, all I know is, it's few miles north of Ipswich and about 10 mins south of Stonham.....

1 hour ago, RichardS said:

I'll PM you mate ;-).....

.....Not being familiar with the area, all I know is, it's few miles north of Ipswich and about 10 mins south of Stonham.....

Your hotel is on my route to Stonham so Iā€™ll meet you there (or nearby if itā€™s not suitable), just name your time. šŸ‘

Tom, are you heading up the A12/A14?

• Like 1

Google has me coming up the A12 after the Dartford crossing and then some of the A14. We could meet somewhere and then drive to Richards hotel together? Or just meet at Richards hotel?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

Google has me coming up the A12 after the Dartford crossing and then some of the A14. We could meet somewhere and then drive to Richards hotel together? Or just meet at Richards hotel?

Yeah - sounds fine to me..... I'm sure they have a car park šŸ˜‰

12 hours ago, craig said:

how was the show guys? the weather held out where i was, did it do the same for you?

Really good thanks Craig - and yes, the sun shone for us too......!

We'll have to do this one again next year, some great cars on display and plenty of interest for everyone, aside from the cars šŸ˜‰Ā 

• Like 1

This was another great show - and one which I hope we get invited to again next year.....

Stonham Barns was the ideal venue for a car show, as in addition to a variety of classic cars on display, there was also a fun fair and a bird of prey centre on site to visit as well. Something for everyone! However, the it was nonetheless a car show, so here are a few pics from the day šŸ˜‰Ā 

P1020758.JPG

P1020759.JPG

P1020760.JPG

P1020761.JPG

P1020763.JPG

• Like 1

.....We got in at 8.30 - which was a good call, considering what other exhibitors told me about the queues from the A140 later that morning.... Not only that, but our stand was right next to the main route into the display area, so we got to see all the other cars arriving šŸ™‚Ā 

P1020764.JPG

P1020765.JPG

P1020766.JPG

P1020767.JPG

• Like 3