AGM 2023 - your thoughts please!

AGM 2023 - your thoughts please!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we have the 2023 AGM.....?

• Sunday April 16th
    • Sunday April 23rd
    • Sunday April 30th
    • Sunday May 7th
    • Sunday May 21st
    • Other - please suggest

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/23 at 21:14

Hi all,

Now that Christmas 2022 is but a distant memory - and we're already kicking off 2023 with a meet at Bicester Heritage this weekend (see the club calendar) - it's time to think about this year's AGM.....

We held a rather small and intimate meeting at The British Motor Museum last October and one of the key things arising from that, was that we should hold this year's AGM much earlier in the year - like at the very beginning of the season. So without further ado, I would like to put forward some suggested dates.

The AGM should be held in the Midlands area, in fairness to all members who have to travel, on a Sunday; with the option to stay at a nearby hotel on the Saturday night and get together for a meal that evening. This event is open to all club/forum members and their partners, spouses, significant others, families; whatever!

Potential venues include:

The British Motor Museum (again) British Motor Museum | Home
The Great British Car Journey Great British Car Journey | A tour through British motoring history
Cosford RAF Museum RAF Museum Midlands | Midlands Aircraft Museum | Free Admission
Bicester Heritage Bicester Heritage | Bicester Heritage
Hatton Country Park Hatton Country World – Fantastic Attractions for the Whole Family (hattonworld.com)

Or if anyone has any other suggestions, please do let me know. However first and foremost, we must select a date..... I'd suggest we get Easter out of the way, to allow for people taking holidays so please indicate your preferences in the poll!

Thanks for all your support in 2022 - here's to getting together in 2023.

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Voted. Can't do the 23rd April as that's my London marathon day. All those venues sound great. 

Remember people you don't have to attend in your Zed, just make sure you come!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

9 minutes ago, TheRealNips said:

Voted. Can't do the 23rd April as that's my London marathon day. All those venues sound great. 

Remember people you don't have to attend in your Zed, just make sure you come!

Good point Tom - that point is key.....

This is your club folks, it's your chance to help us run the kind of club that you want to be members of - and we can't do that without your participation, help, support and above all, feedback. Come along, meet your fellow members, have some lunch and have your say on how we can continue running the club to suit everyone!

Richard ? 

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

4 hours ago, Joely P said:

Voted. I can do the 30th. I also put the 7th but have since realised I’m busy that weekend but can’t amend my vote!

I can’t do the 23rd for the same reason as Tom. I could do the 16th with notice as I’ll just book leave.

Are you running the marathon as well?

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

The 30th looks popular - and yet again I spotted it's the BH weekend, with May 1st being the BH Monday..... Which also clashes with the Lyddon Hill event.

Keep the votes coming guys, I can always do a short list after voting finishes, so don't despair if you want to re-vote ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...