NEC 2022.....!

Hi all,

Another year has flown by, so before it's too late, we have to choose our exhibitors for this year's show....

Classic Motor Show | NEC Birmingham (necclassicmotorshow.com)

It's a full-on event; you will have to be there on Thursday 10th November (at a specific time allocated by the NEC) to place your car on the stand - and you will not be able to drive away again until late evening on Sunday 13th November. 

You may, of course, drop your car off on Thursday and then return to collect it on Sunday - subject to leaving the keys with one of us who will be there for the duration. However it would be preferable if you could also stay and man the stand for the whole weekend.... It is a big commitment - but you will have the privilege of exhibiting your Zed on the world stage, in one of the very best classic car shows of the year!

We are still debating on whether the club will fully fund accommodation costs this year, but for now, we need volunteers..... If you are interested in exhibiting your car, please register your interest in this thread. We need 4 cars, plus one in reserve. Once we have enough interest, we'll put it to the vote in order to select the top 4 and reserve.

Ideally, we'd like one of each style on the stand - LWB, SWB, convertible and modified.... But ultimately it's the members' choice - providing we get the volunteers!

Thanks for your support,

Richard  

• Like 3

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

You are welcome to use my car as reserve, but due to a weekend away, I can not be there to man the stand ?

• Sad 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the top for this.....

We have barely 6 weeks to the show and I need 4 cars to display... Come on folks, we have some damn fine Zeds in this club, how about we show them off at the biggest and most prestigious classic car show of them all ?  

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Anyone considering volunteering…I urge you to take the plunge! …it is a great 4 days showing your car and talking to dozens of interested and interesting people….not to mention the thousands of other cars to see that are on display. I have done it twice… both time were brilliant… the only reason I am not putting myself forward this year is down to my availability due to work commitments.

So anyone still wavering …give it a go !!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "Exaggeration is the enemy of credibility"

12 hours ago, GSC said:

Anyone considering volunteering…I urge you to take the plunge! …it is a great 4 days showing your car and talking to dozens of interested and interesting people….not to mention the thousands of other cars to see that are on display. I have done it twice… both time were brilliant… the only reason I am not putting myself forward this year is down to my availability due to work commitments.

So anyone still wavering …give it a go !!

Wise words Gary - and thank you for endorsement.......!!!

Think I’ve sorted work so count me in Rich, the car can be there all 4 days and I’ll attend on the Sunday so can help out if needed then as well. I can’t do anymore I’m afraid as I’ve got 3 young kids and I’m not sure missus’ would be very happy if I sloped off for 4 days to look at cars! ?

• Like 1

#1. 1993 Twin Turbo Manual LWB in black (2022 - )

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Think I’ve sorted work so count me in Rich, the car can be there all 4 days and I’ll attend on the Sunday so can help out if needed then as well. I can’t do anymore I’m afraid as I’ve got 3 young kids and I’m not sure missus’ would be very happy if I sloped off for 4 days to look at cars! ?

I reckon that could work mate ?

I was planning on standing in as our "reserve" car - and would be doing exactly the same thing....!

• Like 1

Just like last year, I have booked an Air BnB house for those attending the show. It's under10 minutes' drive from the NEC.... 

.....As said, we're still debating what the club will fund - but for reference, the total cost for three nights (Thur-Sat) is £660, for 4 people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

The show is now 4 weeks away and we have three volunteers, plus Tom, whose car can make it, but sadly not Tom himself.....!

In the absence of any more volunteers, I am of the opinion we should skip a vote and simply select Joel, Rob (Howl) and Mike as the first three attendees. Does anyone have any objections? If so, please speak now or forever hold your piece.... ? 

I know Tom is making plans for a proxy-driver/attendee to man the stand with his car, in his absence... So, on that basis we have a possible 4th exhibitor in waiting.

I plan to be there on Thursday for set-up; and like last year, I will probably drive up in my Zed.... Which can be used as a last-minute stand in, if for any reason someone has to drop out at short notice. Although I can't be there every day.

So assuming we are all in agreement, JP, Howl and Mike, it looks like you're representing us this year. Thanks guys - I really appreciate your support!! I'll discuss accommodation costs with the rest of the committee - as said, I have booked a house about 10 minutes away for you to stay in, and will share details shortly by PM.

Tom, no doubt we shall speak soon ?

I am surprised not to have heard from Andrew though - he always loves the NEC show and is a great ambassador for the club and the Z32 every year.... 

• Like 1

Rich, have you tried mentioning it on the Facebook page for the club?

Very happy to be representing the club!

Obviously I’ll be bringing the car up Thursday, is there a time we can get there? Need to be early as possible.

Then I’ll be up in the Sunday all day to help out

#1. 1993 Twin Turbo Manual LWB in black (2022 - )

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Back to the top with, as the show is this coming weekend....!

We have 2 confirmed cars (Mike and Rob) and one possible (Raj - who, like Rob cannot remain there all weekend). I will also drive to the NEC in my Zed for set-up on Thursday, so we have a back-up car - and I will happily leave it on the stand if we need another.

But if anyone else would like the chance to exhibit, please do let me know.

I'm also looking for one or two volunteers to help man the stand for a few hours on Fri and Sat, to provide support for Mike. Thread here in the private section.... ? 

NEC 2022 - support volunteers wanted.... - General Discussion - 300ZX Owners Club

Thanks - and do drop me a PM, if you're interested 

• Like 1

Sorry Richard, I did want to go after you mentioned it but now have another work meeting today meaning I can’t drive up [emoji3525]. Tomorrow can’t do either and weekend now busy.

Next year I’m in for sure, just couldn’t quite swing it for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk