Slammed MX5

0ef663c9ed8445b8fd98c98eaf1529d4.jpg

60ee6c1a67523adc44477d6c74363c9c.jpg

db8f6c0c6d366bfed7736d46c80969a5.jpg

Time warp Bluebird!

a89863b52c0e01dc5366268ce72f9eac.jpg

6289994113e0774312b62901b3c389eb.jpg

70e5fcc6e3d811d7ec0f19a2984a48a1.jpg

It was a pretty miserable day weather wise, many of the cars that did attend had vacated by midday and the kids were pretty bored, cold and wet! The bird of prey display has always been a highlight of the day and although the Falconer was at the show, the weather prevented a display of the birds so that was another disappointment. I’m guessing they didn’t make a video of this years show to advertise next year so they will probably be using my ugly mug to promote it again!

Great to meet some new faces and have a little catch up with others. Our club stand position seems to have gotten progressively worse every year, we were spoilt for the consecutive years of being by the monorail. Fingers crossed that next year will restore normal service of weather for this show and hopefully a nice spot, maybe we can have the 240, 300, 350 and 370s together for another anniversary display?

Edited by Joely P

really good day, despite best efforts of the weather.

saw a lot more of the museum and house than i was expecting, so no loss of interesting things to see either.

well done to everyone that made it :thumbup1: zedded or zedless

I turned up totally gutted about the weather. I haven't been to shows for nearly 4 years since beaulieu 2014. I left by 1pm soaked to the bones :)

Hope the weather will be better for next year.

Yep it was our first show in years as well. Damn shame about the weather but it was good to put a few names to faces, and to look around Beaulieu.

Still, the rain made my paintwork look so much better. They always say never buy a car in the rain! :cool:

My apologies for not turning up today. I waited until after 5am this morning in the forlorn hope that somehow the

weather forcasts might improve before deciding that I wouldn't make the journey and letting Howard know.

For me, SJ is the best public show I attend each year as part of the Club and it is so disappointing that the weather

went t!ts up for the one day the event was on. Hats off to those that made it. With luck next year's SJ as part of our

30th anniversary year will be one to remember.

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

I would like to apologise that My friend and I didn't make it either. We were watching the BBC weather radar all night, then checked it again at 4.30am when we should have got up to meet and leave in convoy, but it was already torrential here and decided against. I don't really do car shows due to work and what not, but simply Japanese is always circled on my calendar, even Alexa knows it! I am gutted that I didnt make it, but well done to those that braved it! Not sure i like the carbon wrapped GTR or the slammed mx5, the datsun sunny seems retro and cool though!

It annoys me because I spent most of the day before washing, polishing and caressing mine and my mates car to get them shinny and ready and it was all done in glorious sunshine! Then it started raining during dinner... oh well

IMG_20180728_193510.jpg

roll on next year with sun and heat...maybe get Stephen organising the weather again :lol:

Edited by TheRealNips

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

My Z would struggle in heavy rain and floods infact it would idle like a pig and stop due to the low lying HKS mushroom filter getting soaked. So I can understand why so many Z's did not attend.

Fairlady Z's = fair day driving. :biggrin:

I really enjoyed it as a day out

Decided it was slicktop weather rather than convertable weather

Rain on the way there was constant heavy, but i never needed fast wipers, and used intermitent most of the way, had to avoid 3 or 4 large puddles that were quarter to half across road ( i have low lying mushrooms too)

Best bit was only 10 minute queue to get into sight ( usually over an hour)

No queues for any attractions, the momorail thst normally queues down the stairs we walked straight on a train, no queue to see the topgear film which i never bothered before due to queue

The birds of prey talk was in a little building to about 10 of us and i got much closer to a falcon than i ever have been as it looked me in the eyes from about 2 ft away

The museum and house i got to spend more time looking at stuff close up due to no crowds

Even managed to eat our picnic ( in the car admitedly not on picnic blanket)

I thought the plot we had was better than last year as quite a few people came through the gap next to the ruined building and came over to look at the cars or talk. But it would be nice to be back in the origonal plot next year

Left about 4.30 and the rain going home was only light

And yes the rain even made my paintwork look good and i got a few compliments

Only downside for me was not getting to chat to everyone for longer

Edited by ianl
Fat fingers, small screen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beaulieu is always a good day out - but the weather was pants and, whilst I was Zedless, it was still good to catch up with Craig, Ian, Joel and Edd…. The museum and house saved the day - but still a pity really, as many exhibitors left around midday.

Great to see Gary (Hellraiser) made it along - even though I missed you mate, I did spot your fine Zed arriving, whilst I was queueing at the "peasant's entrance!".....:lol:

Here's to next year :clover:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

People's choice was the MX5 !! it would of got 3rd place from me and I think the Bluebird 1st.

LOL - if that!!

Clearly the weather just rendered the voters into "don't give a shite mode!!" I know that I did not get the chance to vote.....:wink"

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: