craig

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I just got home. broke down 10 minutes from home at 11.45 on the A3 fuel pump disintegrated (land rover , not Z) . AA have finally recovered me. I was going to post a picture but it was too dark. I'm a bit cold now after my 11 hour journey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, I just got home. broke down 10 minutes from home at 11.45 on the A3 fuel pump disintegrated (land rover , not Z) . AA have finally recovered me. I was going to post a picture but it was too dark. I'm a bit cold now after my 11 hour journey

Ah man, sorry to hear that Ian, what a pain in the...! Thanks for your help on the stand matey and hope your get your landy sorted ok. Now you just have to choose what Z to drive until it’s fixed!

Thats a pain Ian hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Nice short video from Retro Japanese showing our stand and other Jap stands.

I've just watched this vid and I have a genuine question...

How on earth have we been relegated to a smaller stand than last year when the Nissan Figaro (are they even any kind of classic car??) gets a huge stand comparatively?!

Surely, as the Z32's profile rises (thanks to shows like this, Joel's tireless magazine features and the recent article that Jimmer contributed to), we should be getting more stand space, not less!

I'm genuinely interested in the reasoning behind this. Can anyone shed any light at all....?

How on earth have we been relegated to a smaller stand than last year when the Nissan Figaro (are they even any kind of classic car??) gets a huge stand comparatively?!

Surely, as the Z32's profile rises (thanks to shows like this, Joel's tireless magazine features and the recent article that Jimmer contributed to), we should be getting more stand space, not less!

I'm genuinely interested in the reasoning behind this. Can anyone shed any light at all....?

We didn't have a stand at all this year but at the last moment we had a chance of this small stand so we took it. The stands are free if you get one but I think you can pay for a larger stand.

Mmm.... its £££ signs nothing more, and could the guy filming have moved past the club stand any quicker ? jeez thought he had hit the fast forward button ??

disappointing for you guys, be inclined to ditch that video.

Jeff

Mmm.... its £££ signs nothing more, and could the guy filming have moved past the club stand any quicker ? jeez thought he had hit the fast forward button ??

Jeff

Disappointing we didn't get a bigger stand but glad we have it and will have better ones in future hopefully. As for the video it was just a quick walk past all the Jap stands. Dont be so negative Jeff the glass is half full not half empty :biggrin:

Assorted pictures from my visit to the show yesterday with Howard. Great to meet everyone who was there and thoroughly enjoyed

myself. Well done to Joel and Craig for presenting their cars in such a great light. Small stand maybe but told a good story.

IMG_0592s.jpg

IMG_0628s.jpg

IMG_0617s.jpg

IMG_0586s.jpg

IMG_0574s.jpg

IMG_0633s.jpg

IMG_0584s.jpg

IMG_0630s.jpg

• Like 1

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Jeff

Disappointing we didn't get a bigger stand but glad we have it and will have better ones in future hopefully. As for the video it was just a quick walk past all the Jap stands. Dont be so negative Jeff the glass is half full not half empty :biggrin:

To be fair, the guy that filmed that is responsible for helping us raise the profile of the car as he is the editor of Retro Japanese magazine. He is very involved in the classic car scene of many other variants too and likes to do these quick walk round videos of his various tastes!

video it was just a quick walk past all the Jap stands. Dont be so negative Jeff the glass is half full not half empty :biggrin:

Ah yes I guess, would have been nice to had a bit more, after all the guys had done the club proud, those zeds are stunning !!

And the Classic Z Register got knocked back for the first time in 20 odd years

What ??? that is bad...

Jeff

Wondering this too.

They have had a huge stand for the last few years and usually have less on it than what we show.

How on earth have we been relegated to a smaller stand than last year...

And the Classic Z Register got knocked back for the first time in 20 odd years

There were a number of clubs that were knocked back apparently, and also a few that only got allocated at the last minute like us.

There was less hall space as well this year, as the pavilion was not being used.

Wondering this too.

They have had a huge stand for the last few years and usually have less on it than what we show.

Joel and I had a discussion about this, and also discussed it with the Supra guys as well.

One of the application questions relates to the number of paying members, but I think some of the clubs maybe enter the number of registered members, not necessarily if they pay subscriptions etc.

Or maybe those clubs genuinely do have more paying members than us.

So if there are more 'members', the organisers possibly give a bit more space because they expect more members to turn up, as more members to buy the discounted tickets.

So on the next application form, I think we will use the number of registered members not subscribed members, and see where that gets us.

The Supra guys are hoping for a larger stand next year for their 25th anniversary.