erolls old car that ran lean and melted just after it was build

Guest dan300zx

Is it not possible that a fuel system issue caused debris into the injectors to the detriment of the engine? Maybe they just need an ultrasonic clean and balance now to be serviceable again.

It's always very difficult to isolate and prove with absolute certainty what the cause of such a failure is, there are a few variables and usually different parties/traders in the chain.

Is it not possible that a fuel system issue caused debris into the injectors to the detriment of the engine? Maybe they just need an ultrasonic clean and balance now to be serviceable again.

It's always very difficult to isolate and prove with absolute certainty what the cause of such a failure is, there are a few variables and usually different parties/traders in the chain.

This. Its all just speculation.

Guest dan300zx

lesson here pay and get the best injectors and keep away from deathworks £400 lesson a lot of money by any ones book

Edited by dan300zx

New Deatschwerks are absolutely fine and actually a good aftermarket injector. Their first foray with them was not a happy one though as they used re-drilled originals. Their new ones however are completely new and a decent injector. If you buy new, they're fine. Steer clear from their old stuff.

New Deatschwerks are absolutely fine and actually a good aftermarket injector. Their first foray with them was not a happy one though as they used re-drilled originals. Their new ones however are completely new and a decent injector. If you buy new, they're fine. Steer clear from their old stuff.

Agreed. I swear Jimmer has used the new style ones without issue?

Guest dan300zx

there the new ones mate with less than 3k miles on them i spoke to the tuner this morning about the make all he said was there just a cheap brand and would not fit to any of there cars you cant get round the test results there duff

Guest dan300zx

its not worth it now even greg at prorune when i spoke to him a few months ago told me dont use them use the 740 tomei ones he didnt test them this was just a convo i had with him a few months ago them the new tuners tested them and here we are 400 notes down

Rather than sling them in the bin, I'd certainly send them back to DW for testing. That'll shed light on whether they have actually all failed/damaged or wether they have been contaminated. Maybe worth asking Errol if he still has the original flow report so they can match serial numbers etc.

^^This

its not worth it now even greg at prorune when i spoke to him a few months ago told me dont use them use the 740 tomei ones he didnt test them this was just a convo i had with him a few months ago them the new tuners tested them and here we are 400 notes down

Just a note on the origin of Tomei vs Nismo and HKS 740cc injectors:

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2575427/NismoTomeiHKS-all-sell-the-exact-same-740cc-injector.html

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Hi guys just to put the record straight, I have known Jeff for about 13 years and he would never rip me off which is why when I had my car I only had him do work on it. The injectors Jeff acquired for my car were definitely not cheap chinese crap, when my engine was finished it was running so perfect with absolutely no shaking, it was very smooth. Now I was putting shell petrol in my car since I had the engine build but this particular day I went to Asda and filled up with normal 95 ron , only recently I thought about this, because it has been bugging me, this I think is what killed 2 pistons. If the injectors were bad from the start why would my engine run so perfect? It was definitely bad fuel I stupidly put into my car, lesson learned, never put normal 95 ron in an upgraded engine.

dan300zx sorry but there was nothing wrong with the injectors, your tester got it wrong in the first place by saying the injectors were cheap chinese crap and may also have got it wrong about the flow, I definitely wouldn't bin them without a second tester checking them out.

Guest dan300zx

been flow tested cant get more facts than that there uneven and not going in the car i dont blame you here as you wouldnt have known yes your car would run on them but its not doing any good if there uneven flows

anyhow dont worry about it will take it on the chin and move on i have new injectors now anyhow

Edited by dan300zx

been flow tested cant get more facts than that there uneven and not going in the car i dont blame you here as you wouldn't have known yes your car would run on them but its not doing any good if there uneven flows

Dan mate, they may be bad now but they could have been perfectly fine when on his car. Bumps in transit or got internal contamination after being used are all possibilities.

Guest dan300zx
Dan mate, they may be bad now but they could have been perfectly fine when on his car. Bumps in transit or got internal contamination after being used are all possibilities.

of they could have always been funny and thats why his car melted if i was to run them now my engine would be dead in time to

Hi guys just to put the record straight, I have known Jeff for about 13 years and he would never rip me off which is why when I had my car I only had him do work on it. The injectors Jeff acquired for my car were definitely not cheap chinese crap, when my engine was finished it was running so perfect with absolutely no shaking, it was very smooth. Now I was putting shell petrol in my car since I had the engine build but this particular day I went to Asda and filled up with normal 95 ron , only recently I thought about this, because it has been bugging me, this I think is what killed 2 pistons. If the injectors were bad from the start why would my engine run so perfect? It was definitely bad fuel I stupidly put into my car, lesson learned, never put normal 95 ron in an upgraded engine.

dan300zx sorry but there was nothing wrong with the injectors, your tester got it wrong in the first place by saying the injectors were cheap chinese crap and may also have got it wrong about the flow, I definitely wouldn't bin them without a second tester checking them out.

Thanks for putting the record straight mate and I also use top grade petrol only in my Z (BP Ultimate) and its not an upgraded engine.

of they could have always been funny and thats why his car melted if i was to run them now my engine would be dead in time to

This what I meant when I said speculation. You just cannot know anything other than what you know and all you know is that they are currently shite. If your gonna bin them, bin them in my bin will ya.

• Trade

Mine are 8 years old now no problems at all,Ive fitted plenty and never had a set fail ever.I know early ones had complaints but that was years ago.I speak to Greg on a regular basis,and the reason he wont map with them is because he finds the idle harder to tune due to the coils used in them,his words not mine.Maybe he came across an early set at some stage who knows.And if those injectors have been sat about that wont help,any injectors set aside for long periods need cleaning before use,Even after cleaning and flow testing its advised to use them within 6 weeks.

Edited by jimmer
further info
Untitled-1.png

Guest dan300zx
Mine are 8 years old now no problems at all,Ive fitted plenty and never had a set fail ever.I know early ones had complaints but that was years ago.I speak to Greg on a regular basis,and the reason he wont map with them is because he finds the idle harder to tune due to the coils used in them,his words not mine.Maybe he came across an early set at some stage who knows.

greg didnt test the them it was some other chap it dont matter now time to move on

Edited by dan300zx