May 20, 201610 yr Does anybody own or have owned an sl500 or sl55 Amg? I'm interested in maybe having one but I don't know much about them other than the fact the build quality maybe a little suspect and the abc suspension system is junk.
May 20, 201610 yr Congratulations on the new job Si.....:thumbup: Company car tax on a Merc is not so bad - as with premium German motors (Audi/BMW/Merc) the emissions are generally lower than most comparable cars. It's the tax on fuel that's the killer. Unless you drive 12,000 PRIVATE miles a year, you're better off paying for your own fuel; it's cheaper than paying the tax. Just reclaim business fuel at circa 12p per mile...:wink: You will have to explain the details to me some when Richard. My HMRC tax brake down last year, the company car cost me a fair few quid if I understood it properly.
May 24, 201610 yr My boss has a 2002 sl500, and honestly it goes wrong every other month and the parts are always £500 and upwards, the SBC control unit is actually programmed to record every application of the brake pedal and once it reaches a pre determined figure it actually logs a DTC lights up the dash like a xmas tree and it means the unit must be replaced, the unit alone was £1200! Suspension legs have been replaced at a cost of £875 each on the rear, central locking control unit in the boot packed up, another £600. Just some info on my only experience of these cars.
Does anybody own or have owned an sl500 or sl55 Amg? I'm interested in maybe having one but I don't know much about them other than the fact the build quality maybe a little suspect and the abc suspension system is junk.