zed prices rising

To be honest I don't think it'll be long before 10k plus Zeds become an acceptable price tag.

To my annoyance, I still don't think they will command the price tags that R32/33 GTR/supra/rx7 are commanding, but I think the gap will close up from what I think was a ridiculous price difference.

And like Joely, FungalBumpkin and few others, I have no plans of ever selling the zed, but insurance value is proving a bit of an issue for me. I know the absolute minimum I would value my zed at, but with some sort of provenance in the marketplace for that value, it's getting harder to get insurers to agree higher see values.

Si, Joel, Gary... Have you all got agreed values?

Hi Nick mine has an agreed value of three and a half thousand but that will change before I take it out of the garage for the Summer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Gary. I won't ask what you will try and get it valued at when you renew. I am curious to know in what basis your going to try and gain an increase?

Improvement of condition from restoration type work?

Value of new modifications?

Changes in general market value if z32's?

Interested to know your thoughts

Cheers Gary. I won't ask what you will try and get it valued at when you renew. I am curious to know in what basis your going to try and gain an increase?

Improvement of condition from restoration type work?

Value of new modifications?

Changes in general market value if z32's?

Interested to know your thoughts

The insurance company I am with now are not very good but will stay with them as the Z is well locked in the garage and of the road till Summer but I will be changing company's soon and going to them with a more updated agreed value. Still not sure what value but it will be more than £3500 and will base my value on todays 300zx TT prices. I know my SWB is one of the best in the UK and it would command a top of the market value.

I think the other issue is defining "top of market value". The z32 market is pretty unique in the jap performance world in that other cars like I have previously mentioned have a fairly well defined upper and lower limit of their respective markets. While the zed deffo has a lower limit, upper limit is a bit of an unknown to me

Gary that valuation is way way under what it should be

As you are also a subscribed member of the Z Club get in touch with the valuation guy (Moggy240) and get him to give you a valuation of your car from the club as we nave never had a query from any insurance company on any valuation given no matter what model it is

Also valuations should be what it would cost to repair the car into the same condition that it is in and not the book value that would be seriously lower

I agree with Steve, far too low Gary, mine although not specifically agreed in stone is valued at £5k with my insurance and has been since i got it, but even after declaring mods, they are not listed on my policy which is sketchy at best :thumbdown: May well go down the route of valuation though before renewal :thumbup1:

Gary that valuation is way way under what it should be

As you are also a subscribed member of the Z Club get in touch with the valuation guy (Moggy240) and get him to give you a valuation of your car from the club as we nave never had a query from any insurance company on any valuation given no matter what model it is

Also valuations should be what it would cost to repair the car into the same condition that it is in and not the book value that would be seriously lower

Sounds good Steve I must give him a shout :thumbup1:

I agree with Steve, far too low Gary, mine although not specifically agreed in stone is valued at £5k with my insurance and has been since i got it, but even after declaring mods, they are not listed on my policy which is sketchy at best :thumbdown: May well go down the route of valuation though before renewal :thumbup1:

that to is way under valued

You might want to keep notes of for sale ads if you are going to think you are going to value them higher with insurers. More often than not the insurance payout is much lower than anyone would value it at and if you challenge it you will need to show proof that these cars are for sale at the level you want to be paid out at, especially if you are insured with Admiral or some other mainstream insurer. Its tricky as clearly money has been pumped into these cars to restore, but the insurer will only be interested in seeing what these cars sell for in terms of values so the more evidence you have the better your chance of getting what you want in any claim.

I Know

The isurers told us they were having a hard job xaluing Jans as a 98 model

She was with a branch of Admiral. They said the look at Petrolheads It is not listed in Glass's guide, so they were a bit stuck

£6K is what it was insured for and what she bought it for and thats what they paid out

My green Zed was insured for £5K but when I showed the engineer who came to assess it all the restoration work that had already been done he had no problem clearing the £2k repair bill for new parts

Just hate to think what the insurance will next year though !

You might want to keep notes of for sale ads if you are going to think you are going to value them higher with insurers. More often than not the insurance payout is much lower than anyone would value it at and if you challenge it you will need to show proof that these cars are for sale at the level you want to be paid out at, especially if you are insured with Admiral or some other mainstream insurer. Its tricky as clearly money has been pumped into these cars to restore, but the insurer will only be interested in seeing what these cars sell for in terms of values so the more evidence you have the better your chance of getting what you want in any claim.

That's why you agree a value in writing as part of the insurance premium. In my experience, agreed value insurance policies (normally part of a classic policy) are generally cheaper than the mainstream insurers anyway, so it's a win win situation.